BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion for a sticky

+22
c.evans
95lightiningguy
jasonf
jones
gdog
56Tbird
IDT-572
IcallhimGeorge
hillbillyerv
DFI429
schmitty
Broncoholic
bruno
jesse
richter69
Lem Evans
the Coug
bbf-falcon
bigblockfox468
342g
deliveredfast
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Suggestion for a sticky Empty Suggestion for a sticky

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 8:55 pm

I think it would be a great help to alot of people if we had a sticky for all the things that hi performance products dont tell you about. Alot of products come with little to no instructions.

For example I bought the 18 bolt TFS A460 heads, now they tell you that you need an additional bolt kit, but they do not tell you you need a special wrench to torque them down(torque adapter)

Example 2

When I got my jesels for the A460 head I had to cut the tops off some of the heads studs to be flush with the nut and also had to mill the stands that hung over the studs. I had no idea I would have to do this.

These are just a couple of examples, where these things may be common knowledge to an engine builder they may not be to the average do it ur self drag racer or gear head.

I'm sure there are lots of products that leave info out that could be put in a sticky so that one could view the info before a purchase or even after. Just an idea I had. thx.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Suggestion for a sticky Empty Re: Suggestion for a sticky

Post  342g January 29th 2010, 9:01 pm

Daaamn,thats a good looking motor. cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 9:06 pm

342g wrote:Daaamn,thats a good looking motor. cheers

Thx, its gonna get even better looking. I got a danny bee to put on it Laughing
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 January 29th 2010, 9:13 pm

Sorry for the hi-jack....but how's it all coming along? I kinda got a project happening too. Would like to meet up and check your project out and maybe get some idea's. Let me know.

And now back to the original post....

Good idea cheers
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 29th 2010, 9:14 pm

Charles, you are right about this. I too think that alot of products need to let it be known what extras will be needed to use it. Just an example,when I bought my new ATI Super Damper a few yrs. back,I didn't know until I went to install it that it a BBC pulley pattern. I was so frustrated , I called the tech line and chewed on that poor guy's a$$ so hard he hung up on me. One of many.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 9:19 pm

bigblockfox468 wrote:Sorry for the hi-jack....but how's it all coming along? I kinda got a project happening too. Would like to meet up and check your project out and maybe get some idea's. Let me know.

And now back to the original post....

Good idea cheers

No problem, would'nt mind at all meeting you and sharing ideas, I'll pm you my #.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 9:21 pm

I think we could use this thread to post all of our stories, and then some one could sort through all the info and make a sticky Laughing with all the info put into a more uniform way or by product.

Last edited by deliveredfast on January 29th 2010, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put stinky at first, made myself laugh when I read it)
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 29th 2010, 9:30 pm

I am going to say this ..... WHEN you build a race engine NEVER expect most after market parts to be just a direct bolt on, it is always a good thing to check and research a part if you are going to want to use it.... Shaft rockers are not just a Bolt on, I thought ever body in the human race knew that! these A460 Heads are not set up for them because they were built to use Stud Rockers, if you want to modify them for Shaft it takes work and is not cheap....Thats why I will never run shaft Rockers Studs and a stud girdle in more than adequate

I have built many Engines and it never ceases to amaze me how when you think you have all the tools get ready to buy another cuz you don't......as for the 18 bolt heads what special tool I have Crows foot sockets and allen sockets....

JMHO
Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 29th 2010, 9:39 pm

People do not read the sticky deals much and tend to buy parts from whoever and come here and bitch about the parts they have .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 29th 2010, 9:46 pm

I'll be the ass I guess............. Rolling Eyes

I just got an engine diaper for the smallblock and it fits like shit...no instructions........wtf????????

Got the wife's sewing machine out and fixed the son of a bitch................works like a champ now.

This stuff aint your high-school smallblock chevy bolt on bullshit...............figure stuff out....make it fit..........if you can't pay someone that can..............if you cant afford to do that find a new hobby.

