BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

another cleveland question for those who may know.

3 posters

Go down

another cleveland question for those who may know. Empty another cleveland question for those who may know.

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 20th 2010, 11:24 am

Will the TFC intake bolt onto a factory 4v head without a serious port mismatch problem? From what little i have read it bolts onto 2v ports no problem.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

another cleveland question for those who may know. Empty Re: another cleveland question for those who may know.

Post  the Coug April 20th 2010, 7:48 pm

Matt I think they have a new TFC 4v intake also you will have to do some checking thou.....but on a side note those heads look killer don't they??????

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

another cleveland question for those who may know. Empty Re: another cleveland question for those who may know.

Post  whatbumper April 20th 2010, 10:37 pm

I like the CHI intake much better than the TFC.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 20th 2010, 11:05 pm

I still have one Strip Dominator on the shelf for the Cleveland, so I am keeping it for one......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 20th 2010, 11:25 pm

the Coug wrote:Matt I think they have a new TFC 4v intake also you will have to do some checking thou.....but on a side note those heads look killer don't they??????

Randy

the 4v's?
considering that i can put a golf ball through the intake ports and have it almost come out by the valve Shocked
the exhaust ports make my 429 ports look..... odd.

The AFD heads just about made me crap a brick
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug April 20th 2010, 11:33 pm

Matt they are coming out with a 4v hd head soon I am waiting for it is suppose to flow over 400 cfm I think that will be a trick piece..... with 2.19 intake and 1.71 exhaust....@ 700 lift another cleveland question for those who may know. Icon_eek

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 20th 2010, 11:57 pm

not many people need a head that will be 800+ hp capable but it sounds like a good deal.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 21st 2010, 12:01 am

the Coug wrote:Matt they are coming out with a 4v hd head soon I am waiting for it is suppose to flow over 400 cfm I think that will be a trick piece..... with 2.19 intake and 1.71 exhaust....@ 700 lift another cleveland question for those who may know. Icon_eek

Randy

thats better than the kaase head! Shocked

thats big block territory as well affraid
I think im going to start collecting parts for another cleveland..... Cool.

makes me kinda wish i didnt get iron heads now
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 21st 2010, 9:30 am

found a 4v TFC intake and seen some dyno results. Things impressive. very tall intake but it flows better than any other intake ive seen right down to the holley intakes. Shocked

makes more torque and just as much horsepower as well What a Face
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper April 21st 2010, 9:58 am

whatbumper wrote:I like the CHI intake much better than the TFC.

Our out of the box CHI flowed more, was cheaper and made a broader torque curve in back to back testing on a 377. The TFC is taller though. The TFC is much better than the older technology like the torker, weiand, or holley. The aussies have it right on clevo stuff.

I know a guy that is building a hogged out CHI 4v headed 410 cleveland. Well it's a FMS block but he is building it cleveland style. It has the CHI intake with a dAMBEST 4500 carb. He is looking for the 1100hp number on motor but it may be around the 9500-9800 rpm range. Who knows? He may get there.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs April 21st 2010, 10:14 am

whatbumper wrote:
whatbumper wrote:I like the CHI intake much better than the TFC.

Our out of the box CHI flowed more, was cheaper and made a broader torque curve in back to back testing on a 377. The TFC is taller though. The TFC is much better than the older technology like the torker, weiand, or holley. The aussies have it right on clevo stuff.

I know a guy that is building a hogged out CHI 4v headed 410 cleveland. Well it's a FMS block but he is building it cleveland style. It has the CHI intake with a dAMBEST 4500 carb. He is looking for the 1100hp number on motor but it may be around the 9500-9800 rpm range. Who knows? He may get there.

Yea right now im considering both intakes very carefully. Im leaning toward the CHI cause i know a source that has one for 450. not a bad price from what i understand.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down