BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Beauty 557 project

5 posters

Go down

Black Beauty 557 project Empty Black Beauty 557 project

Post  Narmalee May 13th 2021, 6:20 pm

Hey all, just wanted to introduce myself

started a swap from my small block 427 and gforce HD T5, and planning to upgrade to an aluminum 600+ with a Jericho 4 speed

although I guess I've picked a bad time to upgrade with the backorders and "shortages"... Kaase is 8 months out and seems like everyone else is hella backordered

but, this is the plan, havn't had any experience with big blocks before, but im switching because im at the breakover point of a big cube Clevor vs a big block... and its a lot cheaper to go to the big block... but at least the suspension and rear end are good for it, but I have no idea how im going to run 3" from front to back... >.
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Black Beauty 557 project Empty Re: Black Beauty 557 project

Post  bruno May 13th 2021, 8:18 pm

welcome to the board !! cant wait to follow this build . She will be a monster !!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee May 14th 2021, 6:31 am

bruno wrote:welcome to the board !! cant wait to follow this build . She will be a monster !!

haha I sure hope so!

pretty much got my eyes set on the SR71 kaase heads and if I can get it, his aluminum block.
car runs auto-X and id like to keep weight down on the nose if at all possible

goals are 800+ on pump gas since I still like getting it out and going on drives
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 May 14th 2021, 11:19 am

Narmalee wrote:
bruno wrote:welcome to the board !! cant wait to follow this build . She will be a monster !!

haha I sure hope so!

pretty much got my eyes set on the SR71 kaase heads and if I can get it, his aluminum block.

goals are 800+ on pump gas since I still like getting it out and going on drives

I can’t wait until I’m independently wealthy too 😂

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee May 14th 2021, 3:50 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:
Narmalee wrote:

haha I sure hope so!

I can’t wait until I’m independently wealthy too 😂

Hahaha, nah i just never married, no kids, my small house is paid for

And i drive the best of every car and truck.... from 20 years ago LOL

Almost bought a new gt350, then the dealer wanted to stack an additional 30k on it for... no reason, soooo back to upgrading the mustang.

Never had a new car, drive a 97 f250 and the way everything is going this year i probably never will leave it
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 May 14th 2021, 4:25 pm

It’s like we’re clones! No wife, no kids, house is almost paid off but then I’m gonna build a shop so that will take a minute. The newest vehicle in my fleet is the 2007 Altima DD with 256k on it. I’ve never owned a new car and really don’t see it happening, it’s not because of $$ it’s because I’m too realistic.

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee May 14th 2021, 5:13 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:It’s like we’re clones! No wife, no kids, house is almost paid off but then I’m gonna build a shop so that will take a minute. The newest vehicle in my fleet is the 2007 Altima DD with 256k on it. I’ve never owned a new car and really don’t see it happening, it’s not because of $$ it’s because I’m too realistic.

man isn't that the truth... I can barely work on my '97, being somewhat all computer controlled, but the great thing with the 7.3 is for 500.00 you can replace every single sensor/solenoid on it... beyond that its troubleshooting and its not that bad with it's simple wiring harness, its almost the perfect thing...

the mustang is... frankensteined… it still has stock computer, im just tricking it with sensors on the engine so I can keep the stock cluster, last thing I wanted to do was to put an all autometer dash with a 5" tach for the cops to see... looks 100% stock unless you open the hood
so far seems to have worked, havnt gotten a ticket yet, buuuut im not getting any younger lol

my issue is im getting tired of projects, between re-siding the house by myself, and taking care of 80 year old parents's car... im getting wore out of projects...really having to fight the minor depression from it all...

but house is almost done, and then its back to focusing on the cars Wink
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 14th 2021, 5:16 pm

Ahh the single life....... I remember those days.....🤓
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee May 14th 2021, 5:25 pm

dfree383 wrote:Ahh the single life....... I remember those days.....🤓

man I got sad thinking about if I was to have a kid, i'll be mid 50's when he's turning 18... that just really made me blue for awhile...
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  wickettoby1 May 14th 2021, 6:26 pm

My '01 7.3 only has 155K on it so im good as far as the drivetrain goes but the MI winters hasnt been kind to the underside, if only rust were a precious commodity 😂

wickettoby1

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee May 14th 2021, 6:32 pm

wickettoby1 wrote:My '01 7.3 only has 155K on it so im good as far as the drivetrain goes but the MI winters hasnt been kind to the underside, if only rust were a precious commodity 😂

'97 with 68k Cool

farmer dusted it down tho, had to rebuild the engine, valves were so recessed you could see the seat, found when I went shimming the new comp springs in it, .030... .025... .030... .200 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
uhoh

that's when I got to experience the joys of pulling a 7.3 head "in truck"... then decided to beef up the cherry picker to pull the engine... that was rough lol

farmer couldn't keep it running, turned out he needed new batteries and an exciter wire pigtail for the alternator, coolant line would drape down and chafe the wire and ground it out on the case of the alternator, then the batteries had a bad cell in each one, so you hit a bump and the alternator and batteries are out... well... it doesn't run very good with no electricity... so it shuts off Rolling Eyes lol!

im just happy its simple and a manual... don't have to worry about locals stealing my cars/truck LOL
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  738drvr June 29th 2021, 9:52 pm

I like the BBF and still have more than one but a Clevor build boosted might be something to reconsider. The big blocks make a lot of power/torque but they are big, heavy and need good cooling. If you want to keep the weight down you have to use an aluminum block. I still have one in the box. They are expensive. I have a Clevor with a 6-71 that made 1000hp on 9# of boost. I’m selling the 6-71 setup and going twins and hope to get close to 1500hp. Both setups are on E85. Smaller and lighter is the best way to go for a street/strip setup. I love the torque of a big block but boosted is where it’s at now.
738drvr
738drvr

Narmalee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Narmalee July 2nd 2021, 7:17 pm

738drvr wrote:I like the BBF and still have more than one but a Clevor build boosted might be something to reconsider. The big blocks make a lot of power/torque but they are big, heavy and need good cooling. If you want to keep the weight down you have to use an aluminum block. I still have one in the box. They are expensive. I have a Clevor with a 6-71 that made 1000hp on 9# of boost. I’m selling the 6-71 setup and going twins and hope to get close to 1500hp. Both setups are on E85. Smaller and lighter is the best way to go for a street/strip setup. I love the torque of a big block but boosted is where it’s at now.

Thats kind of what i was looking at with Kaase's aluminum block, build it mild with pump gas for 900ish, wouldnt be hard with his SR71 heads, those things are amazing for the price

But a 6-71 setup through the hood just is soooooo beautifull, just you'll never make it past the cops 😆😆😆😆

How come you havnt done anything with the block yet? Time or finances?
Narmalee
Narmalee

Back to top Go down

Post  738drvr July 2nd 2021, 11:10 pm

Time. Too many irons in the fire. Taking the 557 to the dyno in the next few weeks then putting the 415C in the T’bird. Been plenty busy.
738drvr
738drvr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down