BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What class should I be looking at.

5 posters

Go down

What class should I be looking at. Empty What class should I be looking at.

Post  79Puller January 17th 2014, 9:47 pm

Getting into drag racing a little and looking for rules to which class I should be in and cant seem to find any. I have a 66 Fairlane with a 521 with 2 fours, auto trans C6 ( does have brake ) narrowed and tubed rearend with 29in tires. Car is caged also but is a pro-street and is street driven. Just wondering where I should be looking for rules and what they should be. Thanks and again I am new to this so any help would be great.

79Puller

Back to top Go down

What class should I be looking at. Empty Re: What class should I be looking at.

Post  69bluehotrod January 17th 2014, 11:04 pm

Depends on track, if you have "no box" or "foot brake" deal @ your local track those are usually a good starting point, that being said welcome to the dark side brotha!!! Twisted Evil 
69bluehotrod
69bluehotrod
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

http://rainbowvacuumsalesservice.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE January 18th 2014, 5:11 am

Yup, that does depend on the track, and what kinda racing you want to do. If you're looking at weekend bracket racing, what type classes are pretty much up to the individual tracks. The most obvious choices are as mentioned the "pick your own dial-in" deals like no-electronics/foot brake classes & and the electronics/box classes. Then there are the bracket classes where a designated index/dial-in is assigned to everyone in that bracket class (like the 7.0, 6.0, 5.0, & 4.70 classes). In bracket racing the rules are simple & more focused on safety & box vs foot brake. Engine size, weight, power adder, tire size, chassis type, (etc, etc) usually really don't matter in B/R rules most of the time.

If your shooting for one of the different assorted "fastest/first one there wins" type weekend racing (instead of bracket racing), that will still depend on what class/circuit any given track has setup to run. And the rules will most likely be a lot more involved since your car will not only have to pass both track & class/circuit safety rules, but also whatever engine size, weight, power adder, tire size, chassis (etc, etc, etc) rules they might impose on the class.

Best bet is to contact your local track/tracks and find out what different classes they run, and get the rule info for each class to see what your car might fit into.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  79Puller January 18th 2014, 11:21 am

Will do guys, thanks for the advice.

79Puller

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave C. January 18th 2014, 12:19 pm

Pics required!!  bounce 

Dave C.

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 18th 2014, 1:26 pm

This is just my opinion . If this is your first attempt at DR,and w/new car,i would start out just going to the local TnT and foot braking the car for a few weekends just to get you familiar w/car and track.Then,IF you have a Transbrake,start trying to cut a good light w/it. Some tracks do not allow transbrakes in the ( PRO )class. Decide which style of leaving the line first fits your fancy. IF you like the transbrake style you will probably like (SuperPro).That class will require you to have a Delay box to be competitive in most cases because it will allow you to dialin your reaction time . IF you install a delay box,you will not be allowed to race in the footbrake class. Then there are the headsup classes that leave on a .400 tree,that style is a little more tricky because after you and your opponent have both completed staging,the green will come on very quickly .

Have fun Very Happy 

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  79Puller January 18th 2014, 3:40 pm

Little slpw with the computer stuff dont know how to do pics

79Puller

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down