BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What races do you plan on racing next year

+13
richter69
ThndrChkn
56Tbird
512Fairlane
Treeyasoon
jsracing
JACKAZZFLATZ
whatbumper
bcr466
665 falcon
Tore
bb429power
bbf-falcon
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year Empty What races do you plan on racing next year

Post  bbf-falcon October 10th 2010, 9:01 pm

Since Norwalk won't be having their Ford deal next year,Sooz and I have been discussing where we would like to go for our road trips in "11".

If Phillip,Lem and Co. decide to have the Bash for us we will make IT for sure,then the Hot Rod reunion at BG in June for sure, and then I'm not for sure. Would like to spend my Race budget money for Fall races after those two.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year Empty Re: What races do you plan on racing next year

Post  bb429power October 10th 2010, 9:06 pm

Well what we need is an event for the people more in the north, Milan has a Ford Superfest every year. But that's a long haul for you, about an hour or so more than Norwalk probably and its not as big of an event.

There is also the NMRA Razz But there is the NMCA which is full of chebbies using too much nitrous and then backfiring. Laughing
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year Empty Re: What races do you plan on racing next year

Post  Tore October 11th 2010, 11:26 am

Rick, Milan is mostly interstate for you so is shouldnt be to bad. I was wondering where I would race at also.

Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon October 11th 2010, 1:19 pm

For a fall event, New England drag way has Tasca ford weekend usally in early to mid september. Weather usally nice and cool. Its a good event imop. NH is a nice vacation spot something to do for everybody. Wink. And don't forget to bring the king with you Laughing Laughing . So come on up you Big blockers, we will have fun for sure.
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 October 11th 2010, 1:56 pm

What races?? I plan on supporting my local area tracks as they have helped me out over the years. I might also join the Dixie Door Slammers and run some of their races but that depends on how this new combo runs and if I am able to upgrade my towing setup. By the time the chimp and his cronies get through with my pension, I might have enough.
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 11th 2010, 2:06 pm

665 falcon wrote: Whats the facility like do they have showers there? What else is there do in that area besides go to your house and eat steak and drink your beer?

Tore

For a fall event, New England drag way has Tasca ford weekend usally in early to mid september. Weather usally nice and cool. Its a good event imop. NH is a nice vacation spot something to do for everybody. Wink. And don't forget to bring the king with you Laughing Laughing . So come on up you Big blockers, we will have fun for sure.
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 11th 2010, 2:07 pm

Tore wrote:Rick, Milan is mostly interstate for you so is shouldnt be to bad. I was wondering where I would race at also.

Tore

We might have to look into that Tore,If a bunch us would commit on being there I probably would try it. I think it's about 4.5 hrs. for me.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore October 11th 2010, 2:34 pm

Not a bad drive for me
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 11th 2010, 4:07 pm

Tore wrote:Not a bad drive for me
What state are you in?

Milan, well that's the farthest dragway south of me that is still in Michigan, then probably Norwalk which has no Ford event anymore, then Columbus.

Milan does put on a good show most of the time, good quarter mile track with a good track groomer. Big pit area for sure but not like Norwalk of course, tons of food stands and seats. We also have a pit shop to get some parts and race fuel, and area to camp plus a campground right by the track. If you want any info ask me I'm sure I can help, here is their website. Oh, and the guys from Pinks All Out love the track I guess.
http://www.milandragway.com/home.html
http://www.milandragway.com/about.htm

And a live video streaming minus the sound Laughing
http://www.1320go.com/milan/timeslipsonline.php
What races do you plan on racing next year Milan%20Dragway%20Overall
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper October 11th 2010, 4:14 pm

We already have 22 races scheduled. We could have more if we had a single sponsor but that is about all we can really cash flow if we win about 6 of them or finish in the top quarter in 12. They are mostly in Texas but some are in Oklahoma, maybe one in Missouri, and hopefully one or two in Georgia. We wanted to run in Georgia this fall but I will be tuning a clutch that weekend in Ennis at the ADRL event.

