BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run

+4
dfree383
Paul Kane
stanger68
Dave De
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run  - Page 2 Empty Re: factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run

Post  maverick172 October 9th 2023, 9:14 pm

hbstang wrote:so what is this build for,a drag car?you want 1800 hp with a $600 block?what about the rest of the engine?
FYI i have an A 460 block i would sell.it has 2.750 mains,4.420 bore.and 2 .100 sleeves in 6 and 7.it also has really thick cylinders,up to .300 thick at current bore.i would sell it for $2500.or with the crower 4.400 stroke for an extra $1,000.
youmay make 1500-1800 with the stock block but you wont have peace of mind for long.

it would be in a street stripe machine mainly stripe but more detuned for street.
i am not saying i want a cheap block to make the power i am trying to work with what i can get ., afterm,arket blocks are hard to come by.
why does your a460 have 2.75 mains? i thought they run 3.0 bearings? 4.4 stroke crank that is a differant stroke probably a oddball length rod and or custom pistons for that application?
well i would be building the engine from ground up so probably go aluminum rods or a really good i beam rod and forged if not billet crank as well.
if you were closer i might consider the block but i am in canada.
thanks

maverick172

Back to top Go down

factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run  - Page 2 Empty Re: factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run

Post  supervel45 October 9th 2023, 9:32 pm

^ I looked at his deal. Seemed Like a Molar 6.750" Rod worked with a shelf piston or was very close with a little Decking.

Early 2.75" Main SVO Blocks are pretty Cool to Me. They have advantages in my Opinion.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick172 October 9th 2023, 10:15 pm

supervel45 wrote:^ I looked at his deal. Seemed Like a Molar 6.750" Rod worked with a shelf piston or was very close with a little Decking.

Early 2.75" Main SVO Blocks are pretty Cool to Me. They have advantages in my Opinion.
what is the advantage of a smaller bearing? just curious?

maverick172

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 9th 2023, 10:47 pm

Lighter Crankshaft.

Cleveland Main Diameter, I Don't Know if Cleveland Racing Bearings Interchange but, Maybe? I guess less bearing drag and better oiling. Not positive but, something along those lines, and better for High RPM, I think.

Folks Complained about 429/460 Mains being Too Big and Not Good for Racing. Probably More BS, then anything.

supervel45

maverick172 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy October 10th 2023, 10:09 am

maverick172 wrote:
supervel45 wrote:^ I looked at his deal. Seemed Like a Molar 6.750" Rod worked with a shelf piston or was very close with a little Decking.

what is the advantage of a smaller bearing? just curious?

Besides bearing journal surface speed the biggest advantage is less oil throw=off into the windage of the crankcase.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane October 10th 2023, 10:12 am

maverick172 wrote:… , i too believe the 4 bolt upgrade is the way to go .
btw do you have any 4 bolt main caps too sell? i cannot find them anywhere .?
thanks
Aw man, I literally sold fifteen sets of 4-bolt billet main caps over the last two weeks. Those sets that remain are earmarked to be fitted to blocks, some of which are already pre-sold themselves. I am out of the shop for a few days and upon my return will reassess what I may or may not have available and let you know—I need to make sure I am able to fill block the orders.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run  - Page 2 Empty anything can be shipped

Post  hbstang October 10th 2023, 5:32 pm

maverick172 wrote:
hbstang wrote:so what is this build for,a drag car?you want 1800 hp with a $600 block?what about the rest of the engine?
FYI i have an A 460 block i would sell.it has 2.750 mains,4.420 bore.and 2 .100 sleeves in 6 and 7.it also has really thick cylinders,up to .300 thick at current bore.i would sell it for $2500.or with the crower 4.400 stroke for an extra $1,000.
youmay make 1500-1800 with the stock block but you wont have peace of mind for long.

it would be in a street stripe machine mainly stripe but more detuned for street.
i am not saying i want a cheap block to make the power i am trying to work with what i can get ., afterm,arket blocks are hard to come by.
why does your a460 have 2.75 mains? i thought they run 3.0 bearings? 4.4 stroke  crank that is a differant stroke probably a oddball length rod and or custom pistons for that application?
well i would be building the engine from ground up so probably go aluminum rods or a really good i beam rod and forged if not billet crank as well.
thanks
i can ship to usa side border station,and you pick it up to cross.it has 2.75 mains because thats how ford made it.there is no damage in water jackets around sleeves,i checked with bore scope.remainder of cylinders is .260-.320
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick172 October 10th 2023, 8:31 pm

ya i am like 6 hr drive to north dakota . where you located ?
hbstang wrote:
maverick172 wrote:

why does your a460 have 2.75 mains? i thought they run 3.0 bearings? 4.4 stroke  crank that is a differant stroke probably a oddball length rod and or custom pistons for that application?
thanks
i can ship to usa side border station,and you pick it up to cross.it has 2.75 mains because thats how ford made it.there is no damage in water jackets around sleeves,i checked with bore scope.remainder of cylinders  is .260-.320

maverick172

Back to top Go down

factory 2 bolt block . max horse power i could run  - Page 2 Empty location of block

Post  hbstang October 11th 2023, 2:42 pm

i am in southern california.
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2