BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam?

+3
kjett
bigblockfox468
mudtrucker
7 posters

Go down

Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam? Empty Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam?

Post  mudtrucker April 4th 2012, 10:20 am

I have tried the "search" function with no luck. Anyways I remember reading a build post that I am almost sure was in the proven build section that used a big custom ground solid flat tappet cam. If this is you or you know which post it is or you are running a big solid flat tappet let me know please.
mudtrucker
mudtrucker

Back to top Go down

Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam? Empty Re: Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam?

Post  bigblockfox468 April 4th 2012, 10:30 am

mudtrucker wrote:I have tried the "search" function with no luck. Anyways I remember reading a build post that I am almost sure was in the proven build section that used a big custom ground solid flat tappet cam. If this is you or you know which post it is or you are running a big solid flat tappet let me know please.

Not sure if you're referring to me but heres mine:

https://www.429-460.com/t4799-my-build-my-fox-transformationlotsa-pics

Go to page 4 and cam specs are there. Any questions give me a shout or better yet give Blake (my engine builder) a shout he goes by IDT-572.

Hope this helps Wink
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam? Empty Re: Who is running a big sollid flat tappet cam?

Post  mudtrucker April 4th 2012, 10:39 am

bigblockfox468 wrote:
mudtrucker wrote:I have tried the "search" function with no luck. Anyways I remember reading a build post that I am almost sure was in the proven build section that used a big custom ground solid flat tappet cam. If this is you or you know which post it is or you are running a big solid flat tappet let me know please.

Go to page 4 and cam specs are there. Any questions give me a shout or better yet give Blake (my engine builder) a shout he goes by IDT-572.

Hope this helps Wink
You are the man!!!!!!!!!! Thanks thats the one.
mudtrucker
mudtrucker

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 April 4th 2012, 10:42 am

mudtrucker wrote:
bigblockfox468 wrote:

Hope this helps Wink

Cool n/p
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 4th 2012, 11:03 am

How big do you consider big? Not every cam will work in every application. My cam is on the aggresive side, but it designed to work with my ported d0ve's. It would probably leave a ton on the table if I used it with my a460 heads.
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  mudtrucker April 4th 2012, 3:14 pm

kjett wrote:How big do you consider big? Not every cam will work in every application. My cam is on the aggresive side, but it designed to work with my ported d0ve's. It would probably leave a ton on the table if I used it with my a460 heads.
I thought you were running a solid roller cam not a solid flat tappet. I understand that what is "big" for one combo would be be "small" for another. But the cam that Bigblockfox468 has is in fact on the "big" side of a solid flat tappet and is what I was looking for.
mudtrucker
mudtrucker

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett April 4th 2012, 3:27 pm

I am running a solid roller. My point was what is the rest of the combo to make it all work? Sometimes big to one person could mean moderate to another. All depends on application. Smile
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 April 4th 2012, 5:22 pm

mudtrucker wrote:
kjett wrote:How big do you consider big? Not every cam will work in every application. My cam is on the aggresive side, but it designed to work with my ported d0ve's. It would probably leave a ton on the table if I used it with my a460 heads.
I thought you were running a solid roller cam not a solid flat tappet. I understand that what is "big" for one combo would be be "small" for another. But the cam that Bigblockfox468 has is in fact on the "big" side of a solid flat tappet and is what I was looking for.

If your going to run the cam Mike has you need to call me, it's not your typical solid flat tappet.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 April 4th 2012, 5:37 pm

" barbwire" series..................not for the faint of heart. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 4th 2012, 6:10 pm

mudtrucker wrote:
bigblockfox468 wrote:

Hope this helps Wink

I remembered that but, I thought you meant BIG ... that is a pretty typical bracket race type camshaft.
Big is like what they used to run in Pro Stock years ago when they still ran flat tappets; something like 286/298@.050" with mid .700's valve lift, Laughing

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 April 4th 2012, 11:19 pm

I am running .649 lift not as big as the one that Bigblockfox468
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down