BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some UPS Drivers SUCK

+21
curiousgeorge
richter69
dfree383
D. Sea
BigBlockRanger
David Cole
Nevs
56Tbird
scottke
chuck stevens
bigblockfox468
Lem Evans
maverick
Mike R
whatbumper
jasonf
ThndrChkn
res0rli9
billandlori
Northwest outlaw
nuclearcobra
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 3 Empty Re: Some UPS Drivers SUCK

Post  billandlori July 3rd 2010, 5:42 pm

I have used all of them and have had good luck so far.

When I ship stuff I go way over kill on the packaging. Driving truck for years, I learned that stuff does happen, even when everyone is doing their best.

Cam sold:
Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 3 000_0196

Wrapped in paper towels:
Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 3 000_0197

Wrapped in cardboard:
Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 3 000_0198

MDF, screwed, glued, ready to go!
Some UPS Drivers SUCK - Page 3 000_0202

The guy at the UPS store laughed when I walked in with this. Said "That should do it!!"

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper July 3rd 2010, 5:54 pm

Sold a camshaft a couple of months ago. wrapped it in an actual towel. taped it up and then wrapped it in cardboard and then put it in a box with those little white peanut things. when the guy got it he told me it was broke in half. told him to ship it back and I would pay him back the selling price AND shipping and he didn't. sometimes I think some things that people say is broken are not really. I'm not saying you guys do this but I think that a lot of people claim things just to get free stuff.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf July 3rd 2010, 6:44 pm

Don't take it personally Scott and Stephanie but I ain't buying the bullshit your selling. Like I said, look at the videos on youtube of UPS drivers throwing packages. UPS drivers have the "drop and dash" method down to a T. When I see that fucker running down the sidewalk after the door bell rings I know shit is fucked up. I bought a computer case that came all the way from China and after a 300 mile trip from Houston to Lafayette it looked like a freaking fork lift drove over it. Give me a break with the "we care" speech. What a total load of shit. I paid to have my transmission packaged by UPS plus I paid for insurance then when it was all smashed to hell they said too bad sucker, not packaged well enough. WTF? Then on top of the scam they got going they say well only the shipper can file a claim (not that it matters because they deny every damaged claim). You think some fuckstick across the country that has his money already gives two fucks that UPS is jamming a 2x4 up your ass. NOPE! And before you start saying this is rare just do a search in the WWW. You will be reading till your 80 about all the people they screw over. On the old forum I think it was Scotty that said he once crated a part and when it got to it's destination it was all smashed to hell. What are you supposed to do ship it in a TYPE B or C container that can withstand a plane crash?????????

jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 3rd 2010, 7:02 pm

Couldn't resist:

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 July 3rd 2010, 7:29 pm

Both of them are not very good on making sure everything is delivered properly without damage. And your numbers Stephanie are a little screwed up if you think UPS is that much bigger than FedEX I worked for both in Chattanooga and my center alone for Fedex would deliver 10,000 a night by itself only about 3,000 less than the UPS in Chattanooga. The problem that they have is both companies try to deliver as many packages as quickly as possible of course to make a buck, they than do not pay the employees (not drivers) enough money and than try to work them to death to get things done as quick as possible. I worked for FedEx through quite a bit of college at 8 a hour, they could bring in 5 trailers and try to get them unloaded and the packages on the trucks within 3 hours. So you have the guys in the trailers trying to unload as quick as possible so they are throwing boxes left and right because the big bossman are there pushing them to get the trailer unloaded because the schedule only allowed a certain amount of time to get it unloaded before it would need to be taken to the next hub and the next trailer from outside brought in to be unloaded, and unless a box falls through the conveyor itself they do not turn it off, so crappy money, a very labor intensive job leads to workers that do not care and a very high turnover ratio. I worked there for over 6 months at each and everytime I was the last person left from the previous 6 months. On my belt alone we had 22 trucks at 9 loaders after 6 months I was the only one left of those 9. I cared about my packages so I got moved from unloader of trailers because I was to slow and moved over to loaded the trucks for delivery. Most of the packages delivered were usually broken before even getting to the drivers and usually even before they are put on the trucks. None of this is an excuse but most drivers are not the reason for the busted packages the crappy paid hub and delivery centers are!

Doug

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy July 3rd 2010, 7:43 pm

UPS will tell you that if the shipped item can't survive a "free fall" from 4 feet high, it might be damaged during shipping.

