BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd

3 posters

Go down

My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd Empty My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd

Post  IcallhimGeorge October 4th 2009, 2:22 pm

Mixed feelings from this past weekend...

As of Thursday night my truck was running better than it ever has. Checked valve adjustment, changed timing, rejetted carb and added jet extensions to the back and changed plugs. Everything was IMHO as good as it could be. Friday I change the oil and afterwards it runs crappy. It keeps developing a miss...both myself and my buddy Johnny are stumped....regardless I was racing Saturday.

The truck ran like crapola but still held its own. I was waaaay outclassed. These guys in Branchville with their pitiful tech experience messed everthing up. They were trying to classify trucks in both engine mods AND tire size. I guess thats what you get for printing unsanctioned rules off the internet and changing them up. Per their rules the only reason I couldnt be in street class (hahah yeah I know) was because I had tires taller than 35", I couldnt get into the Pro-stock class because I had taller than 38" tires and I couldnt run in Super-stock because I didnt have a roll cage and fuel cell. So WTF!

So where do I run? Unlimited Modified with ZERO rules for motor body or tires. Every other truck in my class ran NOS. Remember this....Im going to come back to it.

Here are some pics

Pass 1-
300' in 11sec. Personal all time slow pass but the pit was really nasty.
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 008
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 009
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 010
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 011
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 012

Pass 2-
221' when I shut it down. When in 2nd gear and on the limiter its usually best to stop while you are a head.
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 015
I had a vid but Lauren is moving too much to even see me in the pit. I need to fire my camera girl.

Unlimited Modified was against guys with NOS right? I figured Id run NOS to keep things fair.
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 021

True story...right hand to God....The "tech man" at the starting line asked me how much NOS was I shooting and why didnt I tell him I was when I registered. My reply?....20oz of Juice and Im not stopping until its empty. His reply?....be careful, there are a lot of kids out here.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd Empty Re: My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd

Post  IcallhimGeorge October 4th 2009, 2:34 pm

So my "teammate" (mostly my beer drinking partner who also has a mud truck and we work on them together) doesnt have quite as good of a day.

Its a 77 Dodge Powerwagon with a nothing special 360

On pass 1 he breaks his rear driveshaft. Since we didnt have a spare, we take it out for pass 2. Take that RICERS! FWD mud truck!

Pass 2 ended up baaad.
He broke the knuckle, balljoint, ujoint, inner and outer axle shafts on both sides. My welded carrier held. Very Happy

My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 016
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 017
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 018

And some muddy pics of George on the trailer.
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 019
My mud bog results - Sat Oct 3rd 020
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  pipedobber October 4th 2009, 3:42 pm

Good job and glad nothing broke on you. I know what it's like to run in a screwed up class. I got put into a modified class only because I swapped from a ttb setup to a straight axle 60, even though the rules say "stock style suspension". Chris

pipedobber
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 4th 2009, 3:42 pm

Did you ever find the miss George was having just a guess but it could be one of the new plugs did you try putting the old ones back in I had that to happen one time on old blue it was in one of my new plugs and another time the clip on the one of the plug wires was about to pull off and wasn't making contack good [this just a couple of guesses]
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down