Carry on boys.................. Exclamation
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 10:22 pm

the Coug wrote:I am going to say this ..... WHEN you build a race engine NEVER expect most after market parts to be just a direct bolt on, it is always a good thing to check and research a part if you are going to want to use it.... Shaft rockers are not just a Bolt on, I thought ever body in the human race knew that! these A460 Heads are not set up for them because they were built to use Stud Rockers, if you want to modify them for Shaft it takes work and is not cheap....Thats why I will never run shaft Rockers Studs and a stud girdle in more than adequate

I have built many Engines and it never ceases to amaze me how when you think you have all the tools get ready to buy another cuz you don't......as for the 18 bolt heads what special tool I have Crows foot sockets and allen sockets....

JMHO
Randy

Well I guess I'm not part of the human race then. Until I bought my shaft rockers I had never really seen them before. And I did work every thing out with them. So whats wrong with sharing the infomation to the next guy?

This was just an idea, it is not meant to be the place to bitch about parts. Just some where to find info on what buying and installing certain products would involve before the purchase or after.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 29th 2010, 10:23 pm

richter69 wrote:I'll be the ass I guess............. Rolling Eyes

I just got an engine diaper for the smallblock and it fits like shit...no instructions........wtf????????

Got the wife's sewing machine out and fixed the son of a bitch................works like a champ now.

This stuff aint your high-school smallblock chevy bolt on bullshit...............figure stuff out....make it fit..........if you can't pay someone that can..............if you cant afford to do that find a new hobby.

You missed the point,ALL of you. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 10:28 pm

So if you can't pay some one to do something for you, a person should just give up? B.S on that statement. Thats part of what this site is suppose to be about (sharing knowlegde and experience) Maybe I don't want to pay some body work on my stuff, why can't I gather the info and know how and do it myself?

I did figure my stuff out, so why can't I share the info with others. Some people do not read stickys, I do and if there was a sticky that read some thing like "Things you don't know about the product before you buy" would definitely caught my eye Very Happy
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 10:29 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:

You missed the point,ALL of you. Rolling Eyes

X1000
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 29th 2010, 10:33 pm

Point is....people DO NOT read the sticky stuff much.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 10:38 pm

So if thats how every one feels, why not take the sticky's down. why are they there in the first place if its a waste of time? I really don't care either way it was a suggestion. And since every one is a mind reader on here and you all know that no one read the sticky just forget about it.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 29th 2010, 10:52 pm

There is enough info on this and the old site that there would never have to be another post ever.....but that aint the way it works ......stick it here or there.....the same questions will always be ask . It aint an issue...just the way it is .

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 29th 2010, 11:01 pm

If you think those heads are a bitch to deal with wait until you get to jackin' with that belt drive................. Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 11:10 pm

richter69 wrote:If you think those heads are a bitch to deal with wait until you get to jackin' with that belt drive................. Very Happy

The heads wasn't that much of a problem, but since I'm pretty green when it comes to this real Hi performance stuff I ran into unexpected things hence why I thought of this thread.

As far as the danny bee I read the instructions like 10 time and I have a good understanding of it, but of course I do have questions. Like if the cam is double pinned and the d.b is double pinned, insn't it possible to install the top cam gear 180 out?
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 11:12 pm

Lem Evans wrote:There is enough info on this and the old site that there would never have to be another post ever.....but that aint the way it works ......stick it here or there.....the same questions will always be ask . It aint an issue...just the way it is .

You have a point and I've seen it many times, and it's normally when the same question is asked the lynch mob comes out. At least some of the time.

Last edited by deliveredfast on January 29th 2010, 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 29th 2010, 11:16 pm

Who is the "lench mob" ?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 29th 2010, 11:23 pm

"lynch"
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 11:26 pm

Oh no not the spelling police Shocked
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  deliveredfast January 29th 2010, 11:27 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Who is the "lench mob" ?
I believe it was a old rap group.
deliveredfast
deliveredfast

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 January 29th 2010, 11:28 pm

deliveredfast wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:Who is the "lench mob" ?
I believe it was a old rap group.

yeah but we aint rappers............. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next