BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

+11
bbf-falcon
the Coug
56Tbird
69F100
ThndrChkn
dfree383
BigBlockRanger
billandlori
jasonf
bb429power
Maddmattmustangs
15 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine Empty So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 2:59 pm

I was doing some comparing between the Turus and the mustang for a possible rack and pinion swap and I saw the ups guy dropping off a bunch of stuff for them. I started to get back to work when I saw that the boxes had procomp electronics on them.... He came over about half an hour later saying his new sb chevy motor is gonna stomp the crap out of my sb Cleveland. THEN he started boasting about his procomp parts.... It took all I had not to bust out laughing and rolling on the ground. So now were gonna have a race when both cars are ready to rock lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine Empty Re: So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 3:24 pm

I feel sorry for the guy, he's going to put all that money into a motor and it wont run for crap.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine Empty Re: So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

Post  jasonf July 26th 2010, 3:29 pm

Speaking of pro comp have you checked out their website lately? They have 4 bolt main windsor blocks now. affraid
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 3:56 pm

jasonf wrote:Speaking of pro comp have you checked out their website lately? They have 4 bolt main windsor blocks now. affraid

That's a frightening thought!
I normally would but I warned him about procomp. He said his research showed that procomp was te best. He then said that why ford procomp parts suck is because ford sucks. I do not feel any pitty for him
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 4:00 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
jasonf wrote:Speaking of pro comp have you checked out their website lately? They have 4 bolt main windsor blocks now. affraid

That's a frightening thought!
I normally would but I warned him about procomp. He said his research showed that procomp was te best. He then said that why ford procomp parts suck is because ford sucks. I do not feel any pitty for him
If that's the case then I don't feel sorry, frickin moron's going to understand after he gets stomped and blows his wal-mart motor in the process. Gonna run like a stock motor, but weaker and more expensive.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 4:10 pm

I bet his idea of "research" is calling up procomp's tech support and asking how good they are.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 4:22 pm

Hahaha yea probably. My clevelands got bigger fish to fry but this should be an ok warmup Laughing
Not like it's a stroker or anything or a solid roller cam or nothing special like that...... What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori July 26th 2010, 5:12 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Hahaha yea probably. My clevelands got bigger fish to fry but this should be an ok warmup Laughing
Not like it's a stroker or anything or a solid roller cam or nothing special like that...... What a Face Twisted Evil Twisted Evil lol!

What he don't know WILL hurt him!! He need to get used to looking at your tail lights.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 5:16 pm

He's probably going to need a telescope to see them. Or atleast some binoculars Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 5:18 pm

When you finally race, I want to see a video of it. Wink Gonna have a good laugh at that one, tell him he can take on my 466 too. I wonder if there is a way where you can choose who you want to race at the dragway. I would really like that, I would race my brother or dad. Smile Can you do that in a grudge race?
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger July 26th 2010, 5:34 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:So now were gonna have a race when both cars are ready to rock lol!

So..... what will your excuse be if he whoops your ass in that race.... if it ever happens? Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. Wink
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 6:20 pm

If I loose I'm going to shake his hand and say he's the luckiest procomp owner in history.
I plan on taping all my runs to help dial in the car better. I have anther guy that says windsors trump all he's next on the list
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 July 26th 2010, 6:31 pm

Go get'em Tiger !!
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 7:00 pm

Thanks!
Next up is going to be the BBC guy down the road from me. He runs 10.90's so he's gonna be harder to beat. Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn July 26th 2010, 7:14 pm

I got nothing against the Cleveland based engines, but one shouldn't be so fast to sell the Windsor based engines so short. I've seen dyno sheets from a 460" Windsor build, that put out 850 HP @ the crank. No specs on the build, but in my book, that ain't no slouch. Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 7:18 pm

ThndrChkn wrote:I got nothing against the Cleveland based engines, but one shouldn't be so fast to sell the Windsor based engines so short. I've seen dyno sheets from a 460" Windsor build, that put out 850 HP @ the crank. No specs on the build, but in my book, that ain't no slouch. Wink

Doug... Cool

Yea I wouldn't pick a fight with that Windsor Shocked
But the Windsor in question is a 351 that's .030 over medium sized flat tappet stock heads and 750 carb. Best part it's mounted inside a Chevy. We call him the heritic Laughing
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 7:31 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
ThndrChkn wrote:I got nothing against the Cleveland based engines, but one shouldn't be so fast to sell the Windsor based engines so short. I've seen dyno sheets from a 460" Windsor build, that put out 850 HP @ the crank. No specs on the build, but in my book, that ain't no slouch. Wink

Doug... Cool

Yea I wouldn't pick a fight with that Windsor Shocked
But the Windsor in question is a 351 that's .030 over medium sized flat tappet stock heads and 750 carb. Best part it's mounted inside a Chevy. We call him the heritic Laughing
I've got a windsor built similarly. They can put some damn good power on the dyno sheet.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 7:34 pm

I'm curious to see what mines going to put down. Being a 410 ci mildly porter 4v closed chambered motor
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 7:38 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:I'm curious to see what mines going to put down. Being a 410 ci mildly porter 4v closed chambered motor

I thought you had a BBF? Whats your BBF motor? Stroked small blocks can be very powerful at some high rpm's.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 7:51 pm

bb429power wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:I'm curious to see what mines going to put down. Being a 410 ci mildly porter 4v closed chambered motor

I thought you had a BBF? Whats your BBF motor? Stroked small blocks can be very powerful at some high rpm's.

I do I have a 440ci and a 557 with a 528 truck motor in the works. The 440 is a 429 bored .060 over with c9ve heads. Debating what I'm going to do with it since I can't sell the crank. The 557 is going to be an all race motor. Still looking for a foxbody to drop it in. The Cleveland is my street strip motor for the time being. I'm thinking about making the 440 into another fun street motor. Alot of this I collected in trades working for people etc etc.
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 8:34 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
bb429power wrote:

I do I have a 440ci and a 557 with a 528 truck motor in the works. The 440 is a 429 bored .060 over with c9ve heads. Debating what I'm going to do with it since I can't sell the crank. The 557 is going to be an all race motor. Still looking for a foxbody to drop it in. The Cleveland is my street strip motor for the time being. I'm thinking about making the 440 into another fun street motor. Alot of this I collected in trades working for people etc etc.
Cool Cool Cool
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 9:34 pm

I might drop the 528 in my mustang with iorn heads and a factory looking dual plane and see what happens though Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 26th 2010, 9:43 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:I might drop the 528 in my mustang with iorn heads and a factory looking dual plane and see what happens though Very Happy
Quiet the exhaust a lot and tell him its a stock motor, then whoop his azz Twisted Evil Don't need anything fancy to have fun.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 July 26th 2010, 10:06 pm

hold on to the seat of your pants my 351c 4v closed chambered with a 292h comp in my 69f100 with factory rear springs under it would brake the tire loose at 55mph and had the 275 60 15 BF radial TA tires.It was fun until it wanted to eat a valve but I ran that engine little over 4 years with out a problem until the breather stud came off and went down the carb and made it on top of the piston.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 26th 2010, 11:26 pm

I have a solid roller going in mine. I plan on setting up my rear with a cal trac system. Should be a fun street car. Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next