BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

question... what chassis do you like for mud racing

5 posters

Go down

question... what chassis do you like for mud racing Empty question... what chassis do you like for mud racing

Post  racinghabbit September 1st 2014, 11:44 pm

I am in the process of building a new mud truck for the super stock class... i have a motor trans and axles... and i'm a bigger guy.. just wondering what you guys like to use for a chassis... f150, bronco, rangers what years?
racinghabbit
racinghabbit

Back to top Go down

question... what chassis do you like for mud racing Empty Re: question... what chassis do you like for mud racing

Post  kjett September 2nd 2014, 7:41 am

I'm a bigger guy too and I fit in a standard cab ranger. Just a little fyi the factory wheelbase of a 79 f-150 short bed is right about the same as a late 80's standard cab long be ranger Twisted Evil
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

question... what chassis do you like for mud racing Empty Re: question... what chassis do you like for mud racing

Post  lghting94 September 2nd 2014, 8:41 am

I always had the best luck with the 78-9 F-150 short bed chassis', with this chassis you get the solid front axle with a basic 3-link front suspension and a lighter chassis than an f-250 or 350 and depnding on rules alot can be done to make the rear suspension work. We had some issues with broncos being a little to short of wheelbase on fast tracks(which is all I ran). You can adapt any body you wish onto that chassis if rules allow.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  557ranger September 2nd 2014, 12:44 pm

I used a mid 80's Toyota frame nice and light and fully boxed.
557ranger
557ranger

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty September 2nd 2014, 10:06 pm

Ranger body on 89 F150 frame.  Ranger body with full width axles means tires are wider than the body and mud doesn't collect under body and add weight.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  kjett September 3rd 2014, 8:36 am

schmitty wrote:Ranger body on 89 F150 frame.  Ranger body with full width axles means tires are wider than the body and mud doesn't collect under body and add weight.

Nobody wants to hear about your ranger on a 150 frame.... Suspect

Oh wait, I've got the same. jocolor
kjett
kjett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down