BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

+19
Maddmattmustangs
56Tbird
bruno
jbozzelle
billandlori
Diggindeeper
73f100shortbox557SCJ
Darrin Gorham
Bsherry
'65 T-BOLT
whatbumper
D. Sea
windsor
bigblockfox468
bbf-falcon
the Coug
83-88T-Bird Guy
res0rli9
ThndrChkn
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Empty Re: SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

Post  Diggindeeper February 22nd 2010, 11:31 pm

When i'm not working on my junk........
I wire stuff...Anything and everything. I work in industrial areas, mines, commercial, and residential stuff..i have an unlimited license so it keeps the doors open for me during the tough times. Right now its been mostly residential stuff and a light commercial keepin us going.. But we're starting a mine job next month, and have another mine job in the works... I hope we get it cause the paychecks about double once i go underground.
when i'm not doing that 8-5, i renovate my house. Its a PITA, it was a complete gut, but now is starting to get down to being totally finished inside. 2 rooms left to paint, and the bathroom to do... come spring i should be done inside and ready for doing the siding...
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Empty Re: SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk?

Post  the Coug February 23rd 2010, 8:27 am

Doug likes Savages and I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me....I worked on one a while back and WTF Shocked

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 23rd 2010, 10:42 am

windsor wrote:
whatbumper wrote: and smoked biscuits

what is that?

Very Happy

(seriously, what is it?)

It is when you cook a can of biscuits on the grill while cooking the other stuff. You just put it in foil. They are pretty good. They have the flavor of the smoke and the meats that are being cooked.

You just cook them until their done just like in the oven but keep an eye on them or the dry out. Takes practice but when you figure it out everyone whats them.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  73f100shortbox557SCJ February 23rd 2010, 9:23 pm

[quote]Doug likes Savages and I wouldn't have one if you gave it to me....I worked on one a while back and WTF

Randy

amen to that.....lol Laughing
73f100shortbox557SCJ
73f100shortbox557SCJ

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori February 23rd 2010, 10:45 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:I hang out at the gym! Since December 9,09. I lost 41 pounds! to date. I started this journey Thanksgiving 2008 at 335 pounds. I was up and down for a year! then decided to get serious last December. I currently weigh 268, my goal by the end of the year...200 lbs......My first day back in the garage was this past Sunday from November of 09. Need to get the shit together, working on the BBF 65 Fairlane for the street and the car in my avatar, the other 65.

Good deal T-Bolt!! That's a bunch of lbs to get rid of!! Car will be faster too!!!

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 23rd 2010, 11:17 pm

Thanks Bill! me and the car needs a lot of help!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 23rd 2010, 11:29 pm

For the first time in my life football took precedence over racing.... Those damn Saints had me all distracted on the weekends the last year. Now that the Superbowl's over and I cleaned the garage, I plan to work on the car again starting this weekend...

It's along shot, but I'm going balls out to try and make it to the Bash! I think the cash will be tight, but the major investment (the heads) are already bought. It's just up to the little things now.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT February 24th 2010, 6:14 am

Good luck! the little things add up quickly!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno February 24th 2010, 7:51 am

good luck John ...........when are you and Renee coming to pick up this sb Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird February 24th 2010, 9:17 am

I'm always working on my junk Rolling Eyes king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 24th 2010, 11:07 am

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:" SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? "

I make these.... Very Happy

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Buick455redcoverwithchromejpg-1

Not trying to sound stupid but what function do these serve? are they suposed to distribute the load better from each bolt on the gasket?
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  chuck stevens February 24th 2010, 1:50 pm

'Ah've been known to build a few 1911 style .45's. Mainly carry pieces plus the occasional wide body. I don't shoot as much as I used to, it's a furr piece to the nearest range...now. Less fun since I got rid of the Barret 50. Smile

chuck stevens

http://E-MAIL= stevensracingent@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 24th 2010, 11:17 pm

56Tbird wrote:I'm always working on my junk Rolling Eyes king

For some reason this sounds perverted... Shocked

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle February 24th 2010, 11:18 pm

bruno wrote:good luck John ...........when are you and Renee coming to pick up this sb Wink

I'll have to check. Maybe this weekend. I know he had drill last weekend.. I plan to make the trip with him if it's on the weekend.

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug February 24th 2010, 11:42 pm

56Tbird wrote:I'm always working on my procomp junk Rolling Eyes queen

56Tbird wrote:I'm always working on my procomp junk Rolling Eyes jocolor

Here Danno I fixed it for you....

hehehe Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jesse February 25th 2010, 12:00 am

when i am not in the shop
most of my down time is spent with the famly
3 kids 1-2-4 keepin my busy
but we mostly are in the shop every night
kids and all
i put a tv dvd player out there
pop in a movie for the kids and work on something
i also like to bow hunt and fish
but for the most part truck pulling and messing with motors
is our passion
o yea and dont mind havin a beer once and awile
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy February 25th 2010, 10:05 am

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:" SSSOOOOOO. What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? "

SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Buick455redcoverwithchromejpg-1

Not trying to sound stupid but what function do these serve? are they suposed to distribute the load better from each bolt on the gasket?

Exactly....they eliminate flange distortion and provide equal distribution of the clamping pressures all the way around the cover, not just a few inches on each side of the bolts.
This allows for an instant gasket seal when the bolts are tightened and eliminates the need for messy gasket sealer. SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Icon_cheers

No more leaks and no more need for expensive steel shimmed gaskets to prevent blowouts. SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 25th 2010, 10:51 am

[quote="83-88T-Bird Guy"]
Maddmattmustangs wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:"

Exactly....they eliminate flange distortion and provide equal distribution of the clamping pressures all the way around the cover, not just a few inches on each side of the bolts.
This allows for an instant gasket seal when the bolts are tightened and eliminates the need for messy gasket sealer. SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Icon_cheers

No more leaks and no more need for expensive steel shimmed gaskets to prevent blowouts. SSSOOOOOO.  What do you guys do when you're not workin' on your junk? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Hmm im all for not messing around with that gasket sealer cheers
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  paulie9fingers February 25th 2010, 11:12 am

bbf-falcon wrote:

I need one of those 4 a BBF oil pan Exclamation

I have a set of factory units that mirror the pan rail that work really well, they are about 3/16" thick, I'll have to see if there is a part number on them, sure there is.

. . . if I'm not working on my cars (or a friends), I'm at work as an Electrical Contractor, working on things around the house, relaxing with a cold beer or sleeping (sometimes the beer thing overlaps into the other stuff Laughing ).
paulie9fingers
paulie9fingers

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 1st 2010, 11:29 pm

if not working on mine, then someone else's,lol this week has been crazy...
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2