BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Terrible service from Eagle

+13
Lem Evans
lghting94
schmitty
66prostreetfairlane
rmcomprandy
the Coug
Mike R
res0rli9
bigblok2000ranger
dfree383
John I.
fordman50
blown473
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Terrible service from Eagle Empty Terrible service from Eagle

Post  blown473 May 26th 2012, 9:19 pm

Anybody here have a line on getting the 2000 series rod bolts for the 514/521 rods Eagle makes? I ordered them through Eagle because ARP will not sell them, they send you to Eagle, and so far FedX could not find the right house and sent the package back to Eagle, then Eagle said they would re-ship them UPS last Monday and still all I have is a $175. hole in my wallet, and Eagle still has not responded to e-mails asking for a UPS tracking #. (They did supply a Fedx one, and it shows product has arrived back at Eagle & was signed for, their complete round trip only took a week, UPS has been a full week & nothing) This sucks, my engine is stalled at the machine shop. I get parts from all over the country & they usually arrive within a few days, Summit, Jegs, Speedway, BF Evans all have great track records on my shipments. I'm not very happy with Eagle's customer service, and would rather buy these somewhere else if anybody knows where I can get my hands on some. I need to upgrade from the 8740 bolts. I only have 5300 miles on my current 473 engine , but was going to move up to the 514, but I'm so pissed I'm ready to shove this engine in a corner & forget about it for awhile, I hate holding up my machine shop on B.S. like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Greg pale
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Terrible service from Eagle Empty Re: Terrible service from Eagle

Post  fordman50 May 28th 2012, 9:35 pm

sorry to hear that.. I buy all my shit from Prob.... Mark, the owner is real stand up and a big message board junkie... lives on Corral.net lol

fordman50

Back to top Go down

Post  John I. May 29th 2012, 12:34 am

And yellowbullet.

John I.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 29th 2012, 1:32 am

Summet will be the quickest if they have them instock.

You need to know the Diameter and Length.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Eagle-Specialty-Products/?keyword=ARP+2000+bolts
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblok2000ranger May 29th 2012, 8:30 am

I hate FedEx last year the driver pulled some bs saying she attempted to deliver a package and she never even drove down my street, I had my wife stay home all day 2 days in a row and they never stopped on the third day I took the day off work and I watched the driver drive right by the end of my street. I was on phone with fedex instantly and she had already marked it as nobody home and they wouldn't make her turn around so I ended up filing a complaint with better business bureau. The woman no longer works for them and the guy they hired in her place usually drops m stuff off first thing in the morning.
bigblok2000ranger
bigblok2000ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 29th 2012, 12:45 pm

bigblok2000ranger wrote:I hate FedEx last year the driver pulled some bs saying she attempted to deliver a package and she never even drove down my street, I had my wife stay home all day 2 days in a row and they never stopped on the third day I took the day off work and I watched the driver drive right by the end of my street. I was on phone with fedex instantly and she had already marked it as nobody home and they wouldn't make her turn around so I ended up filing a complaint with better business bureau. The woman no longer works for them and the guy they hired in her place usually drops m stuff off first thing in the morning.

I have that same problem when they have a new or fill-in driver and then I have to wait till they get back to the shop and go pick it up there Evil or Very Mad same thing with ups

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Terrible service from Eagle Empty More on Eagle

Post  blown473 May 29th 2012, 7:23 pm

Today was no better, I called Eagle at 630am my time, which is 930am their time, talked to Tom, asked where's my UPS tracking #, no bolts have showed up in over a week, this order is now running 3 weeks long & he said "I will find out & call you back today!" Never heard from him for the rest of the day. Got home, still no package or notice on my door. This is my second set of Eagle rods, do they think after this I will buy another?? There needs to be another path to getting replacement bolts, ARP won't sell you them or even give you a part # to search for them, they send you to Eagle, and Eagle does not seem interested in people trying to freshen or upgrade their bolts. If they were available from Summit or Jegs I could have had them in 2-3 days tops. This is just a poor situation period.
No
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike R May 29th 2012, 8:39 pm

Is this them? http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B13%2B1147708&searchTerm=arp+200-6209

Mike R

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 30th 2012, 2:54 am

blown473 wrote:Today was no better, I called Eagle at 630am my time, which is 930am their time, talked to Tom, asked where's my UPS tracking #, no bolts have showed up in over a week, this order is now running 3 weeks long & he said "I will find out & call you back today!" Never heard from him for the rest of the day. Got home, still no package or notice on my door. This is my second set of Eagle rods, do they think after this I will buy another?? There needs to be another path to getting replacement bolts, ARP won't sell you them or even give you a part # to search for them, they send you to Eagle, and Eagle does not seem interested in people trying to freshen or upgrade their bolts. If they were available from Summit or Jegs I could have had them in 2-3 days tops. This is just a poor situation period.
No

Slow down.... Get your money back and get the bolts from Summit or Jegs...... Eagle or ARP are not set-up great for direct sales.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 30th 2012, 7:28 am

Cancel the order and buy them from ARP that where they get them from in the first place
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 May 30th 2012, 10:54 am

the Coug wrote:Cancel the order and buy them from ARP that where they get them from in the first place

( I ordered them through Eagle because ARP will not sell them, they send you to Eagle, )

