BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia intake ?

+18
FalconEh
DILLIGASDAVE
Albert Clark
dfree383
Gary Blair
BigRigTech
windsor
gmsmkr
738drvr
schmitty
Lem Evans
HorsinAround
quikmule84
rmcomprandy
61coon
IDT-572
richter69
whitefield
22 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Mafia intake ? - Page 4 Empty Re: Mafia intake ?

Post  BOSS 429 January 22nd 2016, 7:35 pm

Gary Blair wrote:
Albert Clark wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Ok Gary here is what you want to hear........... Nothing, zero, zilch, probably unperceivable at the track.

So that must mean the Mafia was a waste of time and effort and the Victor is the time honored king of intakes.

Probably best to even go back to the Weiand tunnel ram. But only if you run the A429s with it.  There is nothing to compare to them, they all run within .05 of a second.

I wouldn't know.

I was asking you the question.

Up yours Gary Blair  what have you done and I mean in this century, not back in the 70's.  today is a different Story I bet you built a Rochester 2 bbl 283 that made 1000 hp too  with a set of twice humped heads huh?

Up Yours Truly  Albert

Hi Albert, I thought you had retired. Still only got 27 posts I see. Are you still using a file and a ball peen to build motors. Laughing

-------------------------------

Gary, how about this. find 1 of each manifold untouched, must be 4500 dom pad. I'll take both to the track. run them both on the same car the same day. I will cover gasket cost,and my time as well as track time and cost.

we will try them out on my latest dove head engine?

-R
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair January 24th 2016, 9:36 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
Albert Clark wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
IDT-572 wrote:Ok Gary here is what you want to hear........... Nothing, zero, zilch, probably unperceivable at the track.

So that must mean the Mafia was a waste of time and effort and the Victor is the time honored king of intakes.

Probably best to even go back to the Weiand tunnel ram. But only if you run the A429s with it.  There is nothing to compare to them, they all run within .05 of a second.

I wouldn't know.

Up yours Gary Blair  what have you done and I mean in this century, not back in the 70's.  today is a different Story I bet you built a Rochester 2 bbl 283 that made 1000 hp too  with a set of twice humped heads huh?

Up Yours Truly  Albert

Hi Albert, I thought you had retired. Still only got 27 posts I see. Are you still using a file and a ball peen to build motors. Laughing

Gary, how about this.  find 1 of each manifold untouched, must be 4500 dom pad. I'll take both to the track. run them both on the same car the same day.  I will cover gasket cost,and my time as well as track time  and cost.

we will try them out on my latest dove head  engine?

-R

I have an offer to borrow a TFS intake. Not sure I'm going to test it on the 532. I'll let you know.
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT January 24th 2016, 11:52 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:
Albert Clark wrote:
Gary Blair wrote:

I wouldn't know.

Up Yours Truly  Albert

Gary, how about this.  find 1 of each manifold untouched, must be 4500 dom pad. I'll take both to the track. run them both on the same car the same day.  I will cover gasket cost,and my time as well as track time  and cost.

we will try them out on my latest dove head  engine?

-R

Rich, can you include the Track Heat in your test too?
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield January 24th 2016, 12:22 pm

Here is what I have a question about . Which intake is going to run the best on a big bore short stroke and make power all of the way to 8500 rpm with a single carb ?

whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 24th 2016, 12:45 pm

whitefield wrote:Here is what I have a question about .  Which intake is going to run the best on a big bore short stroke and make power all of the way to 8500 rpm with a single carb ?

A  much modified Victor similar to Blake's "short" runner manifold.  If you really care about that RPM level then a $1,000.00 is worth the money to have one modified.

I am sure that a "Mafia" manifold can be modified the same way.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 January 24th 2016, 12:52 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
whitefield wrote:Here is what I have a question about .  Which intake is going to run the best on a big bore short stroke and make power all of the way to 8500 rpm with a single carb ?

A  much modified Victor similar to Blake's "short" runner manifold.  If you really care about that RPM level then a $1,000.00 is worth the money to have one modified.

$1000 is a deal compared to what some folks pay for very little. IMO Smile
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT January 24th 2016, 12:57 pm

http://nebula.wsimg.com/5b3eec3a24461b944663a2394d66c5f9?AccessKeyId=1E1FE204AA802F414770&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

This Keith Fulp modified intake is interesting. I would like to see this one tested too.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 24th 2016, 12:57 pm

What do you consider a short stroke?

Peak power at 8,500 rpm or the engine not be completely on it's ass at 8,500 rpm?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Blair January 24th 2016, 12:59 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Agree with Randy.
Gary Blair
Gary Blair

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 24th 2016, 4:06 pm

Rich, can you include the Track Heat in your test too?[/quote

boy tryin to get 3 switched out in one day ,and trying to get 3 passes in for each might be tuff in one day ?

need time to get eng temp under control as well. wouldn't be opposed to trying
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 24th 2016, 4:07 pm

a tunnel ram
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield January 24th 2016, 11:28 pm

Lem Evans wrote:

Peak power at 8,500 rpm or the engine not be completely on it's ass at 8,500 rpm?

Stock 3.85 stroke 6.605 rod. I should have worded it different .
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield January 24th 2016, 11:28 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:

a tunnel ram

Thanks
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 25th 2016, 8:44 pm

whitefield wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Stock 3.85  stroke 6.605 rod. I should have worded it different .

The down side of a 3.85" stroke and a 6.605" ctc rod is the long and relatively heavy piston.

Intake manifolds are tuned for a given rpm range and have no idea what the bore size is.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 25th 2016, 10:44 pm

A sheet metal tunnel ram.......
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 January 25th 2016, 10:46 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
whitefield wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:

Stock 3.85  stroke 6.605 rod. I should have worded it different .

The down side of a 3.85" stroke and a 6.605" ctc rod is the long and relatively heavy piston.

Intake manifolds are tuned for a given rpm range and have no idea what the bore size is.

X2 the waves only know volumn and distance
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4