BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOS LAUNCHER PROBLEMS

3 posters

Go down

NOS LAUNCHER PROBLEMS Empty NOS LAUNCHER PROBLEMS

Post  studly February 9th 2012, 11:32 pm

I usually use the eldebrock controller but wanted more options for my two stage kit.

this controller has been trouble since i put it in i have sent it back and had it checked, and have rewired it twice. I finally got in touch with FJO the manufacture of the unit and they gave me some troubleshooting tips.

the trouble
1. unit works fine while testing
2. the unit cuts on and off completely while under load

I have changed the wiring from a plus 12 volts arming to a ground still same issues

car has 6 gauge ground wire to progressive for selonoids straight to battery.
car was using relays to controll transbrake and 7531 retards
have converted everything over to progressive controll with relays on GPO on the NOs Launcher still same issues
i have now run the small ground wire on the progressive straigt to the battery and use a ground signal to activate the controller. the same wire per FJO instructions over the phone.

the main issue FJO said is the tach wire would pick up noise or the small ground wire for the unit.
i am going on rear wheel dyno tomorrow and will let you know the outcome of leaving the tach wire off of the progressive if that fixes then i will post what i have done to fix.

just letting people know this controller has alot of options i am hoping to get it to work if not i am installing the eldebrock controller in the car tomorrow and testing it on this car just pulled it off a car i wired 2 years ago and it was working fine

anybody had this issue with the NOS launcher please post up what you did to fix, I usually run just the 7531 and control by timing but progressives are allowed this year and trying to up the game a little

thanks

studly
studly

Back to top Go down

NOS LAUNCHER PROBLEMS Empty Re: NOS LAUNCHER PROBLEMS

Post  studly February 11th 2012, 3:45 pm

Well got it fixed, dont know exactly what fixed it but i Velcro the box to the frame instead of using screws. and isolated some grounds, Car made right at 1196hp and 1010 torque on 350 hit of nitrous i was impressed now time to start spanking some chebbys.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 11th 2012, 5:14 pm

studly wrote:Well got it fixed, dont know exactly what fixed it but i Velcro the box to the frame instead of using screws. and isolated some grounds, Car made right at 1196hp and 1010 torque on 350 hit of nitrous i was impressed now time to start spanking some chebbys.

Shocked

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bigjohn2007 February 11th 2012, 7:56 pm

Sounds NASTY
bigjohn2007
bigjohn2007
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  studly February 12th 2012, 4:36 pm

bruno wrote:
studly wrote:Well got it fixed, dont know exactly what fixed it but i Velcro the box to the frame instead of using screws. and isolated some grounds, Car made right at 1196hp and 1010 torque on 350 hit of nitrous i was impressed now time to start spanking some chebbys.

Shocked

tagged you on facebook with the dyno sheet
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down