BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a carb builder

5 posters

Go down

Need a carb builder Empty Need a carb builder

Post  tconnection September 30th 2014, 10:13 pm

Can someone help me figure out whether this is oil or gas? I really cant tell what it is. Im wondering if I need my carb spec'ed to my motor.
Need a carb builder HPIM0628_zps23f4bcdf
Thanks

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Need a carb builder Empty Re: Need a carb builder

Post  FalconEh September 30th 2014, 10:46 pm

tconnection wrote:Can someone help me figure out whether this is oil or gas? I really cant tell what it is. Im wondering if I need my carb spec'ed to my motor.
Need a carb builder HPIM0628_zps23f4bcdf
Thanks

My Guess is a tick rich, the fact you are looking at these ports and the minimal run build up says you are on top of the tune so if you want to pay to spec the carb...it's OK. if you want to tune it even better, follow the signs...when the valve opens you have some burn but It will equalize and fill the ridges of the porting (fine Lines), if you want to prevent any build*up polish the runners, it will always accumulate on the hard bends (will leave mixture debris behind), how have you run it ?...is this shutting down through top end, or idiling in the garage Question Follow the signs or pay for the answer, It won't look like it did when you assembled it (plus extra oil too) forever, but if you follow it and giver what she wants she will be Happy! JMO
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection October 1st 2014, 5:58 am

I havent ran nor drove ir yet. Im getting smoke out of the pass side. How do I lean that side?
Thanks

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh October 2nd 2014, 10:16 am

If you haven't dyno'd the motor yet this would be a good time I wouldn't lean anything out yet until you have a safe baseline. How much smoke are you getting from the passenger side?. Is it assembly oil in the cylinders...find the source of the smoke, is it blue/grey or white smoke? What are you using for crankcase ventilation? Have you looked at the plugs on that side?
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection October 2nd 2014, 11:00 pm

Well first off I using low tension oil rings, and one electric vac pump. Its blueish and smells strong. Im using a good oil control pan. it use to do it pretty bad but its gotten a good bit better. And this is all at idle. Im only got a crane HI-6 hooked up. What do you think?

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  bbfstanger October 2nd 2014, 11:07 pm

is it me or is that oil puddled up on the back of the valve?

bbfstanger

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh October 2nd 2014, 11:10 pm

tconnection wrote:Well first off I using low tension oil rings, and one electric vac pump. Its blueish and smells strong. Im using a good oil control pan. it use to do it pretty bad but its gotten a good bit better. And this is all at idle. Im only got a crane HI-6 hooked up. What do you think?

I think its break in oil, the setup is solid, and you will be paying attention to everything...more cautious than most, but I will be the last guy to fault you for that. Bring it up to operating temperature rev it slightly (be Careful the front pump on the trans does not like free-wheeling) listen to what she likes and how the pedal feels, the motor is new and you are new to the motor but you are going to get to know each other. cheers
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  jones October 3rd 2014, 9:10 am

You have a big puddle of something on top of the valve.

jones

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection October 3rd 2014, 11:01 am

And if you look at it close it looks like it has two parts to it.. Ive been cranking it for a while now. Ive changed the I know 5 times. Mainly cause the intake has been off 5 times. I started draining the water before a intake job to save the oil. The intake was bad and now im wondering about the heads. Or the carb. This is a qft 1250. What jets come in these things? I can call qf.
Thanks for putting up with me.

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection October 3rd 2014, 11:03 am

I ment changed the oil 5 times.

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 3rd 2014, 11:32 am

get the brakes fixed and run it a little carry it to Douglas track and make some easy hits with it see if it clears up they having tnt in 2 weeks from tomorrow might carry mine and make a couple easy hits to see if the track will hook then turn it loose and see what it will run.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  tconnection October 3rd 2014, 12:52 pm

yea I think thats what I need to do. I got the brakes hooked up but now would like to have a antiroll bar and some 3 1/2 or 4in rims and tires. If you run cross some, hit me up. What date are you gonna be at Douglas track?

tconnection

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 October 4th 2014, 8:06 pm

Thinking about the 18th with is 2 weeks from today
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content