BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killed the trans doing license runs

+5
BB94STANG
manofmerc
whitefield
BUZZ BUZZARD
nuclearcobra
9 posters

Go down

Killed the trans doing license runs Empty Killed the trans doing license runs

Post  nuclearcobra November 14th 2012, 11:11 am

Two weeks ago i wen't to Cecil County Dragway to do my license runs which i did and got my license cheers but in the process i killed my c6,my cars been hitting the 9.9 to 10.0 mark back and forth and the last time i tried for them it would'nt run the number,so this time i put a 125 shot on it and let her rip(52n-52f jet compucar kit) ,well the first pass was a 6.13@112mph to the 1/8th the 2nd pass was a 6.15 @112 with a 1.34 60' , so i got 4 more passes to make 2 to the 1000' mark and the last 2 are the full 1/4 mile runs ,well i had 30 minutes left before they closed the lanes Shocked i,m like we can do this ,so i made my last 4 passes in 30 minutes and the last two full runs it started to flair from 1st to 2nd bad and the very last pass it didn't wanna move after the burn out ,it would rev and jump a little but i finally got it staged and hit it anyway to get my license done, a few days later i tried adjusting the band which was loose but it did'nt help at all it does the same thing after a burnout and i noticed before all this its been nearly impossible to push in reverse when in netural. So im wondering what got fried cluthces,band maybe or all it Laughing would hot lapping it like i did kill it ? or was it on its way out anyway ? O and its a tci c6 street fighter with a tci manuel reverse body i put in it.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Killed the trans doing license runs Empty Re: Killed the trans doing license runs

Post  BUZZ BUZZARD November 14th 2012, 6:14 pm

I had very bad luck with tci valve bodies in my c-6. Tore up the tranny three times untill I took out the new tci transbrake valve body and put in my very old transking pro-brake. I have learned that even a trans with the best stuff in it and built correctly will not survive with a crappy valve body.

BUZZ BUZZARD

Back to top Go down

Killed the trans doing license runs Empty Re: Killed the trans doing license runs

Post  whitefield November 14th 2012, 6:58 pm

BUZZ BUZZARD wrote:I had very bad luck with tci valve bodies in my c-6. Tore up the tranny three times untill I took out the new tci transbrake valve body and put in my very old transking pro-brake. I have learned that even a trans with the best stuff in it and built correctly will not survive with a crappy valve body.

Well said! cheers
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 15th 2012, 8:35 am

Great no wonder then this is the second trans the first one was a good stocker that i put a tci manuel reverse body in and this one is the street fighter trans that i put the same valve body in, but piss on those i just told 10shots last nite i'll take his c6 he has in the sales section Very Happy I can't wait to try this car with a good trans and a custom stalled converter plus i wan't to try the new mafia intake and 1050 dominator i bought , it wasent worth trying the new stuff with the trans and converter this way, i'm excited i bet this things gonna come to life with a killer trans and converter cheers then the two stage kits going on Twisted Evil
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Killed the trans doing license runs Empty burned it up

Post  manofmerc November 19th 2012, 8:11 am

Most likely you killed the band and clutches .Tci probably built that trans with clutch drums that hold five clutches .And it probably had a sufficent band .Like the others said your valve body might not be up to the task.I built up a manual forward pattern valve body for my comet .I used a transgo kit pn 67-3 I think .The 2-3 shift is harder than my other tci valve bodys .Whenever I checked my pressures they were higher with the transgo valvebody than the tci .I dont know if you have a transbrake or not I dont believe so .Why not go through the c6 you have now with a different valve body .Use good clutchs and the widest band you can put in there .The red lining material is really common for clutches and is good and durable .It is avaliable for the band also but maybe you need to talk with someone you might need a kelvar lined band .I cant give an answer on the band lining .The red lining has served me well but your car is quicker than mine .And after much hard work on my part I really love my ati convertor .My times just vary .001-.003 .Consider giving them a call on the trans. also thay have c6 parts but do more powerglide sales than any ford stuff .Where these times on the old slicks I sold you ? Regardless of your trans failure be proud of your license pirat pirat runs you did good be proud!!! How big and what type of cooler do you use hot lapping will get your trans hot without much time to cool it down

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 20th 2012, 9:56 am

No never tried a transbrake yet , and i wanted to rebuild this one myself again (it lasted almost 2 years) Very Happy i really only added the reverse body and took it apart and cleaned everything because it sat outside for months and had rain and sand all splashed in it from every end, and buying this other one it'll have all the good parts to start with, extra clutches,wide band,rollerized,servo, and more, plus its got a transbrake Twisted Evil which i'd love to try and my cars always had a two step in it anyway. And no it wasen't on those slicks,and the cooler is a small one 7-1/2 x 9 , but im putting in a new cooler with fan this time before i put the new trans and new ucc converter in, and thanks on the license Very Happy now i can start playing finally Twisted Evil
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BB94STANG November 22nd 2012, 11:27 pm

Was that my old C6.? Shocked
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon November 23rd 2012, 8:00 pm

BUZZ BUZZARD wrote:I had very bad luck with tci valve bodies in my c-6. Tore up the tranny three times untill I took out the new tci transbrake valve body and put in my very old transking pro-brake. I have learned that even a trans with the best stuff in it and built correctly will not survive with a crappy valve body.

IMO,a TransKing TB/VB is better tan a TCI to begin with. Ran one w/o problems for 12 yrs.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 23rd 2012, 8:34 pm

I run an old Transking in the c4, thing shifts awesome, even when it was behind the 529.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 26th 2012, 7:52 am

BB94STANG wrote:Was that my old C6.? Shocked
No Brandon not yours ,the one we picked up from you is in my buddys mustang which its down to running wires now and putting in his lexan windshield thank god Shocked its been a lot of work and now my buddy knows why its not a couple month project to just slap a car toghether and go racing, i did every inch of it myself starting from a bare shell except the rear which he helped me put it in when he first got it.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BB94STANG November 26th 2012, 10:38 pm

Very Happy damn man it has been almost 2 years! Put that thing in your car and run the crap outta it.
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra November 27th 2012, 7:44 am

O trust me its crossed my mind Laughing
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  2fox January 19th 2013, 10:59 pm

richter69 wrote:I run an old Transking in the c4, thing shifts awesome, even when it was behind the 529.
hello Richer69. You run a C4 with your BBF stroker .look at my trans post in transmission area. Please go there and give me your thoughts. Everything you need to know is that that post. Thank R69.

2fox

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 19th 2013, 11:06 pm

c4 is in the sb car, bb car has a glide....
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  67460 January 28th 2013, 8:17 pm

whitefield wrote:

Well said! cheers

X's 2

Frank has a fix for the tci valve bodies, I wrecked my trans trice with tci, then I got 1 from Frank Merk and no more problems.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down