BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Victor manifold copy

+16
68formalGT
Lem Evans
Barney
rmcomprandy
IDT-572
FalconEh
Carl
kim
460pulling
cool40
the Coug
Gregaust
richter69
dfree383
bbf-falcon
BigBlockRanger
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Interesting Victor manifold copy - Page 3 Empty Re: Interesting Victor manifold copy

Post  kim October 25th 2014, 11:41 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Answer this Question gentlemen Exclamation If the wife asks you too get her ( Gucci )pocket book for Christmas,and she gives you the choice of a real one for $600 or a Knockoff identicle one for $40,which one are you gonna get her? Now ,lets see who the iodiots are . I know where my $$$$will be spent.

If your real smart you buy her a new bedroom suite,  a new car...  anything else but a damn designer hand bag.  You think race car shit is bad....   I've got a closet  or l should say the wife has a closet that at last count/estimate has in excess of 80,000 in coach designer crap....  they come out with new color and or pattern every 1/4.   Of course now coach is no longer the thing....  some other designer bag.    The ultimate hilarity is most of the bags are still in the silk bag they ship in and or original box.  Never opened or used.    Im thinking of opening a craiglist sale of coach bags.....

kim

Back to top Go down

Interesting Victor manifold copy - Page 3 Empty Re: Interesting Victor manifold copy

Post  bbf-falcon October 25th 2014, 12:28 pm

dfree383 wrote:
bbf-falcon wrote:Answer this Question gentlemen Exclamation If the wife asks you too get her ( Gucci )pocket book for Christmas,and she gives you the choice of a real one for $600 or a Knockoff identicle one for $40,which one are you gonna get her? Now ,lets see who the iodiots are . I know where my $$$$will be spent.

If your a smart man you'll get the real one....... Suicide by knockoff is an ugly thing.

You may not believe it, but the name brand stuff is typically of much higher quality.... I've been overseas a lot and been to the places where real rich people shop and I've been to the markets where the poor go.... The difference is profound.

Laughing Maybe we will ask you this question again a little later in your n ew life.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT October 25th 2014, 12:43 pm

kim wrote:  Im thinking of opening a craiglist sale of coach bags.....

Let me know if you do, my wife loves that stuff too.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 25th 2014, 12:53 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

If your a smart man you'll get the real one....... Suicide by knockoff is an ugly thing.

You may not believe it, but the name brand stuff is typically of much higher quality.... I've been overseas a lot and been to the places where real rich people shop and I've been to the markets where the poor go.... The difference is profound.

Laughing  Maybe we will ask you this question again a little later in your n ew life.
Razz nothing like experience!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug October 25th 2014, 1:01 pm

My wife would kick my Ass for buying her something so stupid, I have had my rear chewed for buying her flowers for her BD said it was a waste they will die in a few days.....
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior October 25th 2014, 1:05 pm

the Coug wrote:

My wife would kick my Ass for buying her something so stupid, I have had my rear chewed for buying her flowers for her BD  said it was a waste they will die in a few days.....

Sounds like my wife... Shocked
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 25th 2014, 2:51 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
the Coug wrote:

My wife would kick my Ass for buying her something so stupid, I have had my rear chewed for buying her flowers for her BD  said it was a waste they will die in a few days.....

Sounds like my wife... Shocked
x3 mine too!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 25th 2014, 3:52 pm

my wife the same.i was using the hand bag as an example. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  NOS42 October 25th 2014, 7:45 pm

the Coug wrote:

yes sir
NOS42
NOS42

Back to top Go down

Post  85bigblockfox October 27th 2014, 10:24 am

Just curious to what the people that are saying china rip off copy cats etc. What about jegs, summit, etc that are providing parts under there name? Somebody else makes jegs, summits parts and in return offer them at a cheaper price.
85bigblockfox
85bigblockfox

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 27th 2014, 10:30 am

85bigblockfox wrote:Just curious to what the people that are saying china rip off copy cats etc. What about jegs, summit, etc that are providing parts under there name? Somebody else makes jegs, summits parts and in return offer them at a cheaper price.

That IS what "Capitalism" is all about and that has always been the economy of this great United States of America.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kim October 27th 2014, 10:57 am

Jegs and Summit are very unlike the procomp copy market. Jegs and Summit will "vend" a product at vendor prescribed cost and test market demand. Once a product line has a certain demand level they then negotiate a major supply purchase usually at or exceeding the MFRs production capability. When the MFR loses all other direct purchase customers because there is no more inventory. Jegs and or Summit then demand a product price or threaten to stop ordering leaving the supplier with no market demand. So its sell at cost or loss to them. Or lose all product sales.

kim

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 27th 2014, 1:29 pm

kim wrote:Jegs and Summit are very unlike the procomp copy market.  Jegs and Summit will "vend" a product at vendor prescribed cost and test market demand.  Once a product line has a certain demand level they then negotiate a major supply purchase usually at or exceeding the MFRs production capability.  When the MFR loses all other direct purchase customers because there is no more inventory.  Jegs and or Summit then demand a product price or threaten to stop ordering leaving the supplier with no market demand.   So its sell at cost or loss to them.  Or lose all product  sales.
like Wal-Mart. ...
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 27th 2014, 2:30 pm

Not at all like Walmart.  You need to study the business profile that Walmart uses.  They are a showcase and an outlet for products, not a sole dealer.
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 27th 2014, 2:51 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:my wife the same.i was using the hand bag as an example. Very Happy

When they ask for a specific part number and manufacture....... it's a set-up..... bom
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 27th 2014, 6:56 pm

schmitty wrote:Not at all like Walmart.  You need to study the business profile that Walmart uses.  They are a showcase and an outlet for products, not a sole dealer.
then enlighten us on who's products carry the walmart brand? They have a lower priced version of almost every brand name product they cary.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty October 27th 2014, 6:59 pm

So does every other chain store
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 October 27th 2014, 7:08 pm

schmitty wrote:So does every other chain store
exactly! Same as the snapon tool truck! Blue point is the backup for them. Hell most of the brand name parts we like are made somewhere else and machined here.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 27th 2014, 10:20 pm

Ya know what Exclamation It's got too the point that you really don't know "Whats made Where" and I've got too the point too where I don't really give a shit.If it works for me,I really don't give a shit what the neighbor thinks.My trailer tool box is packed full of harbor freight tools,jacks,etc. it works for what I use it for and that's all I care about. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3