BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them

+5
Race Ready Fabrications
tornado
bbf-falcon
Treeyasoon
bronco
9 posters

Go down

does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them Empty does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them

Post  bronco June 6th 2010, 10:10 pm

a friend of mine is sponsered by toyo tires and they gave him two sets of slicks this year, he was wondering if anyone has anything to say about them.he says he doesnt know anyone that runs them and has no info on them, but doesnt see them around at all and it makes him a little uneasy.thanks for any info to help him out.

bronco

Back to top Go down

does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them Empty Re: does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them

Post  Treeyasoon June 6th 2010, 10:15 pm

If they are free tires...tell him to bolt them up and tell US how they are. Laughing
What little feedback I have heard, has been good....fwiw.
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them Empty Re: does anyone run toyo tires, any comments on them

Post  bbf-falcon June 6th 2010, 10:22 pm

I have a brand new set ready to go on Tweety when the Hoosiers are gone. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  tornado June 6th 2010, 10:45 pm

I've been running them on my BBF Fox. They work good for me!

tornado

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications June 6th 2010, 11:31 pm

I had a buddy buy a set when they were buy one get one free, and they were good for a while but wore out much quicker than goodyears.
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn June 10th 2010, 2:37 am

I put them on my truck last August. My 60's are quicker by 1-1/2 tenths. These tire were made to be run with or without beadlock screws. They have a hardened steel ring inside the bead, so you'll need to run a little shorter screw if you run them. They're a pretty stiff sidewall compared the the Phoenix's I ran before. My truck works best with 9-1/2 lbs of air in them, and they don't seem to require alot of time in the burnout box. But they don't seem to get greasy if you hang out in the box for a few seconds.

Overall, they work very well for my set-up. However, Toyo stated that "These tires would hook up in a parking lot." I found out today, this just isn't true! Shocked Shocked Laughing

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 10th 2010, 6:27 am

I tried getting some a few years back when they had the buy one get one deal, they never delivered them......... So I'll stick with the goodyears.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  342g June 10th 2010, 11:50 am

I have a friend that runs them, he swears by them, he never does a burn-out, just hazes the dirt off., been running them for three years, his sixty foot times is the same all night long, about 1.17, he never changes the air to comply with the track.
342g
342g
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper June 10th 2010, 12:53 pm

I would try them if they came in more sizes.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down