Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

SR 71

Post  STR-LGL-70 on August 20th 2018, 10:26 am

Lot of interest in these new heads, what is the combustion chamber volume? Also, are they available with Ti retainers as an upgrade?
Thanks, Sheldon
STR-LGL-70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jon Kaase SR71 Cylinder Heads

Post  glenevans on August 20th 2018, 3:26 pm

Jon, I hope you got the photos I emailed to your office a while back. They were from Winternationals in Pomona, early '80s. You were working on a Boss powered Pro Stock car in the pits. Cool

glenevans

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase on August 22nd 2018, 7:30 pm

Yes I did, Thanks Glen

jonkaase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper on August 22nd 2018, 8:03 pm

[quote="dfree383"][quote="enginetech"]Maybe (finally), a worthy competitor to the SR-20?  Though we will play hell getting it approved for use in those limited classes requiring “conventional” heads, whatever the hell that means.[/quote]

How conventional can they be if the factory valve covers and intakes wont even fit????

http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads/sr-20-series-cylinder-heads20[/quote]

Stock replacement race style valve covers fit fine on the SR20 Chevy heads. I'm looking forward to seeing more from this new Ford head. (It's been a while since we could say that)

whatbumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT on August 22nd 2018, 8:20 pm

whatbumper wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
enginetech wrote:Maybe (finally), a worthy competitor to the SR-20?  Though we will play hell getting it approved for use in those limited classes requiring “conventional” heads, whatever the hell that means.

How conventional can they be if the factory valve covers and intakes wont even fit????

http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads/sr-20-series-cylinder-heads20

Stock replacement race style valve covers fit fine on the SR20 Chevy heads.

That must be what makes it conventional. If a Ford was given the same defining parameters the C460 or Thor head would fit but those are specifically named and excluded in some types of racing.
68formalGT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Coupe Devil on August 22nd 2018, 10:17 pm

If I am understanding this correctly, these will need a slightly larger valve relief than the P51's so is there going to be a specific piston available? Or did I miss that?
Coupe Devil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper on August 22nd 2018, 10:49 pm

[quote="68formalGT"][quote="whatbumper"][quote="dfree383"][quote="enginetech"]Maybe (finally), a worthy competitor to the SR-20?  Though we will play hell getting it approved for use in those limited classes requiring “conventional” heads, whatever the hell that means.[/quote]

http://brodix.com/heads-2/big-block-chevrolet-compatible-heads/sr-20-series-cylinder-heads20[/quote]

[b]Stock replacement race style valve covers fit fine on the SR20 Chevy heads[/b].[/quote]

That must be what makes it conventional. If a Ford was given the same defining parameters the C460 or Thor head would fit but those are specifically named and excluded in some types of racing.[/quote]

95% of racing organizations do not consider the sr20 a conventional head. The only reason Rick and brodix call them that is because they use a regular BBC intake, headers, etc... Not because of the valve layout. It was built as a bracket racing head for NA guys. It just so happens to be a good all around head.

As far as this new ford head is concerned, It is nice that it uses current architecture for the intake manifold and probably a "shelf" style piston with a few change orders. Nothing crazy.

whatbumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 on August 23rd 2018, 9:12 am

95% of racing organizations do not consider the sr20 a conventional head.  The only reason Rick and brodix call them that is because they use a regular BBC intake, headers, etc...  Not because of the valve layout.  It was built as a bracket racing head for NA guys.  It just so happens to be a good all around head.  

As far as this new ford head is concerned, It is nice that it uses current architecture for the intake manifold and probably a "shelf" style piston with a few change orders.  Nothing crazy.[/quote]

As far as rick and brodix calling them conventional headed, how is that? They require a specific intake per Brodix and every article written about them a specific shaft rocker arm system, and some other things like brodix valve cover. I know you said a regular one would fit but per Brodix it does not.

Per Superchevy. com

There are several other features that will require specific required components. To start, the intake ports have been raised 0.500-inch, which means these heads will demand a specific Brodix intake manifold. Because both valves have been rolled to their new angles, this means the heads will require a shaft rocker system. Brodix has worked with both T&D and Jesel on this head and both companies offer a dedicated shaft system that will accommodate the new angles. Because the exhaust valve is moved so close to the valve cover rail, a different valve cover and head studs are also required, which Brodix also supplies. Of course, the new valve angles will also require custom piston valve reliefs to match the new valve angles for adequate valve-to-piston clearance, so you will need to add that to your list of requirements should you be considering a switch to these new heads.

cobrakid8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  STR-LGL-70 on September 1st 2018, 2:44 pm

Any more info on these yet?
Thanks
STR-LGL-70

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark O'Neal on September 2nd 2018, 7:53 pm

I've read what I can find, and watched what I can watch...and I know pretty much nothing more than I did when I started.

Mark O'Neal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jonkaase on September 3rd 2018, 2:48 pm

We are finishing up a group of the heads now. may send a few pair out this week, but really are not quite at the point to be taking orders.

WE have not started advertising yet, but as soon as we have a good inventory we will do so. Lots of people have made the mistake of getting everyone all charged up over a new product, and then for whatever reason can't supply them. I think in 1 to 2 weeks we'll be in good shape. and then there will be a lot more information on here. ... Kaase

jonkaase

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt on September 4th 2018, 10:42 am

Mark O'Neal wrote:I've read what I can find, and watched what I can watch...and I know pretty much nothing more than I did when I started.

Pretty much SOP for you Mark. Razz
Curt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum