BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCJ BAD NEWS!!!!!..... HELP.

+8
rmcomprandy
Lem Evans
BOSS 429
Larry T
c.evans
DJOHAGIN
chuck_b24
Tennessee Bullitt
12 posters

Go down

SCJ BAD NEWS!!!!!..... HELP. Empty SCJ BAD NEWS!!!!!..... HELP.

Post  Tennessee Bullitt November 9th 2009, 10:06 pm

I was looking over my SCJ heads I got from Lem and I noticed a slight problem. I found where 2 valve cover bolt holes where drilled into the intake runners, I didn't think that was a bad problem, then futher upon inspection I also foun 2 intake runners just below the rocker arm stud had a hole in the casting, Has anyone else seen this on these heads? Both heads are like this. Could someone explain this for me?
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

SCJ BAD NEWS!!!!!..... HELP. Empty Re: SCJ BAD NEWS!!!!!..... HELP.

Post  chuck_b24 November 9th 2009, 10:11 pm

dont worry thats how they are!!!!! use a little sealent!! LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuck_b24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt November 9th 2009, 10:19 pm

What kind of sealant would I use? Is it just dead space between the top of the runner and the rocker arm stud?
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN November 9th 2009, 10:33 pm

Tennessee Bullitt wrote:Yea come to NMRA at Bowling Green to see this street car. Justin will gadly show you his Maryland tags and insurance and still kick the shit out of your scrap pile.

Justin didn't know about the holes? You didn't about the holes?

MMM. OK.

LOL.

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 9th 2009, 10:51 pm

That ain't no Bad News,,,,,they ALL come that way. You'll see it with A-429 heads, CJ heads, Edelbrock heads, Blue Thunder heads and the list goes on. Where have you been? Rolling Eyes Don't worry, be happy Exclamation Very Happy

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt November 9th 2009, 10:55 pm

Oh yea, all smart ass wipes run their mouth after they stuck their tail between their legs like a yellow dog. scratch I did not see you there or hear fom you before BG.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN November 9th 2009, 11:11 pm

Tennessee Bullitt wrote:Oh yea, all smart ass wipes run their mouth after they stuck their tail between their legs like a yellow dog. scratch I did not see you there or hear fom you before BG.

LOL.

Well, maybe we're before BG. Yellow dog, huh? LOL. We'll see. You still haven't learned have you?

Peace. Twisted Evil

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T November 9th 2009, 11:30 pm

Coping an attitude with out trying to understand how things are machined in the world today will not get you anywere here pal!you PISS people off here and you wont have a leg to PISS on when you have a "REAL PROBLEM" yellow dog!
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 November 10th 2009, 1:39 am

yes all cj/scj stock heads are the same way with valve cover bolts protrude in intake ports,this is not a problem
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans November 10th 2009, 10:08 am

Tennessee Bullitt wrote:What kind of sealant would I use? Is it just dead space between the top of the runner and the rocker arm stud?
The SCJs that I have removed the studs from appear to have been install with loctite which is a great sealer . The TFS A460 are the same way.....ported heads with have more "hole" yet . The air/fuel does not seem to care .

Last edited by Lem Evans on November 10th 2009, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt November 10th 2009, 10:24 am

Well I appericate that guys, remember that I only was building modular motors before I jump ship to the big block. Anytime a 2V cylinder head had a hole in it, it was no good. I guess anyone who doesen't know that the SCJ heads are built like that won't know till they ask any way. It looks like when someone ports too close to a water jacket and makes the metal so thin it breakes into it. That is what I was worried about. There was a few bad proudcts that was around for the modular motors, It was all just a bad run of the mill.

As for you Larry, if I had gotten an attitude Lem would have been the first to hear it, FYI for you Dave's remark goes back a while so until both of you pole smokers made your remarks there was not a problem.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 10th 2009, 10:45 am

It's really simple to just use valve cover studs in those upper holes.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea November 10th 2009, 4:15 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:It's really simple to just use valve cover studs in those upper holes.

That's what I did with my A429's. I loctited the studs even with the intake ports.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  DJOHAGIN November 10th 2009, 6:57 pm

Tennessee Bullitt wrote:Well I appericate that guys, remember that I only was building modular motors before I jump ship to the big block. Anytime a 2V cylinder head had a hole in it, it was no good. I guess anyone who doesen't know that the SCJ heads are built like that won't know till they ask any way. It looks like when someone ports too close to a water jacket and makes the metal so thin it breakes into it. That is what I was worried about. There was a few bad proudcts that was around for the modular motors, It was all just a bad run of the mill.

As for you Larry, if I had gotten an attitude Lem would have been the first to hear it, FYI for you Dave's remark goes back a while so until both of you pole smokers made your remarks there was not a problem.

This is what I mean when I said you haven't learned, so let me spell it out for you so you will stop.

You're bs'ing.

I called you on the carpet for it once, as others have, and you immediately jump on the name calling game. I know I don't sugar coat things for you, but the truth is the truth. I do not have a problem with you, just with your bs'ing.

For future reference, when you purchase something, and you think there is a problem with it, correspond with the seller first before jumping on the internet. That is proper etiquette.

Dave

DJOHAGIN

Back to top Go down

Post  Tennessee Bullitt November 10th 2009, 9:09 pm

No I asked here first to see if I was wrong, which I was. Last I checked that was legit question. No only was I wrong but others helped me with making sure the heads are sealed.
Tennessee Bullitt
Tennessee Bullitt

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T November 10th 2009, 10:11 pm

[quote=

As for you Larry, if I had gotten an attitude Lem would have been the first to hear it, FYI for you Dave's remark goes back a while so until both of you pole smokers made your remarks there was not a problem.[/quote]

This is what I mean when I said you haven't learned, so let me spell it out for you so you will stop.

You're bs'ing.

I called you on the carpet for it once, as others have, and you immediately jump on the name calling game. I know I don't sugar coat things for you, but the truth is the truth. I do not have a problem with you, just with your bs'ing.

For future reference, when you purchase something, and you think there is a problem with it, correspond with the seller first before jumping on the internet. That is proper etiquette.

Dave[/quote]

X2 dave!
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 November 10th 2009, 10:54 pm

Maybe changing the title????? Looks more like mad rant rather than a question.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  GTmustang November 15th 2009, 4:20 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:It's really simple to just use valve cover studs in those upper holes.
Yes Randy, after you told me about this when we dynoed my engine I installed v/c studs in mine! No vacuum leaks with studs.
Gary

GTmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

SCJ BAD NEWS!!!!!..... HELP. Empty Head holes

Post  blown473 November 15th 2009, 9:36 pm

All post are correct, in fact Ford motor co had a service bulliten about vacuum leaks from loose or missing valve cover bolts etc. All the factory castings were that way because of port size.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down