BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need your opinion from TN

+5
bcr466
the Coug
cool40
Nevs
Moodyblues
9 posters

Go down

Need your opinion from TN Empty Need your opinion from TN

Post  Moodyblues December 26th 2009, 10:50 pm

I attended the BBF bash this year and helped a friend of mine and I plan on bringing my car this year.

I have raced in the 6.0 headsup racing in my area and won 2 events and been runner up in one. My car has been deadly running several 6.0s with .40 lights. Now to my dilema.

Car is 77 Mustng II hatchback, 105" wb with a dove headed 514 that runs 5.80s/117 in the 1/8th mile with a 990 4150 carb, round tube chassis, 4-link, 40 spline, 4.88, 1.76 glide, 8" 5500 ptc conv, and weighs 2350, on racing gas.

I have purchased a new set of TFS street heads. I have thought about putting them on engine to see what difference it makes, but heck the thing is so darn consistent. I wonder that the heads would do as far as et,er mph with just bolting on??? Don't even know about the intake.

Anyway since it is winter and we can't race I was just thinking.....................I still paln on racing 6.0 headsup but have an interest in 5.70 headsup. Tired of and done with bracket racing.

Your opinion/thoughts

[url]/uhttps://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/Moodyblues_photos/?action=view&current=HOOD.jpg&newest=1[url]
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

http://www.russhoodinsurance.com

Back to top Go down

Need your opinion from TN Empty Re: Need your opinion from TN

Post  Nevs December 26th 2009, 11:16 pm

I'd think 5.70's would be easy with the TFS streets. If they aren't worth a tenth over the Dove's, there is something wrong!
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 December 27th 2009, 12:09 am

some times its harder to stay consistent with a door car when you go faster but track condition is most of the reason.your local bracket tracks,around here any way,dont do much in the way of track prep for high powered cars.your car is pritty lite and may dead hook at the track but more power can change all that.i'd put them on for sere if i had them and see what it does but i'm all for goen faster not consistent,could be why i dont have much luck at bracket racen but wtf. good luck with it.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug December 27th 2009, 7:38 am

if your engine is consistant with Doves the TFS streets should be just as consistant, I don't understand how some of you guy's can run such small carbs on these engines. I have been running them for years and never once found one that wanted any thing less than a dominator.....

but in short it should still be consistant....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 27th 2009, 7:51 pm

the Coug wrote:if your engine is consistant with Doves the TFS streets should be just as consistant, I don't understand how some of you guy's can run such small carbs on these engines. I have been running them for years and never once found one that wanted any thing less than a dominator.....

but in short it should still be consistant....

Randy

Randy,

I have a 1050 dommy but the braswell small carb is quicker. Maybe I need to try a better dommy. I run 90 jets in mine and it runs great. Also I race 1/8th mile, how about you?

Thanks

Russ
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 December 27th 2009, 8:07 pm

Russ, are you going to change yor screen name to "Moody Black" now that your car aint blue any more? Smile
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 27th 2009, 8:23 pm

is the 1050 a 2 or 3 circuit?

I'd put the heads on...............but thats just me.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  powerstrokeace December 27th 2009, 8:33 pm

I'd run the heads with no other changes to the complete system. Engine,tranny, or anything else for that matter. I think the smaller carb is what's making your car consistent.

Ace

Last edited by powerstrokeace on December 27th 2009, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
powerstrokeace
powerstrokeace

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 27th 2009, 8:37 pm

..........or send the carb to APD and get it converted to alky..........but again thats just me.......... Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 27th 2009, 8:46 pm

bcr466 wrote:Russ, are you going to change yor screen name to "Moody Black" now that your car aint blue any more? Smile

LOL.............Yep I have thought about it a time or two. I like cars with a name and been thinkiing of a new name for the car overe the last couple of months.

Russ Hood
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 27th 2009, 8:49 pm

powerstrokeace wrote:I'd run the heads with no other changes to the complete system. Engine,tranny, or anything else for that matter. I think the smaller carb is what's making your car consistent.

Ace
Running the 6.0 headsup class my car shifting at 5800 and leaving at 4000 has ran 8 passes in a row at 6.00 or 6.01. I think you are right about the smaller carb
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 27th 2009, 10:57 pm

I think it has more to do with the carb being a Patterson more than being small.

A box stock 3 circuit 1050 on gas is not gonna work as good as a 4150 thats been loved on lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Moodyblues December 27th 2009, 11:06 pm

Your right, guess I need to try a coaxed dommy. What intake you use with the streets?
Moodyblues
Moodyblues

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 28th 2009, 1:14 pm

Do the heads. You can always back it down to run slower if you want. I agree with the carb. That's where the consistency is at.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 28th 2009, 9:29 pm

Moodyblues wrote:Your right, guess I need to try a coaxed dommy. What intake you use with the streets?

The streets use a dove port and location, victor jr will work but needs a "victor match" to the heads and intake to make it "smooth". The TFS intake is a match out of the box.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE December 28th 2009, 9:52 pm

If it's too fast with the new heads, an adjustable gas pedal stop is a simple mechanical way to slow the car down without having to relying on electronics to do the job.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down