BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

+11
bbf-falcon
the Coug
56Tbird
69F100
ThndrChkn
dfree383
BigBlockRanger
billandlori
jasonf
bb429power
Maddmattmustangs
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine - Page 2 Empty Re: So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

Post  dfree383 July 27th 2010, 2:47 am

ThndrChkn wrote:I got nothing against the Cleveland based engines, but one shouldn't be so fast to sell the Windsor based engines so short. I've seen dyno sheets from a 460" Windsor build, that put out 850 HP @ the crank. No specs on the build, but in my book, that ain't no slouch. Wink

that ain't cheap or a procomp motor.....

Doug... Cool
Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

So my neighbors building a hardcore engine - Page 2 Empty Re: So my neighbors building a hardcore engine

Post  56Tbird July 27th 2010, 6:41 am

I'll grudge race you guys with my pro-comp stuff on my engine Twisted Evil I guess I really didn't win this weekend since I run pro-comp stuff ? Come get ya some boys lol! king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 8:53 am

56Tbird wrote:I'll grudge race you guys with my pro-comp stuff on my engine Twisted Evil I guess I really didn't win this weekend since I run pro-comp stuff ? Come get ya some boys lol! king

Timming covers and valvecovers don't count Laughing
I think those are the only things procomp does right... geek
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 27th 2010, 10:01 am

ThndrChkn wrote:I got nothing against the Cleveland based engines, but one shouldn't be so fast to sell the Windsor based engines so short. I've seen dyno sheets from a 460" Windsor build, that put out 850 HP @ the crank. No specs on the build, but in my book, that ain't no slouch. Wink

Doug... Cool

Hey where the heck did a windsor come into this deal??? he said his Neighbor was building a Pro Comp SBC Neutral

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug July 27th 2010, 10:04 am

Maddmattmustangs wrote:
56Tbird wrote:I'll grudge race you guys with my pro-comp stuff on my engine Twisted Evil I guess I really didn't win this weekend since I run pro-comp stuff ? Come get ya some boys lol! king

Timming covers and valvecovers don't count Laughing
I think those are the only things procomp does right... geek

Ahhh valve covers, the timing covers need a bunch of machine work to fix.....

My time is worth something so Danny Bee you don't have to work on, so it is worth something not to have to re-engineer....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 27th 2010, 10:05 am

Maddmattmustangs wrote:If I loose I'm going to shake his hand and say he's the luckiest procomp owner in history.
I plan on taping all my runs to help dial in the car better. I have anther guy that says windsors trump all he's next on the list

Here's where it started Randy. Wink
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon July 27th 2010, 10:41 am

When Dan was at the house,Him and I went to a friend of mines house to look at a Ron's toilet. He's got a 455" Windsor w/PC Valve covers and water pump,and the way that thing sounded to me,I would'nt want to jump on him too quick. I will let you know what it runs. Smile The VC's looked good too me

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 3:48 pm

bb429power wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:I might drop the 528 in my mustang with iorn heads and a factory looking dual plane and see what happens though Very Happy
Quiet the exhaust a lot and tell him its a stock motor, then whoop his azz Twisted Evil Don't need anything fancy to have fun.

I'd use a full case muffler with cutouts. Second gear burnout to make it sound like a slug lol!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  johndickjr July 27th 2010, 3:54 pm

a Cleveland when built with some race parts are mean sob...look at the old pro stock motors..351c motors

johndickjr

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 5:19 pm

I pulled out all the stops I could think of on mine. Even a Holley strip dominator. Twisted Evil
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah July 27th 2010, 6:30 pm

bb429power wrote:I feel sorry for the guy, he's going to put all that money into a motor and it wont run for crap.
YEEEAH....... I have herd that before when I was building my motor.LOL! And its just a little 466 budget build but still tuning the motor and susp it's at 9.50 @139 running out of gear.. IM SUPER happy with my worked procomp heads no matter what any of the haters say!!

