BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race

+2
5pointslow
rmcomprandy
6 posters

Go down

NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race Empty NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race

Post  rmcomprandy September 16th 2013, 9:38 am

The advertisers have spoken
Just another small reason why drag racing is suffering a major downturn. It is just not popular with the public.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race Empty Re: NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race

Post  5pointslow September 16th 2013, 9:57 am

yep

little league games , soccer ........now nascar

was at hot rod reunion this weekend and was talking to old time funny car driver Bob larson (camaro USA 1)

he was talking about how its a damn shame how things are now , and that drag racing back in the 70s to now is night and day , if it cant be done on a computer or cell phone now a says he said no wants to bother with it

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race Empty Re: NHRA Drag Racing gets preempted by NASCAR rain-out race

Post  Curt September 17th 2013, 6:51 pm

The problem is, ESPN buys the rights so that they can broadcast NASCAR, LLWS, NCAA sports, Wimbledon, etc., etc., etc. NHRA decided that it wanted all of the rights to their racing and they are not for sale. ESPN sells NHRA as a filler. Kind of like a infomercial. Since they (ESPN) don't have exclusive rights to the broadcast, they don't care if it airs or not.

If you're going to be mad at anyone, it should be the idiots in Glendora. They are the ones that are killing any chances of getting new competitors that will keep the sport alive. They can blame it on a lot of things, but back in the good old days, it was on one of the big 3 every time there was a race.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  plowboy34 September 17th 2013, 8:37 pm

I will admit I am a NASCAR fan along with drag racing but what I thought was crazy is they moved the NASCAR race to ESPN2 and moved NHRA to ESPN news. Why didn't they just put the NASCAR race on ESPN news and leave NHRA where it was. They moved two things instead of just moving one. Didn't make any sense to me, but I am just a dumb dirt farmer like Schmitty.....scratch 

plowboy34

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 17th 2013, 9:32 pm

Laughing 
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  airford1 September 17th 2013, 9:57 pm

NHRA is the same cast of cars EVERY program. It is like watching WWE. They need to change the game to make it more interesting and the boys in Glendora are selling whatever they can. NHRA is afraid of losing the TV money now.
airford1
airford1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down