BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any words of advice on promoting a race?

5 posters

Go down

Any words of advice on promoting a race? Empty Any words of advice on promoting a race?

Post  schmitty July 25th 2010, 9:18 pm

We were supposed to put on our dirt drag today at our local fair, but had some trouble with insurance. Long story short it is handled and we will be holding it on Aug 21. We have been rounding up sponsors as well as we can, but any words of advice are greatly appreciated. Glad it didn't work out for today, or I wouldn't have seen my daughter get her trophy. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Any words of advice on promoting a race? Empty Re: Any words of advice on promoting a race?

Post  deerhunter3814 July 26th 2010, 3:25 am

My advise is come down my way and I will race and support your effort. Cool
deerhunter3814
deerhunter3814

Back to top Go down

Any words of advice on promoting a race? Empty Re: Any words of advice on promoting a race?

Post  rmcomprandy July 26th 2010, 10:08 am

schmitty wrote:We were supposed to put on our dirt drag today at our local fair, but had some trouble with insurance. Long story short it is handled and we will be holding it on Aug 21. We have been rounding up sponsors as well as we can, but any words of advice are greatly appreciated. Glad it didn't work out for today, or I wouldn't have seen my daughter get her trophy. Very Happy

Don't cover-up or lie about ANYTHING ... racers may be pissed at first but, they will respect you for it and you'll later get their support.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 26th 2010, 10:41 am

Make sure the prize money / awards is clear and follow thru.

Be honest and strait up with the rules and if some arguments arise. Don't play favorites with anyone.

And its always nice to acknowlage everyone their and thank them for their participation and mention all the racers by name.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  lghting94 July 26th 2010, 1:03 pm

Make your rules, post them and ENFORCE them. We have been having lots of issues withthat around here we have the rules but noone enforces them.
lghting94
lghting94

Back to top Go down

Post  schmitty July 26th 2010, 1:49 pm

Thanks guys. The rules are already set in stone, as we are using the rules from our mud drag sanctioning body. There is no gray areas in them and they are some pretty standard rules for everyone to follow. The prize money is what is being paid in as entry fees and will be as such according to participation. Cool
David, long time no see, bring that truck on out and play with us. Very Happy
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  deerhunter3814 July 26th 2010, 2:15 pm

schmitty wrote:
David, long time no see, bring that truck on out and play with us. Very Happy

If I could afford to travel any more I would, I love the dirt. (no clean up) Very Happy
deerhunter3814
deerhunter3814

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down