BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

+11
DILLIGASDAVE
95lightiningguy
richter69
torkair
the Coug
dfree383
bbf-falcon
G-Code
TorinoGT
Nevs
89lxcoupe
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ? - Page 2 Empty Re: holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

Post  dfree383 August 27th 2010, 7:16 am

bbf-falcon wrote:I went to test w/buddy last week and he had a new BG400 that would'nt pump up ove 3# of pressure.He would have traded that pos for a ProComp that night Evil or Very Mad

IMO BG might as well be ProCrap..... I won't buy his products either. Magnafuel or aeromotive are my first choices.

And Dan don't forget to mention how you had to modify your procomp stuff as it was junk as is out of the box. Coug may not make his point smoothly, but there still is meritt to what he's saying........ Overall procomp stuff is junk and you need to think real hard before you buy their products, because you stand a very high chance of having problems or big time headaches....
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ? - Page 2 Empty Re: holley black copy loosing psi and not pumping ?

Post  56Tbird August 27th 2010, 8:59 am

I've ran BG pumps on my cars for years too Dave. How many races have you won ? Oh ....that's what I thought...after seeing you try to race I understand your problem Twisted Evil I haven't bought very many pieces that I haven't modified to suit my needs better. At least I didn't have to build a drip pan to catch the oil from a leak like some Danny B's I've seen. How many IDT or A460 blocks have you seen where they didn't need line honing or extra maching to get right?
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 27th 2010, 9:23 am

ok guys so we get the point ...... hey bro ( op ) i have a used holley black i will send you if you need it Wink

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 27th 2010, 9:44 am

56Tbird wrote:I've ran BG pumps on my cars for years too Dave. How many races have you won ? Oh ....that's what I thought...after seeing you try to race I understand your problem Twisted Evil I haven't bought very many pieces that I haven't modified to suit my needs better. At least I didn't have to build a drip pan to catch the oil from a leak like some Danny B's I've seen. How many IDT or A460 blocks have you seen where they didn't need line honing or extra maching to get right?

You realy want to have a pissing contest???
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug August 27th 2010, 10:31 am

56Tbird wrote:He probably didn't calll it a pro-comp pump ,because he knew Coug would have to flap his cocksucker as soon as he saw it. I run some of the pro comp stuff and like it real well. If my stuff sat in the driveway all the time it'd never tear up either.Coug ,you always run your mouth about your tech posts ...You don't help much , you just flap your trap...I got something you can flap on Bitch Twisted Evil king

there you go again talking about cock suckers why talk about yourself? oh and how the Hell are you.... You do know some People have jobs and are expected to work....... oh yeah mr Janitor.....

Like I have said in the Past you have 1605 post and not one freak techinical bit of info from you yet.....

I have been off your case and now you start Shyt again....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 27th 2010, 10:59 am

bruno wrote:ok guys so we get the point ...... hey bro ( op ) i have a used holley black i will send you if you need it Wink

if your serious thank you. but i have already bought a good used holley blue to try.

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 27th 2010, 11:37 am

89lxcoupe wrote:
bruno wrote:ok guys so we get the point ...... hey bro ( op ) i have a used holley black i will send you if you need it Wink

if your serious thank you. but i have already bought a good used holley blue to try.

very seriuos ..... if you need just let me know

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 27th 2010, 3:37 pm

89lxcoupe wrote:

put a question to you about supply lines and wireing . -- got no answer . I did see on the other forum your use of a regular plastic stock type fuel filter . now this question -- why do you tink the inlets & outlets are large on the Holley pump ? there not tfor stock size fuel lines , so get a clean tank (w/correct size outlet) , 1/2" fuel line , good race fittings and proper gage wireing . if you do a 1/4 ass job of it -- thats what you get . Oh and don't forget the fuel filters , no little plastic ones

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 27th 2010, 4:00 pm

DanH wrote:
89lxcoupe wrote:

put a question to you about supply lines and wireing . -- got no answer . I did see on the other forum your use of a regular plastic stock type fuel filter . now this question -- why do you tink the inlets & outlets are large on the Holley pump ? there not tfor stock size fuel lines , so get a clean tank (w/correct size outlet) , 1/2" fuel line , good race fittings and proper gage wireing . if you do a 1/4 ass job of it -- thats what you get . Oh and don't forget the fuel filters , no little plastic ones

the fuel lines are 3/8 from the tank to the carb even the fuel filters i got rid of the stock 5/16 lines, the inlet and outlet fittings on the pro comp and holley blue stock are 3/8 but can go up to 1/2 ! 3/8 will supply enough fuel for what i want to do...... i bought a metal 3/8 filter after the tank just in case it may try to collapse the plastic one and a new 3/8 plastic filter for the carb ! the wire for the pump is 14 or 16 ga i believe just what holley recommends.

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  DanH August 27th 2010, 11:08 pm

you could of got away with a mechanical pump with the 3/8" fuel line

DanH

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 28th 2010, 12:24 am

DanH wrote:you could of got away with a mechanical pump with the 3/8" fuel line
i have a D9TE fuel injection shortblock so i didn't have the spot to put a mechanical pump.

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  89lxcoupe August 30th 2010, 10:12 am

well i started thinking yesterday it may have something to do with picking up the fuel since it does good when i first put gas in it and it's up in the air solid on 4 jack stands so no slosh to the tank, i went and got 3 more gallons of gas and put in it and viola the pressure shot up to 11 psi so i turned it down to 6 psi and let it run for at least 20 minutes and the fuel pressure never changed !

89lxcoupe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2