BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

+11
DILLIGASDAVE
95lightiningguy
richter69
torkair
the Coug
dfree383
bbf-falcon
G-Code
TorinoGT
Nevs
89lxcoupe
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ? Empty holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

Post  89lxcoupe August 22nd 2010, 9:29 pm

its the pro comp 14 psi pump, same as the holley black. hey guys i have had this problem for a few weeks, i don't have the car drivable but just by starting it, it will hold 6 psi then a few minutes later it will loose psi and quit pumping ? the filter before the pump will be full and the filter before the carb will still have some fuel in it. the pump had a small leak so i put a new gasket on it and thought i had fixed it but it still has a small leak ? i am running out of options and need some fresh ideas. i do have another spring and relief valve i could put in it ! any ideas.....

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ? Empty Re: holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

Post  Nevs August 22nd 2010, 9:43 pm

Well, it might look like a Holley, but it's not. Therein lies your problem. Pro Comp=problems.I'd get a real pump if it was me, but you probably don't want to hear that...Good luck.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ? Empty Re: holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

Post  TorinoGT August 22nd 2010, 10:12 pm

I dont have any personal experience with ProComp stuff... but I really have yet to hear much good about their products. Prob worth the money time and hassle to just go ahead and buy a new quality pump.

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  G-Code August 23rd 2010, 12:49 am

89lxcoupe wrote:its the pro comp 14 psi pump, same as the holley black. hey guys i have had this problem for a few weeks, i don't have the car drivable but just by starting it, it will hold 6 psi then a few minutes later it will loose psi and quit pumping ? the filter before the pump will be full and the filter before the carb will still have some fuel in it. the pump had a small leak so i put a new gasket on it and thought i had fixed it but it still has a small leak ? i am running out of options and need some fresh ideas. i do have another spring and relief valve i could put in it ! any ideas.....

" Same as a holley black"

No it's not. It's another piece of shit Pro-Crap knock off sold to people who want to save a buck.

"any ideas"

Yes throw that piece of shit in the trash and buy a decent pump.

G-

Jon

G-Code

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 23rd 2010, 8:00 am

Before you throw it away check a few other things.
1.Breather vent to fuel cell could be blocked
2. Fuel line could be crimped somewhere.
If these things happen,it won't make a diff. what pump is on it,it won't hold pressure.
3.Another thing to check would be if the pump pumps good when all other things are shut off(electrically).You always need a relay on your fuel pump.
Good luck Wink

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 23rd 2010, 8:33 am

Get a new pump, stay away from the cheap stuff and get a good brand name pump.

Areomotive, Magna fuel, and Holley are a few good names.

dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 23rd 2010, 8:46 am

Isn't it Funny how these people buy this crap to save them money, and by the time they figure out it is Junk they spend more money than they would have if they would have just bought a good one in the first place?

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  torkair August 23rd 2010, 11:40 am

the Coug wrote:Isn't it Funny how these people buy this crap to save them money, and by the time they figure out it is Junk they spend more money than they would have if they would have just bought a good one in the first place?

Randy

Yes it is but in a sad kind of way...
torkair
torkair

Back to top Go down

Post  G-Code August 23rd 2010, 12:03 pm

torkair wrote:
the Coug wrote:Isn't it Funny how these people buy this crap to save them money, and by the time they figure out it is Junk they spend more money than they would have if they would have just bought a good one in the first place?

Randy

Hey I can buy a pump that looks just like a Holley black and save $20.00 wow I think I'll buy 2 of them. Maybe he can get Holley to warranty it for him sense it's just like a Holley black

WTF Razz

G-Code

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 23rd 2010, 12:12 pm

G-Code wrote:
torkair wrote:

Randy

Hey I can buy a pump that looks just like a Holley black and save $20.00 wow I think I'll buy 2 of them. Maybe he can get Holley to warranty it for him sense it's just like a Holley black

WTF Razz

you can't stir up enough shit on 460ford.com so you come over here ? do you feel better now........

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 23rd 2010, 12:13 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:
G-Code wrote:
torkair wrote:

Randy

WTF Razz

your not gonna get any procomp love here either.

you can't stir up enough shit on 460ford.com so you come over here ? do you feel better now........
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 23rd 2010, 12:54 pm

funny thing jegs and a few other people have pumps identical to holley ? also the pump works fine outside the car so i suspect its not the pump. thanks for all your none help, i am better off on my own. some of you people have no place saying anything !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 23rd 2010, 1:10 pm

Well Thank You.

Didn't you say you have rebuilt it, because it was leaking and its still leaking too???? and where looking for "Fresh" Idea's?

Fresh Idea.......... Pumps Junk, Replace it and blow out your fuel lines and replace the filter........and if you didn't have a filter, better clean the carb out to.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  G-Code August 23rd 2010, 1:22 pm

richter69 wrote:

you can't stir up enough shit on 460ford.com so you come over here ? do you feel better now.
[/quote]

Actually I was here last night I saw it here first.

