BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheelie bars

+22
whatbumper
Curt
Lonewolf1970
QtrWarrior
badnotch
342g
KY JELLY
511Fox
DILLIGASDAVE
cletus66
Greg_P
Doug Rahn
bbf-falcon
cool40
Nevs
richter69
'65 T-BOLT
Barney
blown473
jbozzelle
bruno
Lem Evans
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wheelie bars - Page 2 Empty Re: Wheelie bars

Post  bruno March 15th 2010, 9:36 pm

KY JELLY wrote:There is nothing wrong with big tires , its just that this younger generation can't cut a light and make a car run consistent so they think they have an advantage by running heads up Very Happy .

Then what happens is they get on the internet and argue about rules because they don't fit their car to a tee lol!

run what ya brung or bracket race don't whine about rules scratch

who's whining .... the big tire guys are boo whooing !!!! bunch of babies

new rules

true 10.5 men .... vs the big tire biatches Twisted Evil

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 15th 2010, 9:36 pm

oh yeah and w's still dont count !!!

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior March 15th 2010, 9:42 pm

KY JELLY wrote:There is nothing wrong with big tires , its just that this younger generation can't cut a light and make a car run consistent so they think they have an advantage by running heads up Very Happy .

Then what happens is they get on the internet and argue about rules because they don't fit their car to a tee lol!

run what ya brung or bracket race don't whine about rules scratch

AMEN !!!
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 15th 2010, 9:43 pm

amen ...whatever .... you better sell that chicken on a stick and buy you a door car ole man Shocked ........

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior March 15th 2010, 9:59 pm

Why Bruno ?? I own 2 and both are faster then yours and probably only 1/2 the cost ?? Cool
Besides, Doug said I could race his anytime I wanted.. At the BASH..Lane 5 biotch..

Keep talking smack, and I sic the old lady on ya... How many cars do ya want her to spot ya ?? What a Face Shocked

Last edited by QtrWarrior on March 15th 2010, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 March 15th 2010, 10:04 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Wheelie bars - Page 2 Wheelstand
The guy that drives this car thinks that is it is a matter of time before one of this deals get over the wall and hurts someone...call'em sissy bars if you wish Rolling Eyes
I have to agree with THE KID on that.They do need the wheelie bars on those cars!!Just think how fast they would go if they can keep the front end down.....8:30s Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Chuck
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonewolf1970 March 15th 2010, 10:08 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:Why Bruno ?? I own 2 and both are faster then yours and probably only 1/2 the cost ?? Cool
Besides, Doug said I could race his anytime I wanted.. At the BASH..Lane 5 biotch..

Keep talking smack, and I sic the old lady on ya... How many cars do ya want here to spot ya ?? What a Face Shocked
Look out Nicky she is one not too mess with.....Trust me!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Lonewolf1970
Lonewolf1970

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 15th 2010, 10:17 pm

cletus66 wrote:I forgot to mention. Them Top Fuelers got a wheely thingy too !!!!!!!!!!!! So I have officially agreed with Lem.
You are the only guy that got it....not a tuning device....safety device.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 16th 2010, 7:33 pm

I hear Craig needs a wheelie bar and a diaper change. cheers
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 16th 2010, 7:38 pm

Seems I recall the last time out the Nickster had to pedal it due to the shytty non W tires hooking so hard and it had no wheelie bars...............just as long as there was a huge crowd then who gives a turkey????? Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 16th 2010, 10:41 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
cletus66 wrote:I forgot to mention. Them Top Fuelers got a wheely thingy too !!!!!!!!!!!! So I have officially agreed with Lem.
The safety devices on fuel cars do not look like those....if anyone wants to find the pic of KY's wild ride with bent/broken training wheesl...have at it .

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno March 16th 2010, 10:47 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
The safety devices on fuel cars do not look like those....if anyone wants to find the pic of KY's wild ride with bent/broken training wheesl...have at it .

he should have changed the springs .................................. in the dizzy Wink

www.bfevansraceparts.com
bruno
bruno

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans March 16th 2010, 10:53 pm

The heavy ones could have kept the front end down Wink

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt March 17th 2010, 9:41 am

Craigs showing of "we don't need no stinking wheelie bars"

Craigs Wheelie
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon March 17th 2010, 9:46 am

That was Cool . If pretzel sticks all did wheelies like that they would'nt be so boring to watch. (Nice pass) Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY March 17th 2010, 9:57 am

management comes from the right foot Nick , sometimes it gets over aggressive though lol!

My stuff is for running full tilt I am not putting a governor on my engine and that includes chicken shit 10.5 tires lol!

If it won't drag the chute cord occasionally and make the spectators scramble in the stands every now and then it don't have enough power Razz

Wheelie bars - Page 2 Bgwheelie
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  342g March 17th 2010, 5:17 pm

KY JELLY wrote:management comes from the right foot Nick , sometimes it gets over aggressive though lol!

