BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

+16
jones
svted
TopSportsman916
69F100
jbozzelle
Doug Rahn
DILLIGASDAVE
LivermoreDave
Jeff Chandler
westsideford
Moodyblues
richter69
TravisRice
bbf-falcon
Nevs
David Willingham
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop - Page 2 Empty Re: Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

Post  svted March 21st 2010, 7:59 pm

Love them trucks. Look'in good.
Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop - Page 2 5-09nobedbars
svted
svted

Back to top Go down

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop - Page 2 Empty Re: Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop

Post  David Willingham March 21st 2010, 10:14 pm

I haven't seen it since December. I am going Saturday if all goes well. I think he has put in the belly pans and floorboards. He is trying to get the rest of the interior done in carbon fiber. I have a possible deal on a transmission. I met Mike & Jeff Strasburg(sp ?) last weekend in Gainesville. They are on the pit crew of Mike Knowles' ProMod and Chuck Ford is Mike's crew chief this year. While there hangin' in the pits, I got to talking to Jeff about his transmissions. He owns B&J transmissions. They build a nice Lenco-type planetary trans. They need some blowers for their fuel car and want to work something out. I have talked to Chuck and it looks like it's a go. I'll probably get a B & J 3-speed with their converter drive. On another note, I may start building billet aluminum rearend housings. If that goes well, I may have to build one for my truck.

David
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle March 22nd 2010, 12:20 am

David,

Sounds like your truck and your business are both coming along really well.

Who would need a billet rear housing? Or do you mean a center section?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 March 22nd 2010, 12:36 am

rails, funny cars etc.

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  David Willingham March 22nd 2010, 9:13 am

The ProMods are breaking the cast aluminum center housings.
David Willingham
David Willingham
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers March 22nd 2010, 10:09 am

They've been using these types of things on Street Rods for a few years , http://www.wizardsteerclear.com/ , http://www.posiesrodsandcustoms.com/super_slide_springs/featured_products/offset-steering-box/

Updated pics of the truck from the chassis shop - Page 2 STEER_CLEAR_4_SIZEScropfr3
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2