BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone ever get tired of getting beat down?

+23
kens68stang
QtrWarrior
665 falcon
uf63
Diggindeeper
DILLIGASDAVE
DFI429
bbf-falcon
bigblockfox468
blown473
capri-sun
D's557BBF
dr's wife racing
jesse
Curt
whatbumper
the1969fordguyinky
richter69
jones
bruno
342g
blown86hallet
Maddmattmustangs
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anyone ever get tired of getting beat down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone ever get tired of getting beat down?

Post  capri-sun February 27th 2010, 1:22 pm

yea ,, go to the bullet ,, where the weak are killed and eaten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol! lol! lol! ,,you better have thick skin if you wanna post something stupid over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geek geek geek
capri-sun
capri-sun

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever get tired of getting beat down? - Page 2 Empty Key board beat downs

Post  blown473 February 27th 2010, 2:27 pm

Bruno and I have had this discussion. Drag racing is supposed to be the sport of gentlemen not "Jerry Springer" or the drama of helmet throwing Nascar. We come hear to both teach and learn, and theres alot of genius out there. Ford Racers need to stick together and help one another, we get enough bs from the competition already. We pay more to go fast, but will do it because we love our brand and believe in it. This younger generation in many ways has been robbed by our education system, out here in CA. almost ZERO high schools offer auto shop anymore. Our educators think everyones going to go to college and no one has any interest in working with their hands anymore. So many people coming on to the forum have little knowledge on engines, chassis, etc. So we do them a big favor and beat them up. We should be ashamed. This is why we are not called "The greatest generation" We need to step back and think before we speak. There was a time when all of us knew zip... Greg blown473
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever get tired of getting beat down? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anyone ever get tired of getting beat down?

Post  jesse February 27th 2010, 2:43 pm

well said blown473

i gotta be honest if i were a newbi
and came on here i dont think i would stick around
jesse
jesse

Back to top Go down

Post  bigblockfox468 February 27th 2010, 5:39 pm

Well don't let it stop you or affect you any way at all. How's that song go?

I get knocked down
I get up again ain't nobody gonna keep me down

Toughen up Shocked Smile Wink
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g February 27th 2010, 7:53 pm

blown473 wrote:Bruno and I have had this discussion. Drag racing is supposed to be the sport of gentlemen not "Jerry Springer" or the drama of helmet throwing Nascar. We come hear to both teach and learn, and theres alot of genius out there. Ford Racers need to stick together and help one another, we get enough bs from the competition already. We pay more to go fast, but will do it because we love our brand and believe in it. This younger generation in many ways has been robbed by our education system, out here in CA. almost ZERO high schools offer auto shop anymore. Our educators think everyones going to go to college and no one has any interest in working with their hands anymore. So many people coming on to the forum have little knowledge on engines, chassis, etc. So we do them a big favor and beat them up. We should be ashamed. This is why we are not called "The greatest generation" We need to step back and think before we speak. There was a time when all of us knew zip... Greg blown473

Very well said.

I think I read a couple of the posts he got crap on, it was uncalled for. just my $.02
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 27th 2010, 8:25 pm

It seems to make some people feel bigger or more important to belittle or cut others Sad never could see that Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  DFI429 February 27th 2010, 9:50 pm

blown473 wrote:...This younger generation in many ways has been robbed by our education system, out here in CA. almost ZERO high schools offer auto shop anymore. Our educators think everyones going to go to college and no one has any interest in working with their hands anymore. So many people coming on to the forum have little knowledge on engines, chassis, etc...

Being one of the "younger guys", I agree from experience...

The Technical High School (Voc) I went to was young, only a few years old when I came along as a freshman. Having the technical/mechanical itch, I realized the potential there so I jumped right in, along with a few other like-minded buddies. We had all the major trades, with awesome facilities to utilize...

Except, unfortunately, my school slowly became more and more victimized by the "less fortunate inner-city youth", who saw the school as an "easy out", instead of the awesome opportunity it was... Rolling Eyes
DFI429
DFI429

http://home.comcast.net/~dfi429/

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE February 27th 2010, 11:32 pm

Not taking sides here, (and I'm much too lazy to search out the thread(s) in question so I have no idea who's involved) but is it possible you might be confusing the way someone just normally is (or them just goofing around) vs them actually truly hammering on you?

Just throwing it out there.

And yes, for comparison visit yellowbullet if you really want to see what Wolves circling the kill looks like. Talk about a real beat down some of them guys get.....ouch!
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 27th 2010, 11:36 pm

I think the Coug was just being himself, the poster obviously does not know how to take the Coug and got all bent.

We can all be assholes on the internet, some are better at it that others...........point is in real life we may not be as bad as you think.