My stuff is for running full tilt I am not putting a governor on my engine and that includes chicken shit 10.5 tires lol!

If it won't drag the chute cord occasionally and make the spectators scramble in the stands every now and then it don't have enough power Razz

That's a beautiful picture. affraid affraid cheers
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney March 17th 2010, 9:48 pm

richter69 wrote:Seems I recall the last time out the Nickster had to pedal it due to the shytty non W tires hooking so hard and it had no wheelie bars...............just as long as there was a huge crowd then who gives a turkey????? Very Happy
I find that lifting and peddaling is the worst thing to do when the cars that high up. I just grab second, let it hit the air pan on the rear bumper and it comes back down gracefully. Fenders are cheaper than oil pans, headers, and suspension components. But I only say that after putting the bars back on the car. The first time my car did it without bars I peed a little. Small tires are for guys that feel the need to say "Id run the # if"... just sayin.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 18th 2010, 3:49 pm

KY JELLY wrote:management comes from the right foot Nick , sometimes it gets over aggressive though lol!

I have a hard time seeing anything good about that pass. Don't you run a 4 link rear? Why do all of your pics have the front that high?

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 18th 2010, 3:53 pm

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
bruno wrote:......one word again **** MANAGEMENT **** can everyone say it with me MANAGEMENT Razz

Are you sure them faster 3000lb small tire no wheelie bar turbo cars running low 4's aren't using the Davis traction/wheel stand controller for "MANAGEMENT" instead of a wheelie bar? Call it what you want but ANYTHING adjustable on a race car is a "crutch" in one form or another to help the driver get the car down the track better. Doesn't matter if it's adjusted/set before the pass, or it adjusts it's self during the pass, it's still a crutch of some sort. But on the "crutch" scale, real time self-adjusting automated controllers for traction, boost, nitrous, etc are way more of a "crutch" than wheelie bars will ever be.

Wolfe does NOT run one of those traction devices. As a matter of fact the only power management he used in the passes in Brunos post was the boost controller. According to Wolfe and GMac, they didn't even adjust the timing. It was locked out and they just controlled the boost.

That's what great about too much power is that you can back off a little at the line and bring it on faster.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Wheelie bars - Page 2 Empty Bigger Is Better?

Post  511Fox March 18th 2010, 5:19 pm

In almost everything else isn't the Consensus " BIgger Is Better" Question

Granted 'Ya'll can rightly say I don't hava Dog in this Here Hunt. Laughing Razz

YA that's true just playing the Devil's Advocate. Twisted Evil

31X16.5-18.5X15 sounds better to me than 26X10.5X15. Shocked Razz

511Fox

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice March 18th 2010, 5:42 pm

Lem, Lem, Lem, Lem .............. what have you done ?? You got these boys pants all in a wad ........ king

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  KY JELLY March 18th 2010, 7:08 pm

whatbumper wrote:

I have a hard time seeing anything good about that pass. Don't you run a 4 link rear? Why do all of your pics have the front that high?

Well I did not see anything good about that pass either it folded the wheelie bar brackets up lol!

We had just made some changes to the car when this happened , but the ic was like 56 " out and the car has 53 % on the front. You couple that with the fact that it is a p-51 headed engine and has produced 3 1.09 60 times I am not embarrassed about it at all Smile

oh yea it don't have any nos hoses or hair dryers or huffers on it either lol!
KY JELLY
KY JELLY

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 March 18th 2010, 7:18 pm

KY JELLY wrote:
whatbumper wrote:

Well I did not see anything good about that pass either it folded the wheelie bar brackets up lol!

We had just made some changes to the car when this happened , but the ic was like 56 " out and the car has 53 % on the front. You couple that with the fact that it is a p-51 headed engine and has produced 3 1.09 60 times I am not embarrassed about it at all Smile

oh yea it don't have any nos hoses or hair dryers or huffers on it either lol!

well per Nick the tire expert the nozzels and alky are a power adder............
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE March 18th 2010, 7:46 pm

whatbumper wrote:
DILLIGASDAVE wrote:Are you sure them faster 3000lb small tire no wheelie bar turbo cars running low 4's aren't using the Davis traction/wheel stand controller for "MANAGEMENT" instead of a wheelie bar?

Wolfe does NOT run one of those traction devices. As a matter of fact the only power management he used in the passes in Brunos post was the boost controller. According to Wolfe and GMac, they didn't even adjust the timing. It was locked out and they just controlled the boost.

I never said David does. When I said "them" I was speaking about the small tire/low 4's group as a whole. And there ARE some that are using the Davis box regardless if it's OK to use in some circuits or not.

But this does raise an interesting question on the turbo cars. Even without a dedicated purpose built "traction/wheel stand" control box, IF a boost controller was receiving/acting on over speed input from a wheel/driveshaft speed sensor, shouldn't that be thought of as very similar?
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next