BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

C6 fluid capacity with oil change ?

3 posters

Go down

C6 fluid capacity with oil change ? Empty C6 fluid capacity with oil change ?

Post  rocketpony September 1st 2016, 10:48 am

So it's a c6 with a new 9" converter
I just drained the pan, and put in new converter with 1 qt in the converter.
How much should she take to b full?
Thanks

Also it has a tci 2 qt pan

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

C6 fluid capacity with oil change ? Empty Re: C6 fluid capacity with oil change ?

Post  rocketpony September 3rd 2016, 9:27 am

No one?

rocketpony

Back to top Go down

C6 fluid capacity with oil change ? Empty Re: C6 fluid capacity with oil change ?

Post  DeepRoots September 3rd 2016, 10:06 pm

A brand new build vs just an oil change, add in factors like pan size, convertor size, cooler size, etc.

I keep 4 gallons on hand for a new build. Typically a transmission will take 14 quarts (I have a massive cooler).
If it was me in your situation I'd fill the convertor as you did and put in 6-8 quarts, fire it up and top off as needed.
It's good to start small, just an oil change leaves a lot of fluid in the transmission.

Good luck
Drew

DeepRoots

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust September 4th 2016, 3:16 am

Well , best idea would be , verify where the "FULL" mark is on the dipstick , needs to be just above the pan rail or at about the level where the o'ring in on the dipstick tube .
Then fill to the full marks at warm operating temp, motor running. Any other figure anyone tells you for an amount is a guess at best

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  DeepRoots September 4th 2016, 7:28 pm

Gregaust wrote:Well , best idea would be , verify where the "FULL" mark is on the dipstick , needs to be just above the pan rail or at about the level where the o'ring in on the dipstick tube .
Then fill to the full marks at warm operating temp, motor running. Any other figure anyone tells you for an amount is a guess at best

Yup, that is why no one really wanted to answer.... it's pretty much impossible to have an exact number.

DeepRoots

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down