Now where is my mullet headed fu..........I mean friend Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 27th 2010, 11:57 pm

yea i know. I tend to get "bent" kinda easily.
Im going to hang in there though. Im waaaay to stubborn to give up. Very Happy
Cant help the young part or the broke part. paying for school (Machanics and welding) and my Fiancee tend to keep me really tied up money wise. Thats why i came here so i can get this right the first time.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Diggindeeper February 28th 2010, 1:33 am

Thats good that you're stickin around. Some come off crabby but generally have good info to share, One in particular runs his mouth, shit talks, and knows 7/9ths of f*$k all. I havnt seen him around in a while, I think something must have happened while i was away for a couple of weeks in january.
Diggindeeper
Diggindeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  uf63 February 28th 2010, 2:12 am

It should be mandatory to go on he Bullet for one week in the trash or be trashed form. and tell'm your newb. You'll run for this site. i don't where they find these freaks but it is something to behold. 429-460 has some the best helper's all around good folk any where on the web they have walked the walk. cheers
uf63
uf63

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon February 28th 2010, 9:16 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:yea i know. I tend to get "bent" kinda easily.
Cant help the young part or the broke part. paying for school (Machanics and welding) and my Fiancee tend to keep me really tied up money wise. Thats why i came here so i can get this right the first time.

Hey Matt, personally i think it is pretty cool that a 19 year old that is running 73 stang, looking to build a 557 is alright in my book. Cool Cool Cool Cool .Its alot better than running a cammry with a fart can Laughing
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon February 28th 2010, 9:55 pm

665 falcon wrote:

Hey Matt, personally i think it is pretty cool that a 19 year old that is running 73 stang, looking to build a 557 is alright in my book. Cool Cool Cool Cool .Its alot better than running a cammry with a fart can Laughing

X2, glad you are here Matt Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior February 28th 2010, 10:00 pm

blown473 wrote:Bruno and I have had this discussion. Drag racing is supposed to be the sport of gentlemen not "Jerry Springer" or the drama of helmet throwing Nascar. We come hear to both teach and learn, and theres alot of genius out there. Ford Racers need to stick together and help one another, we get enough bs from the competition already. We pay more to go fast, but will do it because we love our brand and believe in it. This younger generation in many ways has been robbed by our education system, out here in CA. almost ZERO high schools offer auto shop anymore. Our educators think everyones going to go to college and no one has any interest in working with their hands anymore. So many people coming on to the forum have little knowledge on engines, chassis, etc. So we do them a big favor and beat them up. We should be ashamed. This is why we are not called "The greatest generation" We need to step back and think before we speak. There was a time when all of us knew zip... Greg blown473

QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 February 28th 2010, 10:01 pm

I think its a good thing the kid is here, and after all it aint like he's building a ricer...............

Build what you can afford, don't go and use credit cards or loans to do this stuff, no matter how tempting.

Its always a work in progress................ Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  kens68stang February 28th 2010, 11:09 pm

Thats a very good point Jon. I'm 46 yrs. old an I'm still begging, bartering an horse tradin cars an parts!! But its paid for an its fun!!

kens68stang

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 28th 2010, 11:38 pm

665 falcon wrote:

Amen. i CANNOT stand the pissed off bumble bee sound. gives me a headache Cool
Ive always liked the 73 model year for some reason i have no idea why. Maybe its because you can get inside the engine compartment
lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs February 28th 2010, 11:39 pm

richter69 wrote:I think its a good thing the kid is here, and after all it aint like he's building a ricer...............

Build what you can afford, don't go and use credit cards or loans to do this stuff, no matter how tempting.

I already have payments on school no way im taking out a loan Smile
I dont like ricers they tend to be cocky in general cheers
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 1st 2010, 12:41 am

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
richter69 wrote:I think its a good thing the kid is here, and after all it aint like he's building a ricer...............

I already have payments on school no way im taking out a loan Smile
I dont like ricers they tend to be cocky in general cheers

Yea, plus they wear their pants too low. Very Happy
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 1st 2010, 10:30 am

342g wrote:

I thinks its for when there prison buddys come home..... easy acess lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Tony M March 1st 2010, 3:29 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
342g wrote:

I thinks its for when there prison buddys come home..... easy acess lol!

Agreed. I used to have crew shirts that had my slogan " YOUR IMPORT SUCKS ! on the back of them. Got some sponsor money last year and removed the slogan for the sake of profesionalism. I think its going back on the new shirts this year. Twisted Evil
Tony M
Tony M

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs March 1st 2010, 6:27 pm

Nice!

I do have a confession though, i do drive a 1996 civic but its because it gets good gas mileage. affraid
the thing wont get up and move for its LIFE. (i think my best 0-60 was 9 seconds) Surprised
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 1st 2010, 6:52 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Nice!

I do have a confession though, i do drive a 1996 civic but its because it gets good gas mileage. affraid
the thing wont get up and move for its LIFE. (i think my best 0-60 was 9 seconds) Surprised

Well, Very Happy pull your pants up. Laughing
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  GT300TD March 1st 2010, 7:13 pm

Well, maybe since your main interest IS a Ford and you ARE young, but only if you keep your pants up, this can be overlooked!

GT300TD
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next