BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chevy junk and why

+6
95lightiningguy
torkair
'65 T-BOLT
res0rli9
IcallhimGeorge
jason
10 posters

Go down

chevy junk and why Empty chevy junk and why

Post  jason February 6th 2010, 11:17 pm

Hey guys ! Ive got one for ya . First of all im a fabricator more than an engine guy , all though i can tune my own stuff and get it to run strong. I ve been in this heated debate with this CHEVY STROKE at work he says fords are junk and always have been . I told him chevy never made hp like the cammer or the boss. Im abit down on the history but he couldnt answer that. Why do you guys choose fords and give me some good dirt on the chevy junk cause this guy is a putz ! I will defend the blue oval to the end!!!
jason
jason

Back to top Go down

chevy junk and why Empty Re: chevy junk and why

Post  IcallhimGeorge February 6th 2010, 11:26 pm

Paul does it best....

http://highflowdynamics.com/
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 February 6th 2010, 11:33 pm

IcallhimGeorge wrote:Paul does it best....

X2

you cut a better lite than me.. cheers lol! lol!

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IcallhimGeorge February 6th 2010, 11:37 pm

Ive pissed quite a few chebby guys off with that side by side comparison.

"They still make more power" Sad Sad Sad
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 7th 2010, 12:41 am

res0rli9 wrote:
IcallhimGeorge wrote:Paul does it best....

X2

you cut a better lite than me.. cheers lol! lol!
X3 i was going to suggest Paul's site
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair February 7th 2010, 2:05 am

Fords make more power and are far more reliable than any chevy could hope to be, the only good idea chevy ever had was the HEI module. You're ford can have cracked heads, a half eaten cam, and running on 3 out of 8 cylenders and still get you home before it finally gives up the ghost meanwhile a chevy could be out of time and the rockers backed off a half turn and wont make it 20' to save it's own miserable hide. I've been in both situations and the only time my Ford left me on the side of the road was when the points finally went out. The oil pump went out in my brothers Bronco while he was out offroading (actually got the whole truck up off the ground to boot), drove it home the 15 miles with no pressure before he finally shut it off, I dont think that old 302 is ever gonna run again saddly.
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy February 7th 2010, 4:29 am

I bought my 95 f150 3 years ago with a 300 i6 and 5 spd and a friend who is a chebby guy told me it wouldnt run another week because it only had 5 lbs of pressure at the filter. I told him as long as I had that press and 190* temp i would drive that truck till his silverado died Shocked It did 2 weeks later and I still drive the Ford to work twice a week just to rub it in. He still wont admit my Ford is better than his chebby. He gives me dirty looks everytime I drive by his house. Razz lol!
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  t120r February 7th 2010, 5:54 am

Chevy had one good thing that ford never: A common bellhousing. To go from a smallblock to a big block is a bolt in Job on a chevy, but with our fords it's a tranny swap as well. That being said I have 3 spare tranny's now. hehehe.

t120r

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 7th 2010, 10:31 am

I could never figure out why Chevrolet decided it was a good idea to screw the cylinder head bolts into the wimpy DECK of the block....and into a GD WATER JACKET to boot. If the threads are in really good shape, you'll only distort the deck when you torque 'em. If they're a little corroded from years in a water jacket, you'll just pull the threads out of the block. If it happens on the night before race day, you'll likely hyperextend your vocabulary. Cleaning corroded threads in advance with with a chaser does NOT help. Check those threads carefully before you buy a Chevy block......and if you still buy it, you need a checkup from the neck up.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 7th 2010, 10:52 am

but the nice thing abouta Chevy is you can go to any parts store, walmart, dollar general, 7/11 and get parts for them everyone has parts for that junk.....and a Chevy you only need a 1/2, 9/16, and a 5/8 wrench and you can just about over haul one.... I do wish the people at Ford would have used a comon Bellhousing on all engines...

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick February 7th 2010, 10:57 am

the Coug wrote:but the nice thing abouta Chevy is you can go to any parts store, walmart, dollar general, 7/11 and get parts for them everyone has parts for that junk.....and a Chevy you only need a 1/2, 9/16, and a 5/8 wrench and you can just about over haul one.... I do wish the people at Ford would have used a comon Bellhousing on all engines...

Randy

You only need those three wrenches because that's all the GM engineers had when they built the first one. Laughing
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 7th 2010, 11:20 am

In the early years I think Chevy's had a advantage over the Ford, simply because of aftermarket parts. Every swingin dick in the country was building aftermarket heads, smallblock blocks etc. and for some reason the aftermarket scene didn't get rolling for Ford until the Fox body Mustang came to the forefront and got the ball rolling. And even now You have lots more company's building parts for GM than anyone else. But i've alway's been for the underdog. Thats why i'm pulling for the Saints today. Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jason February 9th 2010, 2:03 am

yeah paul said it ..... The guy at work is pissed and has nothing to say. GOOD s@#$!!!
jason
jason

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down