The heavier the item ... the more likely it WILL get damaged.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra July 3rd 2010, 8:36 pm

richter69 wrote:Box shit up better.
I feel all three sets of heads i'm talking about were boxed just fine if not both heads would probley be damaged in each set but it was only one in each set. I mean what are you supposed to do box them up to withstand a 10' drop and then if they surive that it dont mean there going make it in a 20' drop. Bottem line is they just gotta quit being in such a rush to meet there production goals.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield July 3rd 2010, 8:52 pm

I Worked for UPS in Tullahoma TN for 2 years as a mechanic . I was the only mechanic at this place with 40 package cars and 36 routes and they all average 210 miles a day. That is a lot of PMI's and driver write ups . I worked 12 hrs a night and when I tried to get help they told me it was ok to work as much overtime as I wanted. Let me tell you those guys earn their living ! Big Boss don't care at UPS ! The driver always gets reamed out buy the customer and buy Big Boss . To the big Boss It doesn't matter if you stay out to late , get in to early, package delivered to the right address ,or a damaged package, as long as the truck is empty when it comes back in from its route. These guys are tract by the little thing that you sign when you receive a package and when they pick up a package.. If the package was dropped in side the truck I don't see how it would hurt it . All of UPS trucks are aluminum and fiber glass . Thats Just my 2 cents worth! Good luck with it and I hate that it Happen.

X2 To what cobrakid8 had to say as well.
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke July 3rd 2010, 9:30 pm

whitefield wrote: I Worked for UPS in Tullahoma TN for 2 years as a mechanic . I was the only mechanic at this place with 40 package cars and 36 routes and they all average 210 miles a day. That is a lot of PMI's and driver write ups . I worked 12 hrs a night and when I tried to get help they told me it was ok to work as much overtime as I wanted. Let me tell you those guys earn their living ! Big Boss don't care at UPS ! The driver always gets reamed out buy the customer and buy Big Boss . To the big Boss It doesn't matter if you stay out to late , get in to early, package delivered to the right address ,or a damaged package, as long as the truck is empty when it comes back in from its route. These guys are tract by the little thing that you sign when you receive a package and when they pick up a package.. If the package was dropped in side the truck I don't see how it would hurt it . All of UPS trucks are aluminum and fiber glass . Thats Just my 2 cents worth! Good luck with it and I hate that it Happen.

X2 To what cobrakid8 had to say as well.

Hit that nail right on the head!!
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 3rd 2010, 10:16 pm

nuclearcobra wrote:
I feel all three sets of heads i'm talking about were boxed just fine if not both heads would probley be damaged in each set but it was only one in each set. I mean what are you supposed to do box them up to withstand a 10' drop and then if they surive that it dont mean there going make it in a 20' drop. Bottem line is they just gotta quit being in such a rush to meet there production goals.

Box it up like its gonna get the pimp hand strong.............I used to get converters from Lenny with the box all sealed up and the hub beat through the box full of trash.............had a little pow wow, he boxed shit up better and no more problems.

You have to do it as you figure they are gonna drag it behind the truck............... most dont, some do.

Them big ass tranny coolers I get from time to time are a damn hour job to secure so they dont get f-cked up................pita but the guy who gets it is happy when he pulls it from the box.

You shouldn't have have to, but just how it is............be prepared.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 July 4th 2010, 3:04 am

richter69 wrote:
nuclearcobra wrote:

Box it up like its gonna get the pimp hand strong.............I used to get converters from Lenny with the box all sealed up and the hub beat through the box full of trash.............had a little pow wow, he boxed shit up better and no more problems.

You have to do it as you figure they are gonna drag it behind the truck............... most dont, some do.

Them big ass tranny coolers I get from time to time are a damn hour job to secure so they dont get f-cked up................pita but the guy who gets it is happy when he pulls it from the box.

You shouldn't have have to, but just how it is............be prepared.

yep because the conveyors a lot of times have a very large amount of space they have to move the package in at a very short amount of time so there are quite often big height differences in the belts themselves that the packages have to move through and than the conveyors stop a ways from the end of the trucks or trailers that the package has to go onto. So it is a pain to package things up the way that it needs to be done but there really is no other choice unless you can deliver something yourself. I would tell my dad the same when having something shipped from Summit in Atlanta, I can drive it in 1 1/2 hours or he can pay a small amount to have it shipped and i would rather go get it myself and not take the chance of the part being all busted up! I am sorry to hear about your problems Nuclear I have seen it many times and have had it happen to me. The packages that come through and look like that might be damaged are supposed to(at least at FedEx) be removed off the line and not even placed onto a truck, but some of the unloaders and loaders just do not care enough to take the time to do it No

Doug

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3