BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What races do you plan on racing next year

+13
richter69
ThndrChkn
56Tbird
512Fairlane
Treeyasoon
jsracing
JACKAZZFLATZ
whatbumper
bcr466
665 falcon
Tore
bb429power
bbf-falcon
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year - Page 2 Empty Re: What races do you plan on racing next year

Post  ThndrChkn October 12th 2010, 9:31 am

bcr466 wrote:What races?? By the time the chimp and his cronies get through with my pension, I might have enough.

Man, those are awful kind words. Laughing Laughing I have a few that I care NOT to share on here, for fear even pleading the 5th would not do me any good. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Myself, I may not be doing ANY racing in the future. Just not in the budget anymore. If things keep going, someone's gonna get a great buy on one Nuclear Banana with a fairly stout 521. Wink

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year - Page 2 Empty Re: What races do you plan on racing next year

Post  56Tbird October 12th 2010, 9:41 am

Doug ,George Keown needs a back up Truck?? scratch king
56Tbird
56Tbird
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 12th 2010, 10:44 am

Money talks buddy. Very Happy This combo could go pretty cheap if a buyer was to come and pick it up. Wink PM me if you're serious.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bcr466 October 12th 2010, 11:35 am

[quote="ThndrChkn"] Money talks buddy. Very Happy This combo could go pretty cheap if a buyer was to come and pick it up. Wink PM me if you're serious

Doug, think long and hard before you do that. I have sold things in the past, (practically had to give it away) , to do and pay some things that I thought were more important. Then later on realize that I still didnt have enough to do it all. There I was with no racing euip., no projects, no vacation funds and still not enough to get us out from under threats. Your truck wont cost anything just sitting and you still have your dream. No dreams or hope is a very heavy burden, I know!
bcr466
bcr466

http://cracing@frontiernet.net

Back to top Go down

Post  ThndrChkn October 12th 2010, 3:54 pm

Oh I know all about having no dreams or hopes. My family's dreams, and hopes of a decent life have been all but eliminated, thanks to METH. Not from use, but from someone else that was driving while high. I won't get into it here again, but those on here that already know about it, know what we're going through. I do think about it every time I fire it up, every time I see it in the garage, and just about every time I get on here. It tears me up knowing that I'm doing this by myself, because I almost have no family to enjoy it with. I'm almost to the point now, that if I KNEW it was going to the right place, I'd give it away. But, as screwed up as things are, my over caring wife convinces me to keep doing it. I need to stop now....... Sorry to turn the thread the wrong way.

Doug... Cool
ThndrChkn
ThndrChkn

Back to top Go down

Post  bb429power October 12th 2010, 6:39 pm

Man, if I had the funds and I was a little older I would buy it Doug. It would be a great truck to race and eventually I would swap out the engine with on of my choice and keep trying to go faster and faster. Well, I'll keep dreaming. I can only hope that everything goes along swell for you. Good luck, and have faith.
bb429power
bb429power

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 12th 2010, 6:41 pm

Doug,I know YOUR situation,and I've been to your place and have met your great wife ,kids,and dogs. You have and ARE going thru things that most cannot comprehend. Sooz was just asking me the other day how you and the family were doing. She also mentioned that your wife had been on her heart all day that day,and that she was praying for you all. Keep the FAITH brother Crying or Very sad Smile

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 12th 2010, 6:52 pm

Plan on wearing super pro out next year with the 81, Prostreet shootout with the 69 once a month and maybe a grudge race or two................ get the kid in her jr...........either way next year will be less workin on stuff and more racin'
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 12th 2010, 8:00 pm

richter69 wrote:Plan on wearing super pro out next year with the 81, Prostreet shootout with the 69 once a month and maybe a grudge race or two................ get the kid in her jr...........either way next year will be less workin on stuff and more racin'

Me too Jon Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  jsracing October 12th 2010, 8:44 pm

bcr466 wrote:
jsracing wrote:
bcr466 wrote:What races?? I plan on supporting my local area tracks as they have helped me out over the years. I might also join the Dixie Door Slammers and run some of their races but that depends on how this new combo runs and if I am able to upgrade my towing setup. By the time the chimp and his cronies get through with my pension, I might have enough.

you COULD give a brother a holla once in a while, sheesh! new car, new digs you forget bout your old slow buddies Wink

I did send some comments on websites and some emails. I guess you didnt understand them like Falcon? Very Happy Very Happy

must be a slow connection up here cause I havent got em yet!
JS

jsracing

http://indyracingscene.com/?styleid=2

Back to top Go down

Post  valleydawg October 23rd 2010, 6:38 am

I am debating on some of the 4.80 heads up stuff down in the Carolina's next year probable with PTRA or maybe run IHRA Top Sportsman. I am sure I will run a few of the local bracket races here at Orangeburg when the Pro Mods guys roll in. (Love watching these bad ass cars!) I would also like to make the BBF Bash next year if it falls on a good date for me.
valleydawg
valleydawg

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice October 23rd 2010, 7:16 am

I would just like to get the car done and actually make a pass somewhere. I had high expectations earlier this spring of at least having it running by Christmas, but that is not going to happen. I have a ton of work I need to do on the house we bought 2 years ago, have a second house we can't sell and are forced to rent out, Work a 50hour a week job as a construction foreman, work in the garage in the evenings and weekends on someone elses projects to fund mine, and still can't figure what to do with the remaining 2 hours in the day. Smile ..............I have a hard time telling people no when it comes to race car stuff. I have however had to tell them it will cost MORE if they stay and help Laughing But through all the complaining that I do , I still realize how lucky and fortunate I am to work for a good company, with an honest and sincere owner, and have a great family who is healthy and does not have to go through life without the important things..................

Oh, and I am glad that my three little girls don't have green teeth. lol!

Travis

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon October 23rd 2010, 7:49 am

Travis,When it comes to putting your stuff aside to work on other peoples cars,I'am the same way,but I'am finally telling them no. If I don't i can't get anything done of mine. I have a 68 FB that I've had apart for 2yrs.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year - Page 2 Empty Next year

Post  knrclark October 23rd 2010, 10:01 pm

Bash first! Would like to make a race in Okla. with Richter and maybe Randy
(Coug) in Tx. A little index racing local. Looking forward to seeing Hillbilly Erv debut his truck.
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv October 25th 2010, 12:07 pm

knrclark wrote:Bash first! Would like to make a race in Okla. with Richter and maybe Randy
(Coug) in Tx. A little index racing local. Looking forward to seeing Hillbilly Erv debut his truck.

the 2011 bash of course n local strip, maybe a trip to Thunder Valley, thx buddy, sometime in the near future, i hope Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year - Page 2 Empty Truck

Post  knrclark October 25th 2010, 10:44 pm

hillbillyerv wrote:
knrclark wrote:Bash first! Would like to make a race in Okla. with Richter and maybe Randy

the 2011 bash of course n local strip, maybe a trip to Thunder Valley, thx buddy, sometime in the near future, i hope Cool

I can't wait Erv. I would love another convoy to OK and Thunder Valley. Long haul but much fun.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 26th 2010, 12:29 am

come on down fellas, I'll have 2 cars going by spring................ Cool
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

What races do you plan on racing next year - Page 2 Empty ok

Post  knrclark October 26th 2010, 9:48 pm

I'm working on it Jon.

Kerry
knrclark
knrclark
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  hillbillyerv October 29th 2010, 4:15 pm

richter69 wrote:come on down fellas, I'll have 2 cars going by spring................ Cool

would love to, will see what i can do, would be a real blast Cool
hillbillyerv
hillbillyerv
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2