BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BS3 vs FAST XFI

3 posters

Go down

BS3 vs FAST XFI Empty BS3 vs FAST XFI

Post  jones April 7th 2010, 8:38 am

If the world was perfect I would want to run one of these systems, so I just have some questions.

Anyone used either two of these systems?
Two local speed shops use both yet I still believe that the fine tunning is going to come down to the owner and the main part is the learning the system software and how to read those tables. Which one would be the easiest for a dumb dumb like myself?

jones

Back to top Go down

BS3 vs FAST XFI Empty Re: BS3 vs FAST XFI

Post  whatbumper April 7th 2010, 10:01 am

I have used both and they are really about the same as far as difficulty or ease of operation is concerned. The Fast XFI is cheaper to buy than the BS3 but plenty of people have had success with both. I have both tuning softwares on my computer so I can help people tune over the phone and email. Both systems are not that difficult to work with once you just sit down and play a little. One good thing about both is the ability to save many files so you can always go back to a previous tune when you slow down or something.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  GaryS February 12th 2011, 5:13 pm

I'm reading the installation doco for the FAST XFI right now. What is the status of your conversion project. I am making a list of questions. Some are simple and others are more difficult to even form into a question.
1) do you use Ford sensors or GM sensors. What would be the OEM part numbers. Are OEM sensors better than FAST sensors.
2) Crank sensor or distributor?
3) sequential or batch
4) Do you carburetor for new engine breakin and then change to EFI?
5) What is the part about connecting the ECM to a laptop and then connecting the laptop to another computer to connect to the internet???
6) What is the length and end type of the standard (included) communication cable between the ECM and laptop?
Has anybody else made this conversion? One novice and one tuner...it seems like there would be a bigger knowledge pool.
GaryS
GaryS

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper February 12th 2011, 11:21 pm

1) GM sensors. OEM is fine for most. got ours at autozone
2) Crank sensor or distributor? either
3) either. we use seq
4) no need
5) don't know what you are talking about. we only have one computer
6) factory length about 6' but any 9 pin cable will work

If you have any questions you can call my brother during the day. He quit farming to do this full time. 325-895-1826 Josh

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down