BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

c6 shifting hard into high gear

+2
BOSS 429
supervel45
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

c6 shifting hard into high gear - Page 2 Empty Re: c6 shifting hard into high gear

Post  Gregaust August 24th 2017, 5:46 am

Good move I think. Will be 0.135" wire spring. A good starting point

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

c6 shifting hard into high gear - Page 2 Empty Re: c6 shifting hard into high gear

Post  wayney September 1st 2017, 11:58 pm

took the car out at the track and on the street. shifts good , hard but not violent . thanks everyone for the input.

wayne

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust September 2nd 2017, 1:18 am

Good Result Cool

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 September 27th 2022, 7:00 am

wayney wrote:
Gregaust wrote:I'd be verifying the servo first before going much further . Unmachined and that light spring could sure be the issue. If it is a tie up on the shift it will lead to early band and clutch wear

As I quoted earlier right from the Sonnax instructions. Excess overlap can be felt as a hard shift. The servo is easily removed from the outside. Can also verify then that it is free and can easily return on its own
From memory that valvebody relies on the spring only to return the piston. There is no pressure to help push it off. Jay I think supplies a heavy return spring

For maximum servo apply, start with lightest
spring. If the 2-3 shift has excessive overlap,
switch to the return spring with larger wire diameter.

pulled the servo last night. piston did not come out with spring pressure. took to work, machined to 3.242 put back in with factory spring .13? wire. i will find out friday how it does.

wayne

Glad you got it fixed Wink

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2