BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

+19
Maddmattmustangs
56Tbird
bruno
jbozzelle
billandlori
Diggindeeper
73f100shortbox557SCJ
Darrin Gorham
Bsherry
'65 T-BOLT
whatbumper
D. Sea
windsor
bigblockfox468
bbf-falcon
the Coug
83-88T-Bird Guy
res0rli9
ThndrChkn
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Empty SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 10:12 am

This is what I do in the winter months, when I don't feel like workin' on my truck.

I built this rifle about a month ago. It's a .300 WSM necked down to accept a .264 dia. bullet. Appropriately dubbed the 6.5 WSM. Topped with a Leupold 4.5-14x40 scope, this thing's a tack driver.
SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Cid__0222000643

I took it out last week to do the barrel break-in, and shot this group.
SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Cid__0208000936

Then I took it out yesterday and shot this group.
SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Cid__0221001729

I'm thinking, I'm actually gonna start building and selling these rifles, 'cause I can do most of it right here at home. I'm gonna market them as Long Range Hunter's. So, whatcha guys think? I know some of you guys are into this kind of stuff. Who knows, if it takes off, I can fund my racin' project(s). Idea Idea

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Empty Re: SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

Post  res0rli9 February 22nd 2010, 10:17 am

Doug how you gona make that 1,000yrd shot with a wide group like that. lol! lol! lol!

just kidding.. good job....good luck on your sales.

Keith

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Empty Re: SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 22nd 2010, 10:26 am

" SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? "

I make these.... Very Happy

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Buick455redcoverwithchromejpg-1
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 22nd 2010, 10:30 am

don't need no Cannon to shoot 1000 yards + I did it with my 25-06 with a 1187 yard shot, and it doesn't beat your shoulder to pieces....The thing is if you can't see it you can't kill it..... thats why I shoot 6x24x50 or 8x32x50 mm scopes. I want to be able to count eyelashes at 300 yards....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 10:34 am

Thanks Keith.

About 4 or 5 years ago, I was out testing a rifle I just built in .300 Remington Ultra Mag. The guy that lets me use his property to shoot pulled up as I was nearing the end of my session, and asked a very similar question. About the same level of sarcasm as well. Laughing Laughing I told him I had a couple shots left, and that I was gonna try them at 1000 yds., and he asked where my target was. I told him it was already sitting at the 1000 yd. marker. He looked, and with the naked eye, he could barely see it. A full 8'x4' sheet of plywood, and a target that consisted of only a 4" flourescent orange dot. He again with great sarcasm, stated, "I gotta see this." So, I laid down, got comfy, and squeezed off the last 2 shots I had. We took his truck up to get the target, and when we got there, he could completely cover the 2 holes with the bottom of his soda can. To say that he was slightly impressed would be highly understated. Wink I wish I had that target to show you, but it went with the rifle when I donated it to a charity auction for a local college football player that had leukemia.

That's my slogan for selling these. "We Aim to Please."

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 10:38 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:" SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? "

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Buick455redcoverwithchromejpg-1

Those look cool. And they fit well enough that they don't garb up the valve covers.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 February 22nd 2010, 10:45 am

the Coug wrote:don't need no Cannon to shoot 1000 yards + I did it with my 25-06 with a 1187 yard shot, and it doesn't beat your shoulder to pieces....The thing is if you can't see it you can't kill it..... thats why I shoot 6x24x50 or 8x32x50 mm scopes. I want to be able to count eyelashes at 300 yards....

Randy

Coug.... we all know you ant looking at the eyelashes affraid cheers

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 22nd 2010, 12:31 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:" SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? "

I need one of those 4 a BBF oil pan Exclamation

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 February 22nd 2010, 12:38 pm

Right now? Shoveling f-ing snow.... Evil or Very Mad were getting slamed Mad . Can't complain too much it's only been our 3rd hit so far this winter Neutral .

Seriously though, I stay pretty busy. I have a full time job and a part time job at power (lawn) equipment shop to make extra $ for my need for speed addiction. My family lives 2 hrs north and I go up there to visit, hunt and help my Dad with wood (he burns wood for heat). Smile

Last edited by bigblockfox468 on February 22nd 2010, 12:56 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : can't spell, brain freeze from the snow)
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor February 22nd 2010, 12:38 pm

nice group at 300!

oh, and I live overseas and my junk is back home... so basically, when I'm not working on my junk, I'm just working or hanging out with the family.
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 1:10 pm

windsor wrote:nice group at 300!

oh, and I live overseas and my junk is back home... so basically, when I'm not working on my junk, I'm just working or hanging out with the family.

Thanks. Both for the compliment, and your service to this great nation.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea February 22nd 2010, 1:19 pm

Chillin' in the Man Cave or hanging out with the Family. I have so many interests, the list would be a mile long What a Face

I too am into firearms etc... I need to finish my 'shooting range' out at the shop. I started on it last Fall but haven't dug out the pit yet.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 22nd 2010, 2:45 pm

[quote="bbf-falcon"]

I need one of those 4 a BBF oil pan Exclamation

Funny you should say that. I am working on the tooling for the 460 oil pan clamps. One side was a piece of cake. Very Happy The other side is alot harder.

As soon as the design is ready for production, I'll post on this board.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 22nd 2010, 2:58 pm

Farm and teach high school. I used to coach hs football also. What is this stuff some guys call "free time"?

