BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray

+4
FastFlats
BBFTorino
Paul Kane
dfree383
8 posters

Go down

Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray Empty Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray

Post  FastFlats February 6th 2024, 8:56 pm

I’ve searched all the forums but can’t seem to find a part number for Ford main bolts for a windage tray?

FastFlats

Back to top Go down

Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray Empty Re: Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray

Post  427John February 6th 2024, 10:01 pm

FastFlats wrote:I’ve searched all the forums but can’t seem to find a part number for Ford main bolts for a windage tray?
I'm not aware of any 429-460's that come from the factory with a windage tray, 429CJ's & SCJ's used a baffled oil pan but no windage tray.

427John

Back to top Go down

Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray Empty Re: Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray

Post  dfree383 February 6th 2024, 10:30 pm

What was already said, nothing factory for a Windage tray

But Canton does offer a tray and studs that I’ve used in the past
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 7th 2024, 12:25 am

FastFlats wrote:I’ve searched all the forums but can’t seem to find a part number for Ford main bolts for a windage tray?

Are you talking about the bolt with the small stud on the top used for holding the pick-up from the oil pump ...?

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane February 7th 2024, 12:39 am

The OEM factory Ford 460 windage tray (aka "oil baffle"), p/n E6JE-6687-BA, was secured to the man caps via seven main bolts, part number D9HZ-6345-A.  We have the trays and/or the bolts if you need them, call if interested.

Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray Oem46010
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

QtrWarrior likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino February 7th 2024, 3:44 am

If you're using a Canton, Milodon, or Moroso pan and/or tray, they have bolts/studs that work with their products, or they'll list an ARP number for you.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 7th 2024, 7:37 am

Paul Kane wrote:
The OEM factory Ford 460 windage tray (aka "oil baffle"), p/n E6JE-6687-BA, was secured to the man caps via seven main bolts, part number D9HZ-6345-A.  We have the trays and/or the bolts if you need them, call if interested.

Those have got to be pretty rare and the definitely where not on any thing before that part number date.

What was the application?
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  FastFlats February 7th 2024, 10:31 am

Thank you all for the responses. Randy and Paul explained what I was looking for.

FastFlats

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy February 7th 2024, 11:33 am

Paul Kane wrote:

That is a "marine" part and most people don't know about their existence...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  FastFlats February 7th 2024, 1:19 pm

Randy - I’m planning to use the MPG Black Magic windage tray/ crank scraper.

FastFlats

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyF February 7th 2024, 5:21 pm

The engine builder who is putting my 521 together used a main bolt that had a short stud on the end to secure the pickup tube. It was something that he had on hand, I'm not sure where he sourced it from. He said that 429 and 460 engines with the rear sump used a special bolt and he kept a few of them from previous builds. If that is the case then there should be a factory part number for it.Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray Img_2312

AndyF

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 February 7th 2024, 6:34 pm

It's the part number Paul mentioned.

Here's 4 for sale if anyone needs them or if Paul runs out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166551662577

The OMC 340HP King Cobra has the windage tray.

3Min 28Second in the below video it is shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuSHed0mL1A

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyF February 7th 2024, 11:42 pm

Thanks, I'll pick up a few of those bolts to pay back the engine builder.

AndyF

Back to top Go down

Post  427John February 12th 2024, 4:17 pm

AndyF wrote:The engine builder who is putting my 521 together used a main bolt that had a short stud on the end to secure the pickup tube. It was something that he had on hand, I'm not sure where he sourced it from. He said that 429 and 460 engines with the rear sump used a special bolt and he kept a few of them from previous builds. If that is the case then there should be a factory part number for it.Part # for Fomoco main bolts for windage tray Img_2312
I would expect the 370 and 429T truck engines with big 10 qt pans and Econoline and later pickup 460's with their rear sump pans to use a bolt like that. You threw us off asking about windage tray bolts, something like what you're looking for was pretty commonly used later on, I've pulled a couple off over the years and keep them for when I need them but never bothered to get the part number, now we all know.

427John

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down