BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts

5 posters

Go down

Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts Empty Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts

Post  oneemtb October 5th 2014, 11:32 pm

Hi folks, I have a 71 F-100 and just got a 06 crown vic front suspension. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any motor mounts that will fit my 460 to this suspension or am I going to have to fab them? I haven't installed the suspension yet but plan on starting the next day or so. If I am not going to be able to use my BBF I will go another route. I really wanted the R&P steering and the disc brakes. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

oneemtb

http://oneemtb@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts Empty Re: Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts

Post  maverick October 6th 2014, 10:16 am

If you're a decent fabricator, you can put a 460 in a Radio Flyer. For something this custom, if it was me, I wouldn't even look for mounts. I figure I'd spend less time and money than I'd spend searching, buying, modifying.....and I'd wind up with EXACTLY what I want instead of somebody else's compromise. Just my .02.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts Empty Re: Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts

Post  yellowhorse7 October 6th 2014, 11:04 am

oneemtb wrote:Hi folks, I have a 71 F-100 and just got a 06 crown vic front suspension. Does anyone have any ideas or know of any motor mounts that will fit my 460 to this suspension or am I going to have to fab them? I haven't installed the suspension yet but plan on starting the next day or so. If I am not going to be able to use my BBF I will go another route. I really wanted the R&P steering and the disc brakes. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

IMO your easiest route would be a motor plate with strut rods. The trade off would be a "stiffer" ride but thats really it. This way you can put it where you want it.
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 October 6th 2014, 12:44 pm

There are a bunch of videos on youtube.

just go to youtube videos and put in  F-100  with 06 crown vic front suspension conversion.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Crown vic suspension and BBF Motor Mounts Empty You tube videoa

Post  oneemtb October 7th 2014, 12:09 am

I've watched the videos on you tube, they don't show anyone putting a big block in anything. I was looking at everything today. I will probably end up making my own. Unless someone can come up with a better solution. Thanks for the help!

oneemtb

http://oneemtb@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE October 7th 2014, 4:13 am

If it's a race only deal just go the normal motor plate + mid plate + for/aft travel limiters route. If it's a street car & you don't want the vibration with plate mounts just use the street rod type rubber/urethane bushings & fab up some side mounts.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down