BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got my chassis certified today.

+5
Nevs
Old blue Racin Team
bruno
72mav
Doug Rahn
9 posters

Go down

Got my chassis certified today. Empty Got my chassis certified today.

Post  Doug Rahn August 8th 2009, 11:08 am

Certified to 8.50 only though Crying or Very sad . The CM tubing I used between the frame rails on the bottom is a little thicker than required and to the inspector it read like mild steel that wasn't thick enough. The sticker is good for 3 years, so before it expires I'll go back and cut all of it out and use the thinner stuff Rolling Eyes . In the mean time we're going racing as is.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/228081

Back to top Go down

Got my chassis certified today. Empty Re: Got my chassis certified today.

Post  72mav August 8th 2009, 11:36 am

WTF.
Too bad they charge ya for it. If not for that, Id take it somewhere else to have it inspected. That is bull-shit. You wouldnt take chances anyway. You being a aircraft guy, isn't there isnt a way of looking at the microstructure to see if its CM or not? X-ray??
Hell, SFI specs state you can go thicker wall in you want. The posted spec is just a minimum. Its right in the book. I'd would have told him that.
Thats the problem with some of theese tech guys ! Interpritations! Mad Rolling Eyes Some of them think TOOOOO much and it clouds their thinking.DUMBASS'S

Sorry for your trouble Doug. Obviously you wouldnt want me around then No Razz
Let me at em!
P.S. Welcome aboard our new ship here. Im done.
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 8th 2009, 11:54 am

like you said atleast you can go racing .... but remember its all for safety Very Happy

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 8th 2009, 12:04 pm

My thoughts exactly Al. I told him right off the bat that the main part of the cage is mild steel, the funny car upgrade is CM and that the tubing on the bottom between the frame rails is CM. I started to ask him how does he know that I used CM for the funny car upgrade, but I didn't push it and kept my mouth shut. He said he has a kit to test for CM or MS but didn't bring it with him Rolling Eyes .
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Old blue Racin Team August 8th 2009, 2:25 pm

Well atleast you can go raicn for now
Old blue Racin Team
Old blue Racin Team

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav August 8th 2009, 7:11 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:My thoughts exactly Al. I told him right off the bat that the main part of the cage is mild steel, the funny car upgrade is CM and that the tubing on the bottom between the frame rails is CM. I started to ask him how does he know that I used CM for the funny car upgrade, but I didn't push it and kept my mouth shut. He said he has a kit to test for CM or MS but didn't bring it with him Rolling Eyes .

What a JERK-OFF Doug. Id call the Division Tech Director and tell him what happened.
I would assume you belong to NHRA? For what they charge a year, Id persue it. The guy didnt do his job, plain and simple. Good luck.
Regards.
Al
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 9th 2009, 10:12 am

I almost forgot about a big part of this deal, thank you Mike Stevens (aKa Quarter Warrior, aka Mr. Gulfstream II) cheers I own you big time king !
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 9th 2009, 3:45 pm

Al Martin wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:My thoughts exactly Al. I told him right off the bat that the main part of the cage is mild steel, the funny car upgrade is CM and that the tubing on the bottom between the frame rails is CM. I started to ask him how does he know that I used CM for the funny car upgrade, but I didn't push it and kept my mouth shut. He said he has a kit to test for CM or MS but didn't bring it with him Rolling Eyes .

What a JERK-OFF Doug. Id call the Division Tech Director and tell him what happened.
I would assume you belong to NHRA? For what they charge a year, Id persue it. The guy didnt do his job, plain and simple. Good luck.
Regards.
Al

X2 what Al said. I'd go over his head. No way I'd settle for the 8.50 cert. given what you have built. JMHO Exclamation
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 9th 2009, 7:18 pm

X3 take it to the Top !!! Fight the Power !!!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Northwest outlaw August 19th 2009, 4:28 pm

man i been sleeping yea he should had his kit to test the CM tube i would call and have them recert it for free.
Northwest outlaw
Northwest outlaw

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea August 19th 2009, 4:41 pm

Doug Rahn wrote:I almost forgot about a big part of this deal, thank you Mike Stevens (aKa Quarter Warrior, aka Mr. Gulfstream II) cheers I own you big time king !

You OWN Mike? What did that cost? Do you rent him out for weekends when he's not driving your car? Razz

I agree with the other guys, have them recertify it the correct way and for 7.50
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 21st 2009, 9:13 am

Phantasea466 wrote:
Doug Rahn wrote:I almost forgot about a big part of this deal, thank you Mike Stevens (aKa Quarter Warrior, aka Mr. Gulfstream II) cheers I own you big time king !

You OWN Mike? What did that cost? Do you rent him out for weekends when he's not driving your car? Razz

I agree with the other guys, have them recertify it the correct way and for 7.50

Certification sticker was $150, Inspection fee was $30, and his travel fee was $ .58 a mile round trip. Mike paid the bill, so I could pay him back a little at a time. You can't find a better friend than that. I did pay the travel fee though.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 23rd 2009, 8:37 am

Anytime Douglas Cool
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 23rd 2009, 8:53 am

D. Sea wrote:

LOL Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I just realized my error. I owe Mike big time. I've had so much on my mind lately, so I'm a little slow on the update.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior August 23rd 2009, 8:56 am

D. Sea wrote:

Read right over it and missed it too...
Damon, next time I see you...I'm gonna beat you with a Caaaaarn Stalk... Laughing
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 23rd 2009, 8:59 am

QtrWarrior wrote:
D. Sea wrote:

Read right over it and missed it too...
Damon, next time I see you...I'm gonna beat you with a Caaaaarn Stalk... Laughing

From the field at the end of Windy Hollow tongue Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Doug Rahn August 23rd 2009, 9:08 am

Oh, and I almost forgot, I still haven't gotten and answer from the NHRA Tech Director. I guess they don't give a rats ass, I'm about done with NHRA, my renewal is due and I'm seriously considering not sending it in.
Doug Rahn
Doug Rahn
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down