BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E-85 Carb question

3 posters

Go down

E-85 Carb question Empty E-85 Carb question

Post  fordguy January 31st 2010, 4:48 pm

I have a chance to buy an Quick fuel E-85 carb thats had about 5 gallons of fuel used in it.My question is can i use race fuel with it and not have to do any mod's to it ? Thanks for any input

fordguy

Back to top Go down

E-85 Carb question Empty Re: E-85 Carb question

Post  BIGDOG466 January 31st 2010, 5:05 pm

Yes, after you change the air bleeds,jets and squirters, they will be aruond 30% richer than a gas carb. Other than that I have one and there wasn't much difference, metering blocks may have some larger emussion holes, but those a threaded and could be changed also.
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain February 1st 2010, 4:36 pm

The carburetor metering package is very different between gas and E-85. You could use those parts and then send it to a competent carburetor builder and have it converted to use gasoline. This will most likely involve changing the bleeds in the body, jets, emulsion leg and the boosters. The well sizing in the blocks might be different too. All of this can be and probably is different than what's needed. Give Bobby Oliver at Competition Carburetion (775 331-5609) a call and see what he has to say. He might say that you'll save money and run better by going to a different carburetor all together.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGDOG466 February 1st 2010, 6:49 pm

I would just by some metering blocks and use it after changing the bleeds and jets, Boosters maybe diff but should work. I may try this with mine this summer.
BIGDOG466
BIGDOG466

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down