Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Go down

Heads off to change solid roller lifters? Empty Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Post  fat64 on February 16th 2019, 11:06 pm

Looks like I have a lifter or two going away. Anyone happen to know if I have to remove the A-429 heads to swap roller lifters?

fat64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Heads off to change solid roller lifters? Empty Re: Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Post  BOSS 429 on February 16th 2019, 11:24 pm

fat64 wrote:Looks like I have a lifter or two going away. Anyone happen to know if I have to remove the A-429 heads to swap roller lifters?

On a bbf you should not have to, just remove the intake
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Heads off to change solid roller lifters? Empty Re: Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Post  Mark Miller on February 17th 2019, 12:55 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
fat64 wrote:Looks like I have a lifter or two going away. Anyone happen to know if I have to remove the A-429 heads to swap roller lifters?

On a bbf  you should not have to, just remove the intake

X2,I have the Comp Solid Roller lifters in my 466 with the Aluminum A-429 Heads and the lifters come out with just taking the Intake off and not the heads!!Smile

Mark Miller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie on February 17th 2019, 2:45 pm

I did not have to pull heads to change roller lifters on mine.
Using Crower HIPPO lifters.

Cheers
68galaxie
68galaxie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  fat64 on February 17th 2019, 3:37 pm

Huge thanks for the replies guys. Glad it wont be a huge job now. Relacing with another set of Comp solid roller Endure-x lifters.

fat64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy on February 17th 2019, 9:21 pm

fat64 wrote:Huge thanks for the replies guys. Glad it wont be a huge job now. Relacing with another set of Comp solid roller Endure-x lifters.

Comp Cams has a rebuild policy for those lifters.

rmcomprandy

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fat64 on February 17th 2019, 11:23 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
fat64 wrote:Huge thanks for the replies guys. Glad it wont be a huge job now. Relacing with another set of Comp solid roller Endure-x lifters.

Don't know if that will work from here in Australia. Probably just about cheaper and quicker to pick up a new set.

fat64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy on February 18th 2019, 11:34 am

fat64 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Don't know if that will work from here in Australia. Probably just about cheaper and quicker to pick up a new set.

Including shipping costs ... you are probably correct.

rmcomprandy

View user profile http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fat64 on February 18th 2019, 4:16 pm

Just looking for the part number and I see there are 3 different types of Endure-x roller lifters for this engine. I'm not sure what's in there.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is and which ones I need? I'm running T&D rockers if that makes any difference.

fat64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum