BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

aluminum eliminator blocks

+3
Lem Evans
dfree383
o henry
7 posters

Go down

aluminum eliminator blocks Empty aluminum eliminator blocks

Post  o henry August 11th 2023, 9:20 pm

i tried comp 836 roller lifters the tie bar lays flush ontop of lifter bore and roller part of lifter does not even touch the cam.. tried comp 96836 sportsman lifter with same results... Now i understand top of lifter bore might have to be milled some but not 300k. anyone put one of these blocks together with same problem so how did you solve it..

o henry

Back to top Go down

aluminum eliminator blocks Empty Re: aluminum eliminator blocks

Post  dfree383 August 12th 2023, 7:59 am

Haven’t heard of those issues
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 12th 2023, 10:38 am

dfree383 wrote:Haven’t heard of those issues
It's there

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

QtrWarrior and BOSS 429 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter August 17th 2023, 11:46 pm

o henry wrote:i tried comp 836 roller lifters the tie bar lays flush ontop of lifter bore and roller part of lifter does not even touch the cam..  tried comp 96836 sportsman lifter  with same results... Now i understand top of lifter bore might have to be milled some  but not 300k.  anyone put one of these blocks together with same problem  so how did you solve it..

Posting this for others.

The BAM lifters 2010-16 have a rather tall tie bar location and will work in the aluminum eliminator pro block with something near a normal base circle.

The top of the lifter bores in that block are a mile away from the cam bore centerline.

We've built several this way and have helped a couple of folks sort it out as well.

I am less comfortable with the comp lifters these days.

Hope this helps.

Lem can get the lifters for anyone that needs them.

Scotty Jay / Parkland RHP

Smile
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

2 wicked likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 August 18th 2023, 10:30 am

o henry wrote:i tried comp 836 roller lifters the tie bar lays flush ontop of lifter bore and roller part of lifter does not even touch the cam..  tried comp 96836 sportsman lifter  with same results... Now i understand top of lifter bore might have to be milled some  but not 300k.  anyone put one of these blocks together with same problem  so how did you solve it..

THIS is a normal problem, base circle of the cam, the height of lifter bore. Both of these cause this. SVO IRON, AR alum blocks, they all do this. Lh side seems to be higher most of the time. 15/20 years ago comp raised the link bar on the wedge lifters, the early ones are REAL SHORT.

-R
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 August 18th 2023, 10:35 am

BOSS 429 wrote:

THIS is a normal problem, base circle of the cam, the height of lifter bore. Both of these cause this. SVO IRON, AR alum blocks, they all do this. Lh side seems to be higher most of the time. 15/20  years ago comp raised the link bar on the wedge lifters, the early ones are REAL SHORT.

-R

Grinding on the link bar has to be done and will be fine, cant really mill down very far if any on lifter bore top because of raising oil hole too close to top
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino August 18th 2023, 1:18 pm

A local race engine shop I seen them cut a groove across the top of the lifter bores....enough to give the tie bar room to fit and work, but without having to mill down the tops of the bores themselves.

BBFTorino

The Mad Porter likes this post

Back to top Go down

aluminum eliminator blocks Empty lifters

Post  hbstang August 27th 2023, 1:55 pm

my c and c motorsports block cleared fine with crower hipo lifters,on the inside.only had to clearance on the back wall for the hemi boss lifters.aluminum eliminator blocks Img_7910
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  o henry August 27th 2023, 6:30 pm

Yea lem (bless you) before he passed turned me onto Scotty g , bam lifters has higher tie bar providing clearance for tie bar strap.. thank you Scotty g God bless you lem.

o henry

The Mad Porter and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  The Mad Porter August 27th 2023, 9:51 pm

o henry wrote:Yea lem (bless you) before he passed  turned me onto Scotty g , bam lifters has higher tie bar providing clearance  for  tie bar strap..  thank you  Scotty g       God bless you lem.

Happy to help brother.

I am fortunate in that I was able to BS with Lem several days before he passed.

He will be sorely missed. Sad Sad Sad

Scotty Jay / Parkland-RHP
The Mad Porter
The Mad Porter

http://www.reincarnation-automotive.com

J.Toney and Mark Miller like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down