BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lateral limiter bars

5 posters

Go down

Lateral limiter bars Empty Lateral limiter bars

Post  bigblockfox468 March 7th 2010, 10:19 am

My fabricator buddy and I are doing the front and mid-plate installation on my car. Have a question on the limiter bars. Is there really a need to have these adjustable? We don't see why scratch . Once the engine and trans are situated and comfy in their position the bars just control the forward and rear movement, right?
bigblockfox468
bigblockfox468
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Lateral limiter bars Empty Re: Lateral limiter bars

Post  richter69 March 7th 2010, 12:54 pm

they dont have to be adj, its just the norm to make them out of material that is adj.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  longroofracer March 7th 2010, 2:20 pm

richter69 wrote:they dont have to be adj, its just the norm to make them out of material that is adj.

It would be better to make them adjustable than to hog out holes if things don't fit exactly as you had hoped and measured. What fits on one car will likely be slightly different on another due to tolerances and such.
longroofracer
longroofracer

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 7th 2010, 7:04 pm

We always just make our own and they are never adjustable. We just tack them while in the car and take it out and finish weld it. I see no reason to make them adjustable, you are right they just limit front to rear movement.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE March 7th 2010, 10:01 pm

Having at least one end of the limiters adjustable when using 1/4" aluminum for both the front & mid plates can sometimes come in handy on a new/fresh chassis as everything settles after the first few initial passes. And can also be handy when different engines used might not have the block bosses drilled/threaded in 100% exactly the same spot block to block.

But having the limiters adjustable might not really be necessary when a thinner steel mid plate is used since you can usually push/pull the assembly forward & back a lot farther by hand to line up the bolt holes.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 8th 2010, 10:56 am

Well, I agree with DILLIGASDAVE about different motors and the holes being a ilttle off. I guess that would be a reason to make it adjustable.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down