As far as starting "crap" I wouldn't have touched this thread if the title had read " Pro Comp pump loosing psi" but it didn't did it?

On 460Ford the title is:" Holley Black loosing psi "
Why do you think that is ? why would he not write "Pro Comp loosing psi" ? That's actually a rhetorical question because we all know the answer now don't we.

G- Cool

G-Code

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 23rd 2010, 1:39 pm

G-Code wrote:
richter69 wrote:

you can't stir up enough shit on 460ford.com so you come over here ? do you feel better now.

Actually I was here last night I saw it here first.

As far as starting "crap" I wouldn't have touched this thread if the title had read " Pro Comp pump loosing psi" but it didn't did it?

On 460Ford the title is:" Holley Black loosing psi "
Why do you think that is ? why would he not write "Pro Comp loosing psi" ? That's actually a rhetorical question because we all know the answer now don't we.

G- Cool [/quote]

man do what you want to make yourself feel better you wasted your time and mine replying ! and i forgot to put copy ! your to focused on hoping its the pump bad instead of trying to help the problem. the pump works out of the car so its not the pump......... i don't go around bashing people for what parts they use. i had my purpose for buying it and thats none of your business !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  G-Code August 23rd 2010, 2:48 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:....... i don't go around bashing people for what parts they use. i had my purpose for buying it and thats none of your business !

Curious? Why didn't you list Pro Comp in the title then ? Why did you list Holley, that would seem like a fair question if you ask me.

G-

G-Code

Back to top Go down

Post  Nevs August 23rd 2010, 7:13 pm

i don't go around bashing people for what parts they use. i had my purpose for buying it and thats none of your business !

I'd say when you asked the question on an Internet forum, it did make it our business. Accepting the fact it's not a Holley pump would be a good starting point. If it indeed pumps fine out of the car, then why even ask the question? Your problem obviously lies elsewhere. Your defensiveness speaks volumes in my opinion. But I'm sure you don't want to hear that either.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  95lightiningguy August 23rd 2010, 8:46 pm

[img]holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ? Popcorn[/img]
95lightiningguy
95lightiningguy

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE August 24th 2010, 12:53 am

89lxcoupe wrote:the pump works out of the car so its not the pump.........
Just because the pump "works" out of the car doesn't mean it's working correctly.

Have you tested the pro-comp pump yet to see how many seconds it takes to fill a gallon jug? that's the real test of an electric fuel pump's abilities. If you haven't done it yet, test the pump correctly first. Then if it can fill a gallon jug fast enough that's when you start looking for other problems.

And make no mistake while the ancient Holley red/blue/black pump design is "lacking" when compared to the newer Aeromotive & Magnafules design, the normal pro-comp lack of quality control & shortcuts when copying a part make this ancient design 100 times worse than it should be.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 24th 2010, 10:51 am

DILLIGASDAVE wrote:
89lxcoupe wrote:the pump works out of the car so its not the pump.........
Just because the pump "works" out of the car doesn't mean it's working correctly.

Have you tested the pro-comp pump yet to see how many seconds it takes to fill a gallon jug? that's the real test of an electric fuel pump's abilities. If you haven't done it yet, test the pump correctly first. Then if it can fill a gallon jug fast enough that's when you start looking for other problems.

And make no mistake while the ancient Holley red/blue/black pump design is "lacking" when compared to the newer Aeromotive & Magnafules design, the normal pro-comp lack of quality control & shortcuts when copying a part make this ancient design 100 times worse than it should be.

it does fill up a gallon jug pretty fast but i haven't timed it ! i'll try to do that and see if its putting out like it should !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 25th 2010, 9:23 am

we all know why you bought the pro comp pump . that leads to this -- did you use quality fittings , correct size lines , size of fuel tank outlet ? proper gage wire and connections ? you can sometime get away with cheap , other surpporting parts you can't Then there is the regulator

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 25th 2010, 9:35 am

Why come on here and try to coat it with sugar when everyone knows different....get you a good pump and get on with it....and throw that POS in the Trash and let it be... fix the problem don't try and find a band-aid for it....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  ustahava67 August 26th 2010, 11:15 pm

I used a "Holley Black" Pro-comp pump on my car..... Last year at a Pinks arm drop race it started loosing pressure. I had to crank the regulator a full turn after each round. I got through that race and bought an Aermotive pump. .... Haven't had an issue with the fuel system since
ustahava67
ustahava67

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird August 27th 2010, 2:30 am

He probably didn't calll it a pro-comp pump ,because he knew Coug would have to flap his cocksucker as soon as he saw it. I run some of the pro comp stuff and like it real well. If my stuff sat in the driveway all the time it'd never tear up either.Coug ,you always run your mouth about your tech posts ...You don't help much , you just flap your trap...I got something you can flap on Bitch Twisted Evil king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 27th 2010, 5:00 am

I went to test w/buddy last week and he had a new BG400 that would'nt pump up ove 3# of pressure.He would have traded that pos for a ProComp that night Evil or Very Mad

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next