BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI

+2
SandHillsHillbilly
stevesgarage
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI - Page 2 Empty Re: Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI

Post  stevesgarage November 19th 2017, 2:04 pm

stanger68 wrote:Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I don't have any experience with these type injectors. Would a restrictor plate under the hat do any good or would that interfere with the injectors? You could make that out of flat metal for $10. Or possibly the block off plates in the side chambers you talked about and just drill some holes in it if the center butterfly chokes it down too much. I understand the progressive linkage would be ideal but it seems to me since it's not for all out competition you could get pretty good results without it through trial and error of different size openings. Seeing how they're $750. I don't think I could pay that much for linkage either.

I agree with SandHillsHillbilly that a plate under the hat would not work.  The injectors are NOT in the hat, so that's not the issue.  The folks at Alkydigger called Joe Blo Speedshop in Australia and he told them that he was probably going to redesign the sliding progressive plates for the Bugcatcher after the IRP show in December.  He hopes to make it more 'production' friendly, less involved, and maybe cheaper?  So, I'll wait till next year for that decision.

Instead of just plugging the mechanical injector nozzle ports in base of the hat, I may put in the stainless hat lines with dummy nozzles and distribution block just cause those lines look so damn cool!  (And could be nitrous?)

Steve
stevesgarage
stevesgarage

Back to top Go down

Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI - Page 2 Empty Re: Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI

Post  stanger68 November 20th 2017, 2:29 am

The progressive linkage just seems a little over complicated to me the more I think about it. But hey, It's not my build. Build it the way you want it. that's what it's all about.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly November 20th 2017, 8:08 am

There is a progressive setup for the Big And Ugly that uses an external linkage and the mounts under the front of the hat. What I don't like about it is that the primary butterfly is on one end and the other two are secondary. What I would like to see is the center butterfly is primary with secondaries on each side. It would require a tube inside a tube for throttle shaft.
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  stevesgarage November 20th 2017, 11:12 pm

That progressive linkage for the butterflies, even if it could be adapted to the Bugcatcher, would not give the proper signal to the Throttle Position Sensor. So, that’s out.
Steve
stevesgarage
stevesgarage

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly November 21st 2017, 11:09 am

That progressive linkage is a nightmare with all the sliding parts. Just waiting for road dirt to lock it up. Besides it is ugly takes up way too much space.
Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI - Page 2 E-BAU-3SB-36P

You could run a remote TPS like this B&M kit. I would change the cable out for something from Lokar. By the time you added everything it would be mass confusion. It needs simplification.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-120002?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-b-m&gclid=Cj0KCQiAus_QBRDgARIsAIRGNGh3gNQhOgRPdXboZe4dUqg4FnqpRQ1Z1Yk9P8J-LxtKKTh-JJMoFfcaAkKjEALw_wcB

Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI - Page 2 Bmm-120002_xl
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI - Page 2 Empty EFI

Post  STR-LGL-70 November 21st 2017, 1:30 pm

Maybe I overlooked it, but what are you planning to use for fuel management?
Thanks, Sheldon
STR-LGL-70
STR-LGL-70

Back to top Go down

Post  stevesgarage November 23rd 2017, 2:05 am

The fuel management ECU will be from FI Tech. Also, I have decided to use the Alkydigger / Joe Blo Speedshop TPS disguised as a polished nitro K barrel valve. Just have to wait for it to come from Australia.
Steve
stevesgarage
stevesgarage

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE November 25th 2017, 5:25 am

Meh, IMO the old 2 hole Hilborn ShotGun injector hat looks better than the 3 hole Enderle stuff.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  SandHillsHillbilly November 25th 2017, 9:57 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Meh, IMO the old 2 hole Hilborn ShotGun injector hat looks better than the 3 hole Enderle stuff.

I have to agree! True Nostalgia
SandHillsHillbilly
SandHillsHillbilly

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf March 25th 2024, 2:00 am

stanger68 wrote:Forgive me if this is a stupid question, I don't have any experience with these type injectors. Would a restrictor plate under the hat do any good or would that interfere with the injectors? You could make that out of flat metal for $10. Or possibly the block off plates in the side chambers you talked about and just drill some holes in it if the center butterfly chokes it down too much. I understand the progressive linkage would be ideal but it seems to me since it's not for all out competition you could get pretty good results without it through trial and error of different size openings. Seeing how they're $750. I don't think I could pay that much for linkage either.

Actually, Alky Digger carries different size restrictor plates too. Designed and used by one of their customers. Three sized IIRC. Definitely an affordable option to try.

Last edited by jasonf on March 25th 2024, 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf March 25th 2024, 2:06 am

I have a bug catcher with one hole blocked off with the JoeBlo plate. The plate doesn't cover the whole side so I had to weld a small piece in the rear. It's just 1/8" aluminum so it would be cheap to make your own. I also have the JoeBlo remote TPS in the picture.

Streetrod 502 Build With Bugcatcher EFI - Page 2 20221011
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2