BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheelie Bars

4 posters

Go down

Wheelie Bars Empty Wheelie Bars

Post  Moodyblues December 20th 2012, 12:17 pm

I have a set of 68" chrome moly ART PRO wheelie bars and I dont have the two top bars. I have to buy the tubing, clevises etc for them. What length tubing should I purchase 68"????

I know this should be in the chassis section but just wanted a quick answer from the experts! cherry
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Wheelie Bars Empty Re: Wheelie Bars

Post  maverick December 20th 2012, 2:38 pm

Call A.R.T. at 800-571-3023. They'll have the measurements, the tubing, and any other parts you'll need. Ask for Corky. There's damn little he doesn't know about a racecar. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 20th 2012, 2:46 pm

maverick wrote:Call A.R.T. at 800-571-3023. They'll have the measurements, the tubing, and any other parts you'll need. Ask for Corky. There's damn little he doesn't know about a racecar. Cool

Thanks. I called up there and talked to somebody and they acted like they did not want to talk to me. I felt like this guy just wanted me to buy a new set. Heck, I will buy the parts from them if they tell me exactly what I need.

Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 20th 2012, 2:57 pm

Won't the top bar length depend on the height you want them off the ground? Set the bars at your desired height, stick a tape on there and measure a few inches extra is what I'd do... Them measue the distance between the two tube adapters once you mock that up to determine the final top tube length

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick December 20th 2012, 5:12 pm

Moodyblues wrote:
maverick wrote:Call A.R.T. at 800-571-3023. They'll have the measurements, the tubing, and any other parts you'll need. Ask for Corky. There's damn little he doesn't know about a racecar. Cool

Thanks. I called up there and talked to somebody and they acted like they did not want to talk to me. I felt like this guy just wanted me to buy a new set. Heck, I will buy the parts from them if they tell me exactly what I need.

Must not have talked to Corky.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 21st 2012, 12:21 am

The length needed for the top bars will partly depend on the lenght of the bottom bars, how the bottom bars mount to the housing, & how high off the ground their adjustable height range will be. Best bet is to mock-up the bottom bars with everything at desired ride height (car & w/bar wheels), then decide where the top mounts will go, then measure the length needed from top mounts to wheel brackets. Easiest way to decide what OD tubing to get for the top bars is to just use whatever OD tubing the kit already uses for the bottom bars if it's an all round tubing set.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 21st 2012, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the replies fellas. I will use it and definitely give Corky a call.
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down