Watch a lot of UFC also. Gives us a reason to eat good. Love that BBQ, stuffed jalapeno's, and smoked biscuits (if you have to ask what that is, then you have never had the greatest bread on earth).

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor February 22nd 2010, 5:17 pm

whatbumper wrote: and smoked biscuits

what is that?

Very Happy

(seriously, what is it?)
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 22nd 2010, 6:07 pm

I hang out at the gym! Since December 9,09. I lost 41 pounds! to date. I started this journey Thanksgiving 2008 at 335 pounds. I was up and down for a year! then decided to get serious last December. I currently weigh 268, my goal by the end of the year...200 lbs......My first day back in the garage was this past Sunday from November of 09. Need to get the shit together, working on the BBF 65 Fairlane for the street and the car in my avatar, the other 65.
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? Empty Hunter or Hunted????

Post  Bsherry February 22nd 2010, 7:01 pm

Doug,

You don't want to come over here, the "game" will hunt you!!! Very Happy

http://news300.info/2010/02/20/tiger-mauls-two-horses-in-vladivostok/

Bruce
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 8:30 pm

Bsherry wrote:Doug,

You don't want to come over here, the "game" will hunt you!!! Very Happy

http://news300.info/2010/02/20/tiger-mauls-two-horses-in-vladivostok/

Bruce

OOOH YEEEAH? I've always wanted to hunt one of the "Big Cats." Since those kind aren't in the budget, I'll have to settle for our Mountain Lions.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Darrin Gorham February 22nd 2010, 8:49 pm

Doug , who makes your barrels?

Darrin Gorham

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ February 22nd 2010, 8:55 pm

Cool stuff everyone, good lookin 700, (I think anyways, i cant tell, maybe a savage?) doug, il have to get some picks of my toys (Guns) lol in a while. as for the tiger deal, I would never shoot a tiger personally, theres just not enough left to be shootin em. but i would love a big lion. the american variety anyways. I have a good buddy in libby who could hook me up but i jsut dont have the time like i want.

Smile

Last edited by 73f100shortbox557SCJ on February 22nd 2010, 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cant spell anything lately)
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 22nd 2010, 9:22 pm

When I'm not workin on my junk,i'm working in the shop on someone else's junk to buy more parts for my junk Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Bsherry February 22nd 2010, 9:29 pm

73f100shortbox557SCJ wrote:Cool stuff everyone, good lookin 700, (I think anyways, i cant tell, maybe a savage?) doug, il have to get some picks of my toys (Guns) lol in a while. as for the tiger deal, I would never shoot a tiger personally, theres just not enough left to be shootin em. but i would love a big lion. the american variety anyways. I have a good buddy in libby who could hook me up but i jsut dont have the time like i want.

Smile

Your right about there not being enough Tigers! Populations here in Russia are down 40%; mostly due to lack of food, very harsh winters, and people building into the Tiger's wilderness areas. Vladivostok is having a worldwide summit in September to discuss ways to save the Tiger. We even invited Harrison Ford to come speak on behalf of the World Wildlife Federation; they are running the save the Tiger campaign.

We also contacted ExxonMobil to see if they would be interested in supporting the campaign; when I was a kid every Esso commerical had a Tiger jumping out of an engine bay or gas tank Very Happy

Bruce
Bsherry
Bsherry
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 10:08 pm

Darrin Gorham wrote:Doug , who makes your barrels?

Hey Darrin, I get all of my barrels from Douglas. (Of all people) Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn February 22nd 2010, 10:23 pm

73f100shortbox557SCJ wrote:Cool stuff everyone, good lookin 700, (I think anyways, i cant tell, maybe a savage?) doug, il have to get some picks of my toys (Guns) lol in a while. as for the tiger deal, I would never shoot a tiger personally, theres just not enough left to be shootin em. but i would love a big lion. the american variety anyways. I have a good buddy in libby who could hook me up but i jsut dont have the time like i want.

Smile

700? EEEEW! I shoot only Savage rifles. Wink They ARE without a doubt the most accurate rifle you can buy out of the box. Remington knows it, Ruger, Winchester, yada yada yada. And Savage backs it up. They recently sponsored the American Palma rifle team when they went to England (IIRC) and they stole the show, with the top shooters all shooting Savages. I like them because they're affordable, and made with the heart and soul of the employees that work there. And if you desire to build a custom gun, they work just fine. As you can see. Very Happy Cool I wouldn't shoot a Tiger for the reasons you mentioned above, but I'll take ANY of the others. Wink Very Happy

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ February 22nd 2010, 11:15 pm

Aww come on now dont be hatin on the remi!!.. i had a feeling that bolt said savage on it in the black letters lol.

I had a 110 Sad but to be honest i wasnt pleased at all, i went immediately back to remis as soon as i could, the quality on the remis just feels better imo. And that savage did shoot decent with the loads i fed it but i had 6 700's that all shot better. hehe! that savage was a 270 win. it was traded for,,,what else, a new model 7 cdl in 300 wsm. beautiful little gun, great elk gun for long hikes in the high country, its light as a feather also.
Now savages rimfires are a little different, I now own 2 93R17's and those suckers shoot 1 3/4" groups at 175yds on a super calm day. great pdog guns.
but in the end, its Remingtons for life here.

Last edited by 73f100shortbox557SCJ on February 22nd 2010, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forghot to mention the savages I do like, ;))
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next