BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need?

5 posters

Go down

Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need? Empty Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need?

Post  windsor November 25th 2009, 8:34 pm

I have a 65 Falcon with my body/chassis guy. He's going to install the R&C MII front end and do the mock up with the motor/tranny. Going to use motor mounts only. I will run an external oil pump and am needing info on which oil pan I should run? (It's an Eliminator Premier block, if that matters). R&C can supply a Canton as part of the kit and I would need to get it modified for the external pump, but am I better off using a bit more of a custom piece?

Isn't Lem or Charlie the ones that provides them with the external lines and oil feeds already plumbed?
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need? Empty Re: Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need?

Post  billandlori November 25th 2009, 9:02 pm

billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need? Empty Re: Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need?

Post  Lem Evans November 25th 2009, 9:24 pm

Our charlie is the man...cyl. heads . It's another Charlie that does the pans for me .
Windsor '65......these are custom pans...so about everthing is do-able .

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 25th 2009, 9:25 pm

Just touch base with Lem. His number is scrolling across the top of the screen in red. That's a different "Charlie" that does the oil pans, (not me) however I have a bought and used a couple of them, and am well pleased.

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor November 25th 2009, 9:27 pm

Ah thanks, Charlie (Evans)! I'll get in touch with Lem about the other Charlie.

OR, should I just go with the Canton that R&C can supply with their kit and have it modified? Question
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans November 25th 2009, 11:09 pm

windsor wrote:Ah thanks, Charlie (Evans)! I'll get in touch with Lem about the other Charlie.

OR, should I just go with the Canton that R&C can supply with their kit and have it modified? Question

Well, since you asked, I'll suggest that you use a Charlie's pan from Lem. It will look very similiar to Jon Fabio's external pick-up pan and can be built correctly from the get go. Furthermore, since you are using an Eliminator block with the wide four bolt main caps, I think your Canton pan will need to be notched/modified and rewelded to clear the center three main caps. It's the same problem with the FRPP A-460 blocks, so it's not like Lem hasn't plowed this ground before. With the Charlie's oil pan, they have side kickout's and the oil pan rails roll inward, which help's slove this interference problem with the center three main caps.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf November 26th 2009, 12:37 am

So there are two Charlies and two Evans and non of them are related right?? The big question is does Charlie have another friend name Lem? Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need? Lol Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need? Lol Which External Wet Sump Pan do I need? Lol
(for those that don't know Charlie and Lem Evans are not related even though a lot of people think they are.)
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor November 26th 2009, 1:20 am

c.evans wrote:
windsor wrote:Ah thanks, Charlie (Evans)! I'll get in touch with Lem about the other Charlie.

Well, since you asked, I'll suggest that you use a Charlie's pan from Lem. It will look very similiar to Jon Fabio's external pick-up pan and can be built correctly from the get go. Furthermore, since you are using an Eliminator block with the wide four bolt main caps, I think your Canton pan will need to be notched/modified and rewelded to clear the center three main caps. It's the same problem with the FRPP A-460 blocks, so it's not like Lem hasn't plowed this ground before. With the Charlie's oil pan, they have side kickout's and the oil pan rails roll inward, which help's slove this interference problem with the center three main caps.

Hope this helps,

Charlie Evans

Thanks again, Charlie. That all makes perfect sense and is what I'll do!

BUT, I had no idea you and Lem weren't related.... cyclops
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down