6 hours is the average distance for us to race.
afro

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  JACKAZZFLATZ October 11th 2010, 4:21 pm

I left the entire summer open for the pending BASH date.
Most weekends at Northern Michigan Dragway, random trips to Mid-Michigan Motorplex and Knoll-Gas 131.
SOMEONE needs to order better weather for Milan's Ford race next year !
JACKAZZFLATZ
JACKAZZFLATZ

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 11th 2010, 4:38 pm

These should give you an idea of what the track itself is like, there is also a dirtbike track and there used to be a sand drags there too. It ain't a hole in the wall.
What races do you plan on racing next year 2003_0411_184145AA_800_burnoutbox
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 11th 2010, 4:40 pm

8 hrs is the most I WANT to tow.Maybe some exceptions Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 11th 2010, 4:53 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:
Tore wrote:Rick, Milan is mostly interstate for you so is shouldnt be to bad. I was wondering where I would race at also.

Tore

We might have to look into that Tore,If a bunch us would commit on being there I probably would try it. I think it's about 4.5 hrs. for me.
I just checked on google maps, from the center of Jackson to the center of Milan (not a big place) is roughly 4.5 hours. That's a long haul for you, that's taking US 23 right up to it. Its not too far off the highway. I don't want to push anyone into going to Milan if they don't want to, I was just making a suggestion. If you like it okay and if not then okay we'll figure out another place. Smile I'm not 100% sure how long the Superfest is, I'm pretty sure its one day.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon October 11th 2010, 9:05 pm

bcr466 wrote:What races?? I plan on supporting my local area tracks as they have helped me out over the years. I might also join the Dixie Door Slammers and run some of their races but that depends on how this new combo runs and if I am able to upgrade my towing setup. By the time the chimp and his cronies get through with my pension, I might have enough.

scratch . Are you mad at something Question . I dont understand your comment.
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon October 11th 2010, 9:12 pm

Tore wrote:
665 falcon wrote: Whats the facility like do they have showers there? What else is there do in that area besides go to your house and eat steak and drink your beer?

Tore

Tore dont worry about showers, just bring me my teeth im starving. PS the blue Torino Cobra would be nice to Wink Wink

665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing October 11th 2010, 9:48 pm

bcr466 wrote:What races?? I plan on supporting my local area tracks as they have helped me out over the years. I might also join the Dixie Door Slammers and run some of their races but that depends on how this new combo runs and if I am able to upgrade my towing setup. By the time the chimp and his cronies get through with my pension, I might have enough.

you COULD give a brother a holla once in a while, sheesh! new car, new digs you forget bout your old slow buddies Wink

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing October 11th 2010, 9:49 pm

I just hope to have a running car finally. That will be awesome enough!

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon October 11th 2010, 10:14 pm

jsracing wrote:I just hope to have a running car finally. That will be awesome enough!
I think, when it is all said and done....you will have a running car. Very Happy
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Treeyasoon October 11th 2010, 10:15 pm

Double Posted Somehow....
Treeyasoon
Treeyasoon

Back to top Go down

Post  512Fairlane October 11th 2010, 10:30 pm

BBF bash is number one on my list. I will schedule the rest around that one. The Muscle Car Reunions at Gateway and KCIR are both good races although it doesn't look good for Gateway next year so I may have to do a lot more traveling. My closest track will be 3.5 hours away compared to 1 hour to Gateway Sad . Might try the Bowling Green Nostalgia race.
512Fairlane
512Fairlane

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 October 12th 2010, 12:55 am

jsracing wrote:

you COULD give a brother a holla once in a while, sheesh! new car, new digs you forget bout your old slow buddies Wink

I did send some comments on websites and some emails. I guess you didnt understand them like Falcon? Very Happy Very Happy
bcr466
bcr466

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 October 12th 2010, 1:04 am

665 falcon wrote:

First part should read, What races will I race?
Last statement should read, I might NOT have enough left.
Age, abuse and CRS makes me leave out words now and then Very Happy
bcr466
bcr466

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon October 12th 2010, 7:57 am

bcr466 wrote:
665 falcon wrote:

First part should read, What races will I race?
Last statement should read, I might NOT have enough left.
Age, abuse and CRS makes me leave out words now and then Very Happy

I here you, im guilty of it myself Laughing
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  56Tbird October 12th 2010, 9:25 am

I'm planning on running at The Bash, The Hotrod Reunion, bracket finals at US60, maybe do a little Dixie DoorSlammin,if I ever get this pig lined out to where I feel it should be...I'll do some bracket racing too.I'd like to run some of the Goodguys series too, just depends on the money in my racing account??Boobie Z ,you'd better haul your happy ass to KY. this year brother...I don't want to have to come get your punk ass!!! lol! king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next