BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alky-hol conversion

2 posters

Go down

Alky-hol conversion Empty Alky-hol conversion

Post  Tommyj466 December 23rd 2009, 9:27 pm

OK I've been wanting to do this for a while, and I've ordered the quick fuel kit to convert my dominator from gas to alcohol. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with quick fuel's conversion kit. If so, were you happy with the results? I'm planning to use a black Holley pump. The fuel cell is currently mounted in the trunk. I'm hoping not to have to change that. I think Dan's (Hobbs) cell is in the rear of car. What other fuel delivery mods are needed? My deal is currently deadheaded at the regulator, do I have to add a bypass regulator with a return?

Combo is
466 with 2443 TRW Pistons
A-429 Aluminum Heads
Roller with 268,277 @ .050 .720ish lift
currently 8896 3 circuit dommy on a Victor
C4,4500 stall, 3265lbs with me
6.54 @ 104 best pass last year
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Alky-hol conversion Empty Re: Alky-hol conversion

Post  richter69 December 23rd 2009, 9:36 pm

Those kits require a booster swap, that and there are a good bit of things that need be done that the kits don't have. Honestly I'd get APD, Rupert, or one of the carb companies to do the conversion, or buy a used one............they pop up all the time.

Black pump is going to be a bit on the small side, two maybe...I'd opt for a large pump myself.

Cell in the rear is fine, lines need to be sized right, good filter, bypass or deadhead regulator but it needs to be large enough.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 December 24th 2009, 7:33 am

Thanks Jon. This kit comes with their billet boosters and metering blocks, bowl extensions, floats, needles and the compatible pump diaframs and little stuff. It seems like I should end up with a QF alcohol carb when done. I see your point with Rupert or APD maybe being able to customize the carb a little more.

Glad to hear deadhead system is acceptable. I may have to revisit the pump. Right now it's got -10 from cell to carb.
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down