BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alright ! If I evacuate because of this damn hurricane who's taking me in???

+15
Glenn M.
dr's wife racing
5pointslow
jasonf
maverick
Wheelie58
dfree383
schmitty
cool40
bigblok2000ranger
61coon
QtrWarrior
richter69
bruno
jbozzelle
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alright ! If I evacuate because of this damn hurricane who's taking me in??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alright ! If I evacuate because of this damn hurricane who's taking me in???

Post  5pointslow August 27th 2012, 9:05 am

was it even rebuilt down there yet from katrina ? and now this ....holy shit i feel bad just cant seem to win .

I hope you and your family are safe
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Alright ! If I evacuate because of this damn hurricane who's taking me in??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alright ! If I evacuate because of this damn hurricane who's taking me in???

Post  jasonf August 27th 2012, 9:11 am

The shores of MS have been rebuilt nicely. I'm not to sure about NO. The only place I go there is the French Qtr and it is the same. They are only talking a cat 1 hurricane so that is like a windy storm in LA. Razz
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 27th 2012, 9:20 am

Staying for now. I'm actually about to go to work in a few. Will wait and see what it looks like later today. I usually wait until the last minute to evacuate anyway...

Going to swing by the shop on the way home and pick up the generator and bring it home just in case... I'm all setup to run a good bit of the house from it (all but the AC) if needed.

If the hits the fan I have a boat...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 27th 2012, 9:31 am

jbozzelle wrote:I told Dave I'll bring the booze...

That will get your head cut off hear if you get caught bringing it in !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 27th 2012, 9:34 am

BUZZKILL

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 27th 2012, 9:39 am

Alright ! If I evacuate because of this damn hurricane who's taking me in??? - Page 2 377126_3248743232047_1602094963_n
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 27th 2012, 12:35 pm

Come up we have plenty of room !!!!!! I even know a LSU fan that lives near by.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 27th 2012, 1:17 pm

jbozzelle wrote:BUZZKILL
lol! lol! lol!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn M. August 27th 2012, 2:06 pm

You're always welcome here in VA.
From doing 6 months of disaster relief after Katrina/Rita in Plaquemines Parish, I know how bad a cat 5 can be... Place was flooded and torn up from Port Sulphur to Empire to Venice. Plaquemines Parish slogan was "Hit first, hit worst".
I'm glad this one appears to be more of a cat 1, maybe 2 when it hits.
Best of luck to you and yours.
We've got plenty of beer/liquor up here when you're ready.... cheers drunken

Glenn M.
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 27th 2012, 4:08 pm

John you always have a place to hide here
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 27th 2012, 4:59 pm

you might be better off riding out the hurricane........................ cheers
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 27th 2012, 5:32 pm

I'd be alright. I'd just raid the Coug's stash of parts...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 27th 2012, 6:36 pm

Its all junk anyway......... Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 August 30th 2012, 1:06 am

jbozzelle wrote:I'll buy the booze!

man it look like yall are getting hammered we are getting some of the outer bands with a good bit of rain but nothing like y'all
p
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 30th 2012, 5:36 am

The last thing John posted of Fb was that he lost power Tuesday night around 7pm. He had the house running on the generator and that's it.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 30th 2012, 6:18 am

I hope everyone is safe. We've just been getting a crap load of rain. We did have one thunder storm roll through Tuesday that had to be the worst I have ever seen. The clouds were the blackest I have ever seen and looked almost like they were touching the ground on the way home. And the lighting strikes,"Wow"! There must have been over 100 in less than an hour, and the rain was coming down so hard I couldn't even see my shop in the backyard.

Last edited by Doug Rahn on August 30th 2012, 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 30th 2012, 8:10 am

Doug Rahn wrote:I hope everyone is safe. We've just been getting a crap load of rain. We did have one thunder storm roll through Tuesday that had to be the worst I have ever seen. The clouds were the blackest I have ever seen and looked almost like they were touching the ground on the way home. And the lighting strikes,"Wow"! There must have been over 100 in less than an hour, and the rain was coming down so hard I could even see my shop in the backyard.

sounds like a garden variety T storm in Oklahoma.............. Wink
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 30th 2012, 11:14 am

We're fine. Weathered it real well compared to some surrounding areas. Still on generator but power crews are out working.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 30th 2012, 11:57 am

We have a couple trees down but that is it. A real mess of leaves and stuff blown all over though.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  blown86hallet August 30th 2012, 4:07 pm

come on up to Mi,

I have plenty of prototype turbo's engines you can build and teardown for me here at work!
weather is great this time of year!!!
blown86hallet
blown86hallet

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle August 31st 2012, 9:23 pm

We're fine guys. Some people south, east and west of here got a bunch of water from the storm surge though.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2