BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

5 posters

Go down

Heads off to change solid roller lifters? Empty Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Post  fat64 February 16th 2019, 11:06 pm

Looks like I have a lifter or two going away. Anyone happen to know if I have to remove the A-429 heads to swap roller lifters?

fat64

Back to top Go down

Heads off to change solid roller lifters? Empty Re: Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Post  BOSS 429 February 16th 2019, 11:24 pm

fat64 wrote:Looks like I have a lifter or two going away. Anyone happen to know if I have to remove the A-429 heads to swap roller lifters?

On a bbf you should not have to, just remove the intake
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Heads off to change solid roller lifters? Empty Re: Heads off to change solid roller lifters?

Post  Mark Miller February 17th 2019, 12:55 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
fat64 wrote:Looks like I have a lifter or two going away. Anyone happen to know if I have to remove the A-429 heads to swap roller lifters?

On a bbf  you should not have to, just remove the intake

X2,I have the Comp Solid Roller lifters in my 466 with the Aluminum A-429 Heads and the lifters come out with just taking the Intake off and not the heads!!Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  68galaxie February 17th 2019, 2:45 pm

I did not have to pull heads to change roller lifters on mine.
Using Crower HIPPO lifters.

Cheers
68galaxie
68galaxie

Back to top Go down

Post  fat64 February 17th 2019, 3:37 pm

Huge thanks for the replies guys. Glad it wont be a huge job now. Relacing with another set of Comp solid roller Endure-x lifters.

fat64

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 17th 2019, 9:21 pm

fat64 wrote:Huge thanks for the replies guys. Glad it wont be a huge job now. Relacing with another set of Comp solid roller Endure-x lifters.

Comp Cams has a rebuild policy for those lifters.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fat64 February 17th 2019, 11:23 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
fat64 wrote:Huge thanks for the replies guys. Glad it wont be a huge job now. Relacing with another set of Comp solid roller Endure-x lifters.

Don't know if that will work from here in Australia. Probably just about cheaper and quicker to pick up a new set.

fat64

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 18th 2019, 11:34 am

fat64 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

Don't know if that will work from here in Australia. Probably just about cheaper and quicker to pick up a new set.

Including shipping costs ... you are probably correct.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fat64 February 18th 2019, 4:16 pm

Just looking for the part number and I see there are 3 different types of Endure-x roller lifters for this engine. I'm not sure what's in there.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is and which ones I need? I'm running T&D rockers if that makes any difference.

fat64

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down