BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ?

+3
richter69
bruno
83-88T-Bird Guy
7 posters

Go down

Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ? Empty Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ?

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy December 1st 2009, 2:27 pm

Some of you know that I am trying to build my 87 TC drag racer a different way. So I am researching class legal ways to kill the e.t. in the first 330 ft. but still allow me to have full power on the top end, and do this consistently.

My question: If a BBF rolls out of the beams and was bouncing off a 2 step at say 2300-2500 for 3-4 seconds with the throttle wide open, what kind of engine damage (if any) would it cause ? I know the MSD fires every other cycle on each cylinder or something like that.
I think the raw fuel might load up in the exhaust system, or would it ?

The engine is a Procharged 9.5 to 1 512 with a tight nitrous convertor and 3.55 gears. LSA will be 113 deg. with duration @ .050 somewhere around 234 I and 244 Ex. I already plan on running an MSD programable ignition box, but it can only take out 20 deg. total.

Would it be hard on the bearings ? Rings ? Just curious.

Opinions?
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ? Empty Re: Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ?

Post  bruno December 1st 2009, 2:40 pm

you need a digital 7 Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ? Empty Re: Riding a BBF against a rev limiter...Racers, I need your opinion on what damage it could do ?

Post  richter69 December 1st 2009, 3:24 pm

Most tracks do not allow down track stuttering/rev limiter etc.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy December 1st 2009, 3:44 pm

richter69 wrote:Most tracks do not allow down track stuttering/rev limiter etc.

I have seen that in rule books before. Wonder what the reason is ?
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy December 1st 2009, 3:47 pm

bruno wrote:you need a digital 7 Wink

Nick: I agree. Although I wonder if it will kill enough time tho. Guess I could try it. I am pretty sure that is legal.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil December 1st 2009, 3:53 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:

So ricers don't scatter cranks on the track?
Phil
Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 December 1st 2009, 4:38 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:

Back in the day guys would set up their bracket cars to ride the rev limiter out the back door to produce deadly consistent, predictable E.T.'s. Some of the more ambitious racers coupled that setup with a few more intrusive "driving aids" like wheel counters and such......but nobody does that anymore Rolling Eyes

TJ
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 December 2nd 2009, 11:14 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:

because you could get killed,and if nothing else they have to clean up a mess, dont do this,it tends to weld keepers to the retainers,= droped valve,etc etc.....
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  gryphon68 December 2nd 2009, 4:34 pm

Pull a few more degrees of timing, it will slow down.

gryphon68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down