BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maribel WI Pull

Go down

Maribel WI Pull Empty Maribel WI Pull

Post  TRUKPULR July 1st 2012, 12:51 am

Maribel WI

Well it Seem I must have done something that piss off the Truck Pulling Gods.. As for the last 4 pulls ShaZam hasn't done very well at the pulls .. And today at Maribel they got me again.
I had put a gear in the box that gave me a 23.9 Final before we left home this morning figuring I'd eased it out of the hole and play tractor and slowly feed the throttle to ShaZam to try and keep the tires hooked to the track. Last couple of pulls I'd been running a 24.6 final.
Well it was sunny and we had a light breeze coming across the track so what little water that was getting sprayed on the track was getting dried up as fast as it was getting sprayed on to the track. So they took the diffusers off the water bar and just let the water jet out in a straight stream. This seem to help some but we still needed more water. So after 4 classes of Tractors they went down each side of the track with this really cool water truck with a spray bar mounted on the front bumper. It had about a 10 foot spray path. The track was about 30 feet wide so with him just spaying the outside and the breeze whipping a little bit into the middle it really helped the track come around. So they ran the Stock diesel Class and the Mod Diesel Class and then the 7000 Farm class. The track was just getting really good as the 7000 Farm tractors where having a hard time pulling there normal gears, So I went and changed to a 24.6 final seeing they where having such a hard time with getting up to speed today.

So as I was walking to my truck one of the officials stopped me and told me when they started the Calcutta Action to start lining up the Super Stock Trucks. So I passed the word on to the other pullers. I was the 4th puller in the class today out of 12 trucks.

As they did there Calcutta Auction they pretty much pissed away a good hour where the track was just sitting there drying out. The track crew pretty much had a hour lunch break. When the auction was over they pulled the 9500 tractors off the track and we got scaled up. I had to pull 60 pound out of my weight box and I took ShaZam to the staging area then walked back to the scale as Jake Luther made his run to take my weights back to my trailer.

What I didn't get to see at all as I was getting scaled up was they took the big water truck and made a run down the track after the 9500 tractors left , and made the track a slimy mess. Pat stopped the class after Jake's Truck took a hard left at the 246 mark when it hit a slimmy spot in the track. He had the leveler guy try to mix it in some but for the most part is was not a good track for the first 5 trucks that pulled. And seeing ShaZam was the 4th truck to pull we had a load and unload ride down the track, when it hooked I'd pull 8000 rpm's but when it hit a slimmy spot and it would zing to 8800 we did this four times as I headed down the track I stopped at the 274.53 mark and left the track in 2nd place, When the class was all done I finished the day in 11th out of 12 trucks .. Sucky day…

So hopefully Tuesday night at Gillett is better for ShaZam.

Till then Later

Dan and ShaZam
TRUKPULR
TRUKPULR

http://www.shazampulling.com

Back to top Go down