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug May 30th 2012, 6:31 pm

I wonder why I just bought some from ARP n/p
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 30th 2012, 6:50 pm

the Coug wrote:I wonder why I just bought some from ARP n/p

Because you knew the size and the length, Wink

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Terrible service from Eagle Empty Eagle/more

Post  blown473 May 30th 2012, 11:04 pm

ARP was the first place I went, they refused to sell them or even give out the correct part # to order, they stated you must go through Eagle for that bolt as it's is made for just their rod. I would have been happy to buy them from any supplier, I was not trying to get around the WD/Jobber price system, I just needed some new bolts. Up date from today, they admitted they had not shipped a second order UPS, they claimed the set coming back FedX had not arrived yet, even though Fedx's web site said they had, and showed a signature name, they claim Fedx's driver knows the name of their office person and posts stuff as received when it' has not really arrived. We said "Not our problem, and the bolts were supposed to have left last Monday by a different trust worthy carrier, as they had promised" Today they promised to ship them by air with them paying that cost, and again are using Fedx> So far the bolts show being picked up and are in Memphis. I'm off Friday, so I will be sitting home waiting, we will see if there's finally a good ending to this, lets hope so !
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  66prostreetfairlane May 30th 2012, 11:24 pm

well about at 0600 i would be on the front pourch with a beer and semi auto paintball gun. GIVE ME MY STUFF!!! of get sprayed...might even fire a few off after i have signed for the box. I can't stand FedEx at all cost i use ups.
66prostreetfairlane
66prostreetfairlane

https://www.reiautomationsquad.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty May 31st 2012, 12:12 am

Just a stupid question, buy what's wrong with the USPS? Most addresses have this box in the front of their house that these guys deliver to once in a while. Why not use them?????? Suspect
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 May 31st 2012, 8:31 am

Schmitty if companys uses usps they coulldnt over charge for shipping cuz if it fits in one of the three size boxes they give you it cost the same.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 31st 2012, 10:57 am

lghting94 wrote:Schmitty if companys uses usps they coulldnt over charge for shipping cuz if it fits in one of the three size boxes they give you it cost the same.

NOT true ... the cost will vary by weight.
That said, it will only vary a couple dollars not a lot and doesn't matter whether it goes a hundred miles or two thousand...

I ship through USPS a bunch.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 May 31st 2012, 12:58 pm

Mr Malik

What I posted is true except there are apperantly a few more sizes than I thought, I have attached a link to the USPS site as conformation.

https://www.usps.com/send/priority-mail-flat.htm

Thank You

Todd Drake

lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 31st 2012, 1:54 pm

For future reference....EAG20000 is the # for the 2000 bolts. 1.600" under head lenght.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper May 31st 2012, 4:02 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
lghting94 wrote:Schmitty if companys uses usps they coulldnt over charge for shipping cuz if it fits in one of the three size boxes they give you it cost the same.

NOT true ... the cost will vary by weight.
That said, it will only vary a couple dollars not a lot and doesn't matter whether it goes a hundred miles or two thousand...

I ship through USPS a bunch.

We use USPS all the time too. Pricing is usually cheaper for most items unless you have a bulk deal like the bigger companies. As long as it weighs less than 70lbs, if it fits it ships.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 31st 2012, 5:58 pm

lghting94 wrote:Mr Malik

What I posted is true except there are apperantly a few more sizes than I thought, I have attached a link to the USPS site as conformation.

Thank You

Todd Drake

If that's the case, I'm going to have to find out why they are charging me some different total amounts for the same size "flat rate" box.
Maybe insurance is different or delivery confirmation is different or something but, the same size box isn't costing me the same amount every time ... hhmmm scratch
I thought it was the weight but, it must be something else.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 31st 2012, 10:19 pm

i always wanted to get a usps box and fill it with lead,you know....just for fun. Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Terrible service from Eagle Empty eagle/more

Post  blown473 June 2nd 2012, 12:52 am

Lem, thank you for the part # and length, I wrote them down for future reference. The final ending to this crazy deal ended today, as I posted their said they would ship them Fedx air with arrival today, they said I would have to be home to sign for them. So I take the day off work, and wait, and wait, and wait, UPS air deliveres here by 10am, USPS deliveres by 1130am, Fedx finally showed up at close to 3pm, rang my door bell & left the box, I went to the door and the guy was already driving away, I yelled at him, "Don't I need to sign for these?" He said no & drove off. I wasted a day for this ! I will make a crystal clear point from now on, if a company has to use Fedx., I will take my business elsewhere. Nearly 3 weeks to complete a 3 day shipping time is a joke. Sure Eagle didn't do exactly as they said they would either, but Fedx amplified the problem even more with faked delivery attempts & faked return to shipper claims. Glad I have the parts to complete this build and the nightmare is over.... Thanks to all for your input & help, this forum is great!
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH June 2nd 2012, 1:28 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
lghting94 wrote:Mr Malik

Thank You

Todd Drake

If that's the case, I'm going to have to find out why they are charging me some different total amounts for the same size "flat rate" box.
Maybe insurance is different or delivery confirmation is different or something but, the same size box isn't costing me the same amount every time ... hhmmm scratch
I thought it was the weight but, it must be something else.
delivery confirmation cost about 75 cents ., insurance cost drives the price up big time . way more than fedex/ups ins. cost

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next