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeremiah July 27th 2010, 6:33 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:I pulled out all the stops I could think of on mine. Even a Holley strip dominator. Twisted Evil
Whoo now. All the stops.. watch out now. Holly strip dominator. MAN that must be a bad MOFO!! HA! Laughing Laughing

Jeremiah

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 July 27th 2010, 6:39 pm

Jeremiah wrote:
bb429power wrote:I feel sorry for the guy, he's going to put all that money into a motor and it wont run for crap.
YEEEAH....... I have herd that before when I was building my motor.LOL! And its just a little 466 budget build but still tuning the motor and susp it's at 9.50 @139 running out of gear.. IM SUPER happy with my worked procomp heads no matter what any of the haters say!!

You can "spray" just about anything into the 9's, Hell I bet that golfcart you got might even go a 9.99999 with a little juice on it.................. Laughing
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 7:09 pm

Jeremiah wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:I pulled out all the stops I could think of on mine. Even a Holley strip dominator. Twisted Evil
Whoo now. All the stops.. watch out now. Holly strip dominator. MAN that must be a bad MOFO!! HA! Laughing Laughing

I should make 575 600 n/a horsepower with only mildly rubbed on 1970 iron heads. Your making what 450 n/a.? With 56 ci cubic inches more? With ports that aren't even the same size? Cheap fleebay valves? Probably procomp retainers too. You beig paid by procomp or a chevy pig in a flamer suit? If you need that much nazzzz you must be a ricer. Clown. Don't forget your clown shoes. There sitting on top of your engine
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 7:19 pm

[quote="Jeremiah" the a$$ clown]I And its just a little 466 budget build but still tuning the motor and susp it's at 9.50 @139 running out of gear.. [/quote]

You mean 9.51 at 93 mph in the eighth right?

Last edited by Maddmattmustangs on July 27th 2010, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 27th 2010, 7:21 pm

[quote="Maddmattmustangs"]
Jeremiah wrote:
bb429power wrote:I And its just a little 466 budget build but still tuning the motor and susp it's at 9.50 @139 running out of gear..

I think you meant to quote Jeremiah on that one. Neutral
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 7:30 pm

[quote="bb429power"]
Maddmattmustangs wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:
bb429power wrote:I And its just a little 466 budget build but still tuning the motor and susp it's at 9.50 @139 running out of gear..

Embarassed Yea. I think my iPhone copy and pasted ur handle by acedent. Sorry man!!
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 27th 2010, 7:33 pm

[quote="Maddmattmustangs"]
bb429power wrote:
Maddmattmustangs wrote:
Jeremiah wrote:

Embarassed Yea. I think my iPhone copy and pasted ur handle by acedent. Sorry man!!
IPHONE! I DON'T GOT NO FRICKEN IPHONE! Laughing I know it was a mistake, just had to clear my name Cool I like the fix that you made Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 7:37 pm

I went back and tried to edit it Very Happy
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 8:01 pm

Where did the clown go? I've got some babes here that know there engines that are looking for more laughs jocolor
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 27th 2010, 8:38 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Where did the clown go? I've got some babes here that know there engines that are looking for more laughs jocolor
Babes! Hey ladies I'm young and hot! 16 and life to go. Once you go white, you be aight Wink Laughing
I hope I can find a girl that knows engine, being that I plan on doing it for a living.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 8:47 pm

Hang out in the pits and at the track. It will happen Very Happy
I got lucky. Mines not that great with engines but she doesn't mind helping out under the hood. Just hope me and her can work out our issues
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power July 27th 2010, 8:51 pm

Maddmattmustangs wrote:Hang out in the pits and at the track. It will happen Very Happy
I got lucky. Mines not that great with engines but she doesn't mind helping out under the hood. Just hope me and her can work out our issues
I do, but maybe if I was there with my car more.....And she better like FERDS!
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  Maddmattmustangs July 27th 2010, 9:13 pm

Yea I hear ya. I'm in a chevy dominated town Shocked
Maddmattmustangs
Maddmattmustangs

Back to top Go down

Post  BB94STANG July 27th 2010, 9:20 pm

YEEEAH....... I have herd that before when I was building my motor.LOL! And its just a little 466 budget build but still tuning the motor and susp it's at 9.50 @139 running out of gear.. IM SUPER happy with my worked procomp heads no matter what any of the haters say!! [/quote]

Would you just go away........LOL lol! lol! lol! lol!
BB94STANG
